Turbooooooooooooo

Stylinhonda

VTEC BABY
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
loccusst said:
I always heard that Hondata was better.... more reliable.
Uberdata is made off of Hondata. Pretty much the same thing. Just one is hundreds cheaper like wdwalker says. Deffinetly go on turbod16.com and check out your options.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not so uberdata

Blowncivic1320 said:
Jeff Evans (www.evans-tuning.com) he is in Easton, PA
Thanks...I was curious because the creator of Neptune is only giving out the software to a select few people.

And I'll still hold my ground as Hondata being better than Uberdata. Theres things you can do with it that just arent available with uberdata.

wdwalker

only blown the intake air
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The eX-D said:
And I'll still hold my ground as Hondata being better than Uberdata. Theres things you can do with it that just arent available with uberdata.
like what?

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for starters it doesnt have n2o control, takes much more time to tune, and the datalogging isnt as smart...and if you compare it to something new like cromepro, it just cant compete.

This quote is taken from Vern at RaVer MS, a good friend of mine and shop owner who tunes my car...(about Cromepro, not uber.)

"registered with John Cui tonight to unlock the trick options available with CromePro/Tuner. i can say at first glance it looks to blow UD away...shockingly professional-grade software. we will finish tuning an N/A Crvtec (stock b20b shortblock+b16 head+gsr cams) tomorrow to test out the paid-for features. the car felt great today just using the very limited free-ware tuning program. once/if we get CromeTuner the price on tuning will be lower than Uber/hondata for sure (we pay the licence up front so no added $20/tune for UD...and it is much faster for us to use than UD). the auto-tune feature is the most intuitive and flexible of its type i've seen in Honda-specific tuning software. last, the datalogging is very smart...and THAT is what allows tuning software to help the tuner get the hp/driveability.

compared to hondata:

Crome doesn't support N2O...hmmmm, John just needs some encouragement
Crome has no iab control...though i think we can hack that feature in through the
back door of the bin file fairly easily.
full throttle launch/shift as well as boost cut are free options on Crome...yet to try or test those features myself.
Crome does not require any hardware to enable it...no blue box or mini pcb.
Crome allows knock 'logging ON THE MAP so the tuner knows exactly where the
problem occured column/row-wise.
Crome boost is free and supports a bunch of map sensors

anyway, awesome new tool"

^^Thats why I asked Blowncivic about the person that was tuning his car. Does he have the Pro version, or is it the freebee test stuff?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah pay for some real quality chips! and go UBER. then pay for a tuner to tune your car. the whole you get what you pay for does NOT apply to uber. you get pretty much the same thing that you would get with hondata. hondata does give you more options but if thats worth spending $700 with the boost option compared to $15. then be my guest

Stylinhonda

VTEC BABY
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you really wana get what you pay for, get Uberdata and spend the rest on days of tuning.

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The eX-D said:
^^Thats why I asked Blowncivic about the person that was tuning his car. Does he have the Pro version, or is it the freebee test stuff?
He has the full out PRO version, im pretty sure that he was one of the first people to get it as well...i've heard this guy is a GENIOUS and from the conversations i've had with him on the phone I can fully see it ;)

Im excited to go, im just waiting on my rebuilt turbo because im sure this one is damaged.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats good...tuning is the backbone of a car.

And what the hell is everyone talking about 700 for Hondata?! Where the hell are you getting it at cus your getting ripped off....I can get a S200 unit w/ datalogging and boost for 415...

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k talkin tuning too my setups running me about $250. almost $50 for parts, then $180 for 3 hours of dyno wideband tuning.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wdwalker said:
k talkin tuning too my setups running me about $250. almost $50 for parts, then $180 for 3 hours of dyno wideband tuning.
who tunes your car? Do you? you tune it on the dyno right off the bat? no street tune? :slap: your crazy man...

he doesnt have a wideband o2...i dont think...and dyno time isnt necessary anyway, unless you wanna...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
are we still talkin about uber vs hondata?

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The eX-D said:
who tunes your car? Do you? you tune it on the dyno right off the bat? no street tune? :slap: your crazy man...

he doesnt have a wideband o2...i dont think...and dyno time isnt necessary anyway, unless you wanna...
i street tune it with an a/f guage, then take it down to nick patterson of a-z performance, who tunes it on the shop's dyno jet.