Tree's DC4

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Thanks guys!

Today I decided to be productive while I waited for my Grandpa to say it was ok to come over. After a while he called me saying he forgot that he had company coming over for dinner. We are planning for me to go over there Tuesday after school now.
Here is my interior

Sound Deadning by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
And using these tools it turned into this:

Primitive Tools by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Messy by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
I put as many pieces as I could into the bag and weighed them in. In the mod list I added 0.2 lbs to account for all the pieces I didn't pick up.

Weight Shaved by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
When I make it out to my Grandpa's I will take a wire wheel to what's left to clean it up. I also want to remove all the items circled in red and fill the holes circled in green.

Plans by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Getting There by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I'm now at 175.67 lbs removed.=)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm now at 175.67 lbs removed.=)

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Thanks guys! I hope that if I'm able to go to my grandpa's tomorrow that it'll be a productive day.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Amiguel6 just posted these in my build thread on CI. Can't wait to get them.

In other news I did go out to my Grandpa's last night and removed the components I wanted to and also grinded the floor so it's ready for paint. I will post pics later. I need to get more paint to finish the job.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
My girlfriend just gave my birthday gift :mrgreen: She also gave me Pacific Rim and a season of Top Gear. :

Why 6 speed? Because K swap.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My girlfriend just gave my birthday gift :mrgreen: She also gave me Pacific Rim and a season of Top Gear. :

Why 6 speed? Because K swap.
:word: that's awesome man! In for k swap :P

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
It's been a while since a proper update.
Yesterday, as some of you guys know, was my birthday. My girlfriend gave me a Mugen 6 speed spherical shift knob.

Knob by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Old vs. new. Shifting is sooo much smoother with this knob compared to the OEM one.

Knobs by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then today as I got back from school I had a delivery notice. So I went to the post office to pick it up. They FINALLY arrived!

Box by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Brand new in the box OEM window visors!

Opening by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

OEM Visors by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

OEM by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then here is the progress on my interior. Not perfect by any means, but it'll do for now. Once I get more time (ie. out of school) I will completely repaint the interior. I just wanted it painted before the bare metal rusted.

Interior by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
Holy crap that interior looks hot! Almost chrome looking! Love love LOVE those window visors.
:thumbs up

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
The paint was still wet in that shot, that's why it looks chrome like.

Here is the latest work. I finished shaving all the holes from removing the seat mounts and child seat anchor mounts then finished the painting and lastly installed the trim again. You can also see my Mugen shift knob. I'll get better pictures soon just been so busy. I'm hoping to install the window visors soon too.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Thanks guys! I used Rustoleom (sp?) rust spray paint. I used it on my wiper arms and it holds up really well.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I did more work on Mia today!
Got some tools together

Tools by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Sorted all the hardware out

Clips by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Mocked up the window visors

Mocked up by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Marked for the clips

Marked by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Then I peeled the weather stripping back and got to work. Here is the first clip in place.

In Place by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
All the clips are now in place along with the trim installed again.

Ready for Install by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Now I have the passenger side done =)

Installed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Installed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Then I decided to take a picture of my goose, I mean taillights.

Goose by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Then I vacuumed the seats and carpet and also wiped the plastics down to clean the interior =)

Knob by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I will have to do the driver's side visor tomorrow morning before work. =)

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Oh yeah, I forgot about these until just now. This is what i removed and shaved at my Grandpa's.

2.46 lbs Gone by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

And since I put the trim back inside the car It puts me at 167.98 lbs removed.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow you are really gungho about the whole weight thing. i dont think i ever got a real answer on that one.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
wow you are really gungho about the whole weight thing. i dont think i ever got a real answer on that one.
An answer on what? Sorry. Honestly i was expecting closer to 5 lbs from those. It was too much effort for so little weight lol.