Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I assume with him wanting 6 and you paying 2 you're either putting in a s**t ton of work on his mighty max or you're helping me buy my next car!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wasnt he asking 6? did you at least use some lube before you raped him
Yep he was asking six, but with all that was wrong with the car i told him it was only worth 2 gs to me. I didnt care either way if i got the car or not but told him he was gonna end up getting his money out of me one way or another by me working on his truck.

I even told him he could keep his system and the rotas with new tires as long as it had steelies on it with decent tires, but he said it was all good.

The money i gave him is going to go straight into the truck i believe. We r building mounts for a chevy 350 and i will be bagging his truck and body dropping it for him. These services at a shop will cost in excess of $1500 a piece just in labor.

I also explained to him the prices i sold some of my nicer civics for over 5 years ago which to me makes me feel like i still over paid for this car.

Its a 92 civic people. It doesnt matter whats done to it. It has body damage, an incomplete interior, an ebay turbo kit and a b16 with a bad tranny. The way i look at it is i am doing him a huge favor in hoping the car will last me 6 months...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I assume with him wanting 6 and you paying 2 you're either putting in a s**t ton of work on his mighty max or you're helping me buy my next car!
I am pretty good at finding deals on cars and talking people down. But i also will buy complete crap with intentions on fixing it and flipping it. But usually just flip non running vehicles for a couple hundred dollar profit lol.

I have a problem. Im a car guy and i cant refuse an import of any kind. I love my rotaries and my hondas. I hate red cars, but my last two cars have been red. Im just a sucker for a neglected car that needs love and i would hate to see some of these cars go to a teenage kid.

If this rhd hatch had gone to most of the import kids in this town it wouldve been wrecked in a week.

I will drive this like a grandma. It will hardly see the turbo or vtec.

Im sure i will do upgrades as ive already sourced some things for it but i dont want this car to take away from my minitruck even though i will be building another truck for a few weeks. It should all work out in the end!

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, make the hatch pretty but don't take away from the truck.....I wanna see this truck through lol

Hell if I had disposable income I'd come out and try and lend a hand with it!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The hatch is good enough as long as it gets me back and forth from work.

Then maybe in a month or two i will start upgrading. It just needs washed and waxed... Bad!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright well BOT...

I got in my reducer coupler from the greddy power chamber to intercooler piping and now i need another tbolt clamp since all i got was 2.5" ones. I need a 3" one if somebody wants to ship me one...

If not i guess ill go on ebay and see how much it is for just one...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i sold my spare 13b today. This means i can order my last expensive part to get this b***h running.

Too bad its custom and will take a month to make...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice, get that truck done so you can focus on the civic =)
Forget the civic.. I want to see this truck done a HELL of a lot more than the civic! This is probably one of the coolest builds on the forum considering its NOT EVEN A CIVIC and Chris STILL keeps us updated about every little thing. This truck by far has more work into it (especially custom) than most other builds on here.

Once you finish the truck, I think that by default due to all the hard work/custom stuff; your truck should automatically become the next featured ride. There should be a nice large picture of your truck on the homepage along with a feature article... someone, please make this happen! :thumbs up

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice, get that truck done so you can focus on the civic =)
I will drive the civic while i build the truck. Then i will probably sell the civic for another project. That is if i keep it long enough..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Forget the civic.. I want to see this truck done a HELL of a lot more than the civic! This is probably one of the coolest builds on the forum considering its NOT EVEN A CIVIC and Chris STILL keeps us updated about every little thing. This truck by far has more work into it (especially custom) than most other builds on here.

Once you finish the truck, I think that by default due to all the hard work/custom stuff; your truck should automatically become the next featured ride. There should be a nice large picture of your truck on the homepage along with a feature article... someone, please make this happen! :thumbs up
Ya. Fùck the Civic! Lol.

This truck does have a lot of custom s**t, and i would be honored to have a featured ride on here!

Lets focus on getting this truck done first!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Couple pics. Getting ready to go drop this off at the freight center!

On a pallet and banded up at work...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342045333.796099.jpg

Shrink wrapped. Hopefully this guy doesnt back out on me. I think we have both been burned before so we r both being super cautious...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342045453.794619.jpg

Hopefully i can order my big money piece before i go to north dakota!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was supposed to go monday. U would have to understand my job to realize there is no planning and its totally fly by night.

Keeps u guessing lol. Really sucks sometimes not knowing where ur gonna be the next minute ir when ur gonna be home..,

But it pays the bills!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well dropped off the engine and paypal paynent cleared! Yaya!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well im up in North Dakota again for work. Two weeks until i will be home and be able to order the last bits to get the truck up and running...

May be purchasing some other things if i make money...

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well im up in North Dakota again for work. Two weeks until i will be home and be able to order the last bits to get the truck up and running...

May be purchasing some other things if i make money...

im wondering what it could be... im sure when i see what it is your getting i will slap myself.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U will probably think its overkill, but i cant pass up the deal and the quality of worksmanship...

Bad thing is i have to take a shít load of measurements before i can order it and i obviously cant take measurements while im 3 states away from my truck lol.

Its just a waiting game now, but im concentrating on getting ahead on bills and such and hopefully make a baller check up here to get everything i need to get my truck running!

So basically will be brainstorming and just chatting in this thread til i get home. So if anyone has any ideas, feel free to throw them out there!