Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking good man! i LOLed when i read you cut the bed apart to remove it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice update, I wish I have a garage dedicated to working on my car.
Word. Whatever house I buy WILL have a garage that the car WILL stay in lol. That's a high priority for me. That and the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally an update and a picture filled one
Its been a long time comin!

looking good man! i LOLed when i read you cut the bed apart to remove it.
gotta do what u gotta do. This build is slow enough. Couldnt imagine how slow it would be if i had to rely on other people.

It really sucks getting older and not having as many friends or them not having time. Life gets in the way and shït gets complicated...

If i wouldve started building this truck to this extent back in 07 then it wouldve only taken me a year. Just too much going on in my life right now. But it will get done!

Nice update, I wish I have a garage dedicated to working on my car.
Ya its nice, but its too small for what i do. And i would really like to park my daily driven vehicles in a garage...

Someday...

Word. Whatever house I buy WILL have a garage that the car WILL stay in lol. That's a high priority for me. That and the kitchen.

its rough to get a house the way u want it nowadays unless u got deep pockets...

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its been a long time comin!

gotta do what u gotta do. This build is slow enough. Couldnt imagine how slow it would be if i had to rely on other people.

It really sucks getting older and not having as many friends or them not having time. Life gets in the way and shït gets complicated...

If i wouldve started building this truck to this extent back in 07 then it wouldve only taken me a year. Just too much going on in my life right now. But it will get done!
i hear ya man, i end up doing all my own work now as well... i used to want to get builds done super quick when i was younger, but i actually like to take my time, look for deals, and build it the way i want and the right way these days. looks like you are doing that as well ;)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya there really is no reason to rush, but its killin me not bein able to drive this damn thing...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
need to clean those semen stains off the carpet

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know right? They only show up in pictures lol. Just had the carpet cleaned a few weeks ago...

f**ken kids. I swear i cant keep anything clean...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, i feel your pain, our daughter destroys the house

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need new carpet for real though. But that would take money away from this build lol...

fresh.gen

*wipes tears of joy away....* LOVING THE UPDATE MY DUDE! Hope all is well and cant wait to see more progess on the whip.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i came home from work yesterday and was super motivated to work on the truck(even skipped the gym :shock:)

so i started getting things ready to put the new bed on the frame and check for clearance since i knew i was gonna have a bunch of issues.

so when i was pulling stuff off my frame i decided i was gonna mock up my intercooler piping since i hadnt even taken it out of the box since i had gotten it lol.

so then i got the bed lifted off of the saw horses and set it on the ground. i used the cherry picker cuz i thought it would work, but needless to say, it didnt work worth a f**k...

and here it is set on the ground and made sure everything was still square and level...

started checking for where i could put my fuel cell. this is a RCi 16 gallon fuel cell. i wanted to put it here, but for driveline issues and the floor still has to be raised for the bodydrop and such, this location will not work. damn the luck...

it really sucks, cuz a lot of thise stuff in the rear is going to be in the way and i want to redo it so bad and do a rx7 irs, but im not digging back in to the suspension even though it is outdated. i just want to get this thing in a rolling complete chassis and be done, so i decided to cut everything that will be in the way out of the way and make it work...

the battery box needed to be removed so i could mount my fuel cell in the back...

battery box gone. the frame will be ground smooth and powdercoated once all this s**t has been taken care of. i still need another compressor....

fuel cell mocked up. will be raised as high as possible to prevent any chance of it catching fire....
still quite a bit of stuff that needs to be moved, but this was good enough for now...

put the bed on with the help from my wife since its impossible to get any of my friends over here to help me do anything on this truck...

my daughter was happy to see the bed go on...

just exactly what i didnt want to do to this bed, but i had clearance issues, so things had ot be cut to make room. dont worry, when the floor has been lifted for the bodydrop, this will all be plated back in!

heres the difference in a stock height bed and the 5 1/2+ inches of bodydrop that thie cab has. i still have to cut 2 inches out of the bottom of the sheetmetal on this bed so it matches up with the cab and plate it all in. more on that later...

i will build around the 4 link and other stuff, and have to cut a hole for my compressor and airtank and all that jazz, but here the bed is before the rest of the floor is cut and dropped to bring it down for the body drop. i havent decided if i want to stock floor the bed or do a traditional body drop on it, but either way there will be a lot of welding and a lot of capping...

fun fun...

gonna go out in the garage tonight and brainstorm since i have to be up real early for work tomorrow and we have guests coming into town tomorrow night and will be here all weekend, so im sure nothing much will get done, but if something happens, i will update this thing!

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn Chris it's starting to look awesome again. I drool at all the progress and workmanship u have put into this mini. I do apologize for not keeping up with it better. Been busy with work and home. You have my number so by all means hit me up sometime. Looking forward to seeing more! Let me know if ya need anything brother

Sent from UrPhone using
Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn Chris it's starting to look awesome again. I drool at all the progress and workmanship u have put into this mini. I do apologize for not keeping up with it better. Been busy with work and home. You have my number so by all means hit me up sometime. Looking forward to seeing more! Let me know if ya need anything brother

Sent from UrPhone using
Tapatalk
Thanks Travis! Life is pretty good. I will be gettin ahold of u for more bolts sometime in the future!

fresh.gen

family ftw. Good job dude, i know f*ck all about this sort of stuff, but if i lived close id help you out if you need it. Mostly id be drooling and watching intently in the corner, but if you needed remedial help id be on it!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man!

Well i got a bit of motivation in the mail last night...

I got the new issue of Minitruckin magazine and theres a picture of my truck in the show coverage from the last show i went to!

Pretty excited about even though its not really that big of a deal lol.

So everyone go out and buy the new issue please!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys!

I wont be happy unless it gets a magazine cover once its done. I dont think thats out of the question as long as it turns out like i have it pictured in my head.

I just need to make another list and start getting s**t done !