Turbooooooooooooo

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The eX-D said:
you get the new turbo yet?
no its taking forever, i gotta call and hassle them tommorow about it

the manifold is still perfect, its even discoloring at a slow speed so its kinda shiny still ;)

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just found out that i do have the funds (thanks to mommy and daddy for the load) to get nepTUNE standalone tunings software...NO MORE AFC HACK!!!

I talked to the guy that will be tuning it and he said i will EASILY break 200whp with this program and my OEM startup ease along with fuel economy wont suffer like it did with the AFC

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats good to hear man.... You are just getting luckier and luckier.... Damn you.... :lol: :twisted: ;)

wdwalker

only blown the intake air
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have u given uber a look? prob. works as well as neptune, and it wont blow your budget. tell them u need funds for neptune, and get uberdata lol. then go splurge that wad of cash at a strip joint :D

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1st gen forged supra pistons + b16 rods + sleeved block + thick headgasket + ARP headstuds are among the things to come ;)

not for awile tho

and i dunno about uber but with OBD1 conversion (ecu and conversion harness) and fully tuned the nepTUNE is going to cost me around 800 dollars ;)

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn, must be nice to be rich and buy all this stuff. nice house.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uberdata cost me $15 of parts + a $30 rom burner. software is free, and it is user-programmed. all u need after that is an obd1 conversion harness. it works just as well as neptune, and costs quite a bit less.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
www.ecimulti.org/uberdata
i know i was the same way when i found out... i was like :shock:
best place to get the parts is from www.moates.net, they have a complete kit. they also have a rom burner for $80, but my willem is doin fine for me for only $35.

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i do it im gonna call up the guy and ask him if he tunes it, cuz neptune is 100 dollars only but then its 275 for the ECU and conversion harness and 400 for tuning

Stylinhonda

VTEC BABY
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try and find a local guy around town. Most of our local guys tune for about 30-50 an hour and it bests the hell out of shop cost.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the guy whose doing my setup is charging $65 an hour, thats for dyno runs and tuning. you'll only need about 2 hours of tuning if he knows what he's doing. and uberdata is simple to tune, if he understands the relationship between map values and rpm then he should have no problem tuning it.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Who is tuning your car that has Neptune? Know his name by any chance?

And Uberdata is different from Hondata. Theres a lot of bugs in Uberdata that are easily corrected with Hondata. I don't know how accurate of a tune you want, but even if it costs me some extra money, I want whats best for my car. And if theres a spike somewhere along in my a/f than its worth a few bucks to fix it.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I always heard that Hondata was better.... more reliable.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The eX-D said:

And Uberdata is different from Hondata. Theres a lot of bugs in Uberdata that are easily corrected with Hondata. I don't know how accurate of a tune you want, but even if it costs me some extra money, I want whats best for my car. And if theres a spike somewhere along in my a/f than its worth a few bucks to fix it.
i would say $750 is more than "a few bucks" in my book. and uberdata is very reliable, just ask anybody over at homemadeturbo.com or turbod16.com u just have to be more mechanically-inclined to be able to use it to it's full potential. from what i understand, it uses the same tuning points as hondata, 50rpm intervals x .5 map intervals. and most of the bugs have been worked out, but any software program is gonna have bugs. deal. i haven't heard of anybody blowing an engine or doing any harm to their hardware while using it.

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The eX-D said:

Jeff Evans (www.evans-tuning.com) he is in Easton, PA