Using OEM parts doesn't always have to be bad *56k okay*

br0nx finest

I'm from the Bronx baby.
5+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i cant imagine SIR headlights would create any real issue with tickets..

in most states even lowering your car is against some law...
:word: I guess NOFX is one of those by the bookers.

I just keep my car under the radar...manage to stay "visually legal" yet modified lol. I have SiR headlights, and I'm dropped 2.8" and I have no front plate...never harassed. :shock:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
br0nx finest said:
I just keep my car under the radar...manage to stay "visually legal" yet modified lol. I have SiR headlights, and I'm dropped 2.8" and I have no front plate...never harassed. :shock:
lol try doing the same thing in cali.

br0nx finest

I'm from the Bronx baby.
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
lol try doing the same thing in cali.
Thats the s**t..different states different laws/enforcement.

In cali it must not be too much of an issue as many people are dumped and riding without front plates. Look at all those honda-tech boys.

PEARLelectron

Banned
br0nx finest said:
Thats the s**t..different states different laws/enforcement.

In cali it must not be too much of an issue as many people are dumped and riding without front plates. Look at all those honda-tech boys.
Just live here in michigan.... you can do anything to your car and the cops don't give a s**t.. ANYTHING

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cant believe so many people are trippin' about an OEM emblem....

i'm actually liking the emblem back in the grill...... something you barely see anymore. cuz everyone's grills look the same. I like the newer look to be honest. dunno why, but it seems to fit the more 'simple' look, which i do like.

I guess its ur call bro. You liked it before, I don't think you should let other's opinions allow you to rip the 'H' back out....... just my opinion.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
br0nx finest said:
Aim your SiR's properly and they'd be fine.
Not if theyr'e for a LHD vehicle.
br0nx finest said:

So what if I am? So I want to keep MY car legal. What's wrong with that?

Again one more time.... I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF SIR HEADLIGHTS ON MY CAR.

So why would I want them? All I'd do is get them, and keep them forever because I'd think they were neat to have. I probably wouldn't put them on my car though unless something happened to my stock lights. And even then, I'd miss the brand new stock headlights I have now.

Oh yeah, that's another thing... I have no front plate. That's illegal in WA. Have I ever been harassed? No. Would I be harassed for not having front reflectors? Probably not. Do I care? Not really. Why? Because I don't want SiR headlights anyway.

PS - You should put pink halo projectors on your car. It would look awesome and regardless of what you think I'm going to keep telling you how you should get them no matter how much you don't want them. (Doesn't make sense, does it?)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:

So why would I want them? All I'd do is get them, and keep them forever because I'd think they were neat to have. I probably wouldn't put them on my car though unless something happened to my stock lights. And even then, I'd miss the brand new stock headlights I have now.

Oh yeah, that's another thing... I have no front plate. That's illegal in WA. Have I ever been harassed? No. Would I be harassed for not having front reflectors? Probably not. Do I care? Not really. Why? Because I don't want SiR headlights anyway.

PS - You should put pink halo projectors on your car. It would look awesome and regardless of what you think I'm going to keep telling you how you should get them no matter how much you don't want them. (Doesn't make sense, does it?)
chill the hell out.. i dont think that he said anything negative about you... you like usdm headlights.. we get it..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
br0nx finest said:

at first i thought you called her a hooker... i was like wtf.. lol

PEARLelectron

Banned
NOFX said:

meh your a girl.... you can get out of 'cop" situations

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
chill the hell out.. i dont think that he said anything negative about you... you like usdm headlights.. we get it..
I know that, but I just kept saying I don't want them. ;)
PEARLelectron said:
meh your a girl.... you can get out of 'cop" situations
Not all the time though. Some of them are just hard asses anyway, so no one's getting out of anything.

PEARLelectron

Banned
NOFX said:
I know that, but I just kept saying I don't want them. ;)

Not all the time though. Some of them are just hard asses anyway, so no one's getting out of anything.
LOL "not alllllllllll the time" just 99% of the time.. jeeze

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PEARLelectron said:
LOL "not alllllllllll the time" just 99% of the time.. jeeze
That's not what my record says... I don't try to flirt my way out of tickets (I did act like I was lost once and got off with no MD ticket). Most of the time when I get pulled over, I get the ticket they pulled me over for (haven't been pulled over in more than two years though).

br0nx finest

I'm from the Bronx baby.
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:

Wow, your quite the author. I didn't see you had such a left wing opinion of the SiRs..it just seemed like you were being obsessive compulsive over the fact that they were not DOT spec legal (read your previous posts about them). If you don't like them, you don't like them, enjoy your amber ass goldfish headlights.

But me personally, unless it puts other motorists in danger, I'll put any mods that I like even if its not DOT spec legal...I just don't care. Unless its something that will make cops harass me or something. SiR headlights, no front plate, beyond reasonable lowering, HIDs, whatever. I don't get harassed, I just had a little rash of bad luck and stupidity on my part (72 in 40, no seat belt) but otherwise I have a clean record.

oc_civic said:
Werd, everything is an argument with this chick. Look at the two previous quarrels in this thread. I mean seriously, you know it all..but it doesn't have to be an arguement all the time.

oc_civic said:
at first i thought you called her a hooker... i was like wtf.. lol
Heh, nah I'm not that much of an a*****e. :cool:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't see why people have to keep telling me, how great the SiR headlights are (in responce to my posts) when I said I don't want them on my car. Regardless of if theyr'e legal or not, I just don't want them on my car.

PS - You might all be thrilled to know I'm getting a set of free SiR headlights soon.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol.. I love this thread. I had no idea that it would be SO debated.

br0nx finest

I'm from the Bronx baby.
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I don't see why people have to keep telling me, how great the SiR headlights are (in responce to my posts) when I said I don't want them on my car. Regardless of if theyr'e legal or not, I just don't want them on my car.

PS - You might all be thrilled to know I'm getting a set of free SiR headlights soon.
Who's telling you how great they are? No one.

If you don't want them on your car...here's an e-cookie.

And since you dislike them on your car so much, how about you burn the SiR headlights that you get for free.

:evil:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
br0nx finest said:
Who's telling you how great they are? No one.

If you don't want them on your car...here's an e-cookie.

And since you dislike them on your car so much, how about you burn the SiR headlights that you get for free.

:evil:
No, I won't burn a decent part that someone would probably like. I might burn the inner altezzas that came with my extra trunk... but they're such low quality and I only have the inners, so no reason to put them up for sale or anything. I don't even think I could sell those.

I'm giving the SiRs away though to a friend though.