turbo vs sc vs nos on a auto?

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cheap ebay/used/junkyard turbo kit vs jackson racing supercharger vs nos

I have a auto y8 with after it got jacked in md i/h/e short ram intake, 4-2-1 header, carsound hi flow cat, tanabe cat back exhaust....

Car is a auto and ive lost a lot of money on it already. SO the car is used mainly to get me to class and back thus all im trying to do is make a more enjoyable ride...by getting a little more power outa the motor when i want it...

I will not do a swap becuase i will need to do a auto -manual swap...i will not do a auto-manual swap...i will not sell this car since its sentimental to me

I need something that will make driving this car more enjoyable...

After I graduate i will get a beater 89 bmw 325is which ima autox...so that will be a weekend beater
and the civic is a daily car that i just want to add "something" to make driving it more enjoyable..
That "something" is one of the three things i listed above.

Don't mention swap, auto-manual convo, selling the car becuase thats def not in the plan for this car...for a car thats manual it will be the beater ill get when i graduate

so which of the 3 do you think guys?
tuning?
How hard install?
reliability since its a daily?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
squeeze until you blow your motor

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nitrous will be the cheapest way but i would never mod an auto civic.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nitrus ok what shots? wet vs dry whats the diff...I live in pittsburgh PA i heard for NOS its hard to find a place to refill and its f**ken expensive.

nissansil

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
come on now auto trannys are a dime a dozen.... and so are nice jackson racing superchargers on ebay. what is your car lacking most??? throttle response right??

DJ_BIG_A

5+ Year Member
:D I am glad im not the only one in this predicament, and yes throttle is a def problem. i also was thinking about nos but what other options are there.

NICE THREAD
:thumbs up

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the only s**t i would do to an auto civic is drop it low with clean rims and tint

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah... plug the exhaust, splurge on a nice CAI just cause it'll sound great, and get a nitrous kit (obviously wet) with a small (25? 35?) shot.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the only s**t i would do to an auto civic is drop it low with clean rims and tint
^^ the only person here with any sense whatsoever

your tranny is the weakest link on your car, because once you start making real power your trans wont hold it. you need a manual swap

just fyi, NOS is a brand, not a power adder.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:word::word::word:
Id probably just add an intake for a bit of noise but thats it.

I would be embarassed to drive an auto with an exhaust unless its an American car. I know you dont want to swap but your tranny is REALLY holding you back.

Just keep this car as a DD and dont modify it more then you already have. Aim for higher MPG's, and when the weekend comes, beat the s**t out of the BMW.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word::word::word:
Id probably just add an intake for a bit of noise but thats it.

I would be embarassed to drive an auto with an exhaust unless its an American car. I know you dont want to swap but your tranny is REALLY holding you back.

Just keep this car as a DD and dont modify it more then you already have. Aim for higher MPG's, and when the weekend comes, beat the s**t out of the BMW.
haha i have full exhaust lol...4-2-1 header, carsound hi flow cat with 02 sensor bung to make it legal.tanabe cat back

lol it dont sound too bad people often think the car sounds like a manual...lol...but i doubt doing any of those things in addition with the short ram i have gave me any sugnificant increase in hp...just sound mainly lol

what about a more aggressive cam would that help at all?

i guess i just want it to get off the line better for an automatic thus making it a slightly more fun car to drive

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
up the compression + cams, cams alone probably won't do too much for you. talkin some serious work now for the sake of 10bhp

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the easy way is going with a dry shot. i know some people who have ran a dry shot with no tune and stock injectors.

but the right thing to to is getting a wet with hondata, and maby injectors depending on how much you want to spray.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
up the compression + cams, cams alone probably won't do too much for you. talkin some serious work now for the sake of 10bhp
:werd:

an aggressive cam is just going to make daily driving shittier b/c of the power band shift and you wont gain much in the peak power area without bumping up the compression

m1tanker

COMBAT VETERAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah man having the auto sucks bro.....i drive mine everyday until i get the rest of my parts for the manual conversion. i got the I/H/E with a stage2 crower cam on a z6/y7 mini-me......yeah there's a difference but not a really big one