Tryin To Do My EJ1 The Right Way :) (Clean)

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Painting the lip will cost about 15 dollars... that think looks hideous on an all white car....

DAlexsanderC

5+ Year Member
Ok cool it with the mommy s**t cuz she wanted a exhaust back on fast so she wanted to help me out but everything im working hard for & yeah lets drop that clean s**t cuz i just wanted to point out that overall the car had no body problems really.
What really pisses me off is thieves are starting to creep up in our neighborhood & even my own house so i hope everything stays in one piece :(

Consider me a ricer i guess tho. just my impression from all these opinions.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok cool it with the mommy s**t cuz she wanted a exhaust back on fast so she wanted to help me out but everything im working hard for & yeah lets drop that clean s**t cuz i just wanted to point out that overall the car had no body problems really.
What really pisses me off is thieves are starting to creep up in our neighborhood & even my own house so i hope everything stays in one piece :(

Consider me a ricer i guess tho. just my impression from all these opinions.
I was commenting on the "mommy" quote, not because she was helping you out, but the fact that a 17 year old is still calling his mother, mommy. That isn't common, especially not when talking to others about her. Saying it to her is one thing, but out in public is another.

I am sorry about the thieves. It is always bad but when the times are tough like they are right now in this economy, it gets worse. All you can do is to deter them as much as you can. On that note, putting flashy trinkets on your car is definitely not going to help. It draws attention.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theres nothing wrong with calling mom mommy. he was just making light of the situation. my girlfriends mom is momma. and my mom is just mom. momma gets me all of my parts, i pay for them but she orders them and picks them up for me.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's a psychological thing. A grown man calling his mother mommy in public is...well, to put it in layman's ...not right.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but this isnt necisarily public. it also depends on how comfortable the person is in public. i personaly dont give a s**t what other people think about me, my mommy pays my college tuition so i can graduate without any debt. and she pays for my clothes, food and puts a roof over my head.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ha wow mommy, im 16 and i havent called my mom mommy in a long time, and get that lip painted. It really throws off the look of the car. It could work with some more unpainted parts on the car but you painted them so just get it painted, youll be glad you did

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all it takes to do the lip a normal white (non pearl/ metallic) is adhesion promoter for plastic, primer, and a gloss white. all rattlecans. lay the coats out thin and even.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but this isnt necisarily public. it also depends on how comfortable the person is in public. i personaly dont give a s**t what other people think about me, my mommy pays my college tuition so i can graduate without any debt. and she pays for my clothes, food and puts a roof over my head.
An open forum over the net is VERY public. If they allow guests to read threads, then it is public.

A grown man still calling his mother mommy is not about how comfortable they are. It is about not letting go of the childhood dependence on a parental figure. Same thing as a grown woman calling her father daddy. She subconsciously won't let go of being the little daddy's girl. It is a psychological thing. It has nothing to do with being comfortable. Someday, when you get out on your own, pay your own bills, make your own way you might begin to understand. It is normal in society for one to take the burden of going to college onto themselves. Most people go and work to put themselves through. Paying off college is a part of growing up and part of being an adult.

It's not right to be an adult and still depend completely on your parents. Them taking the full financial burden for 18-20 years is not enough?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
An open forum over the net is VERY public. If they allow guests to read threads, then it is public.

A grown man still calling his mother mommy is not about how comfortable they are. It is about not letting go of the childhood dependence on a parental figure. Same thing as a grown woman calling her father daddy. She subconsciously won't let go of being the little daddy's girl. It is a psychological thing. It has nothing to do with being comfortable. Someday, when you get out on your own, pay your own bills, make your own way you might begin to understand. It is normal in society for one to take the burden of going to college onto themselves. Most people go and work to put themselves through. Paying off college is a part of growing up and part of being an adult.

It's not right to be an adult and still depend completely on your parents. Them taking the full financial burden for 18-20 years is not enough?
they dont take the full burden. they only pay for tuition. i pay for books, gas, food, and everything else. they do it so i can get out on my own easier after college, not start straight in on the $80k plus in college debt, then house/ apartment payments, and all that other s**t, their parents did it for them for that reason, so they are doing it for me, and both my little sibs.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh, so now they only pay for tuition? Which is it? Before you said that they pay for college, food, cloths, and put a roof over your head. That to me is full burden. When you get out on your own one day you will understand how much it is to have to pay for all of that. The cost of living is expensive.

You are the minority. At least out of everyone that I have ever met. Most people work their ass off to get through school and then for the next many years to pay it off. Like I said, it's part of being an adult. Teaches self dependence instead of always looking behind you for a back up from parents.

Sorry Op. I am done.

Carfanatic

5+ Year Member
That car is also in europe, that's why it has 17s. The europeans are still stuck in the 2000 fast and furious phase...
lol yeah, and the persons who want to do it the "US' way, hate the ricers from europe... (like me) :lol:

aaronbrooks22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow, way to crowd this poor guys thread with USELESS opinions.
IMO , do what you want with your car, look at my car, i didnt come here asking for there opinion, and im sure in the end, im pulling more power than most on this site, given there will always be a car faster than yours. Focus on that motor big guy, even if its small upgrades here and there. Save your allowance, or whatever method of income you have, and build your motor.
car is clean though, good job so far

aaronbrooks22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all it takes to do the lip a normal white (non pearl/ metallic) is adhesion promoter for plastic, primer, and a gloss white. all rattlecans. lay the coats out thin and even.

Hints the titile, "trying to do my ej1 THE RIGHT WAY" rattle cans on exterior parts is not the right way, A+ for effort though, ROFLMFAO

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hints the titile, "trying to do my ej1 THE RIGHT WAY" rattle cans on exterior parts is not the right way, A+ for effort though, ROFLMFAO
if you know what you are doing a rattle can can be just as effective as a proffessional paint job on the lip.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you know what you are doing a rattle can can be just as effective as a proffessional paint job on the lip.

:word:

In response "to doing it right": For the record, leaving them unpainted, isn't the right way.

aaronbrooks22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree lethal6, and lotz, that is like saying an ebay header, is just as good as a more well known brand such as dc, or like saying my rota rims are just as effective as your mugen rims. effective or not, its still not the right way.
save up for your lip it should cost any more that 60 bucks to have it painted to match your white
free up for a 17 y/o building a civic

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
doing it the right way for paint is all in the process, and the quality of the paint itself. if you buy good paint, and all of the correct adhesion promoters, and primers, then he could easily paint his lip the right way himself. just because you take the thing to a body shop doent mean that they will do it the right way.

DAlexsanderC

5+ Year Member
Thanks everyone for the personal opinions but yea ill just be working hard to complete this car they way I want it ya know.

& yeah i looked at the lip the other day & i actually do want it painted now.