I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
Im conteplating starting somthing new and getting a fresh pair of oem usdm
I have a set on right now. If you find a place that sells real OEM headlights for cheap (but they're clean), can you let me know? I have some friends who would like some sets, but I'm having trouble finding decent OEM ones for under $100. I could always try to hook them up with peopel willing to ship to them... but I'm afraid that some might try to profit off of USDM headlights being rare (oh noes!) where my friends live. I don't want to rip them off. I just want to find them some decent headlights without being all frosted and yellow.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i plan on getting new headlights soon also. i did the DIY gunmetal housing and they look alright, but like you guys said, it's all about the lens. i don't know if i want CTR, OEM USDM, or even new black/gunmetal housing to go with my cf hood. i'll look around and see tho.

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I I just want to find them some decent headlights without being all frosted and yellow.

Autozone/Advanced AutoParts sells a product called Plast-X. Pretty sure its made by McGuiers if I remember correctly.

It works wonders.

I used it on a set of old headlights, then put a nice coat of wax on it when I waxed my car, and everyone was asking me when I got new headlights.;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
95gainfla said:
Autozone/Advanced AutoParts sells a product called Plast-X. Pretty sure its made by McGuiers if I remember correctly.

It works wonders.

I used it on a set of old headlights, then put a nice coat of wax on it when I waxed my car, and everyone was asking me when I got new headlights.;)
I know about Meguiar's Plast-X (I detail). I don't want to give him headlights that have been modified in any way, which for 6th gens, the plastic film on top of the plastic headlight actually oxidizes away and begins to crack, flake and yellow. Generally speaking, in order to clean those type of headlights up enough, you would need more than just a hand rubbing compound or plastic/metal polish. Sanding is required. I dont' want to sand headligths to make them look decent for my friend. To him, it's like if you bought Type R headlights and had to sand them to make them decent to even put on your car.

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I know about Meguiar's Plast-X (I detail). I don't want to give him headlights that have been modified in any way, which for 6th gens, the plastic film on top of the plastic headlight actually oxidizes away and begins to crack, flake and yellow. Generally speaking, in order to clean those type of headlights up enough, you would need more than just a hand rubbing compound or plastic/metal polish. Sanding is required. I dont' want to sand headligths to make them look decent for my friend. To him, it's like if you bought Type R headlights and had to sand them to make them decent to even put on your car.

And he doesnt want to spend more than 100$? goodluck with that one.:roll:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
95gainfla said:
And he doesnt want to spend more than 100$? goodluck with that one.:roll:
They're being shipped to Europe... So it's going to probably add on like another $50+ to get them there. :???:

I think that's understandable. I don't want to make him pay top dollar for them. I'm not looking for new, I'm looking for used headlights in good condition. I see no problem wanting to not spend $100 (plus shipping) on USED USDM headlights.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok the reason i said take off the H is because u have a si grill or one that looks liek a si grill..basically no tthe grills from honda that come with the place for the H emblem..thats all..

but car looks great..

i see the points made about how the headlights r looking nice because of the new housing but LOL i have used ctr's..and when my car is next top say another 96 with oem headlights (even if they were brand spaning new) i would much rather prefer mines...
but then the ctr's i have are actually pretty different from the stanley made ctr's..which r also very nice btw and i jus got the valeos by chance lol so i want a set of stanleys some day too...

i can understand how a set of clean oem headlights would look nice..but i woudl jus prefer a set of ctr's over them anyday..i'm not surprised at people trying to put down ctr's tho :lol: :what:

i'll tell u this from my experience..NYCFOX never gave a shyt about ctr's kind of like how danny doesn't right now :lol: but anyways..the day he layed his eyes on a set of ctr's :rolf: lets jus say he paid top dollar to have a set...pm him and ask him if he would ever go back :laugh:

PEARLelectron

Banned
NOFX said:
They're being shipped to Europe... So it's going to probably add on like another $50+ to get them there. :???:

I think that's understandable. I don't want to make him pay top dollar for them. I'm not looking for new, I'm looking for used headlights in good condition. I see no problem wanting to not spend $100 (plus shipping) on USED USDM headlights.
why doesnt he just buy a set of sir headlights from over there. I"m sure he could get them for a pretty good price

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
ok the reason i said take off the H is because u have a si grill or one that looks liek a si grill..basically no tthe grills from honda that come with the place for the H emblem..thats all..

but car looks great..

i see the points made about how the headlights r looking nice because of the new housing but LOL i have used ctr's..and when my car is next top say another 96 with oem headlights (even if they were brand spaning new) i would much rather prefer mines...
but then the ctr's i have are actually pretty different from the stanley made ctr's..which r also very nice btw and i jus got the valeos by chance lol so i want a set of stanleys some day too...

i can understand how a set of clean oem headlights would look nice..but i woudl jus prefer a set of ctr's over them anyday..i'm not surprised at people trying to put down ctr's tho :lol: :what:

i'll tell u this from my experience..NYCFOX never gave a shyt about ctr's kind of like how danny doesn't right now :lol: but anyways..the day he layed his eyes on a set of ctr's :rolf: lets jus say he paid top dollar to have a set...pm him and ask him if he would ever go back :laugh:
i totally agree... sure they are new because they are nice.. but they are IMO nicer than usdm ones.. just looks wise.. i mean its just an opinion.. but if i were offered at the same price brand new usdm housings or jdm housings.. i think it would be an easy choice..

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think thats why i was a lil bit torn between my oem headlights and my projectors...the projectors lense is as clear as day...whereas my stock ones are a lil bit yellow on top and...just old..I think if i had clear lenses...it'd be a different story.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PEARLelectron said:
why doesnt he just buy a set of sir headlights from over there. I"m sure he could get them for a pretty good price
Because that's what's on his car already. They all have that. It's just like people here wanting SiR or Type R headlights here. he wants something different. Everyone there had SiR headlights (seriously, that's the style all '96-'98 Civics in Europe had).

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the more i look at the pictures....the more i like the overseas-style headlights....

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Because that's what's on his car already. They all have that. It's just like people here wanting SiR or Type R headlights here. he wants something different. Everyone there had SiR headlights (seriously, that's the style all '96-'98 Civics in Europe had).

trade him some goldfish bowls (usdm)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
trade him some goldfish bowls (usdm)
I already explained, I want to keep my legal headlights. SiR headlights here are not legal and I like my car actually being fully legal. I also like the look of my headligths, and it would end up costing me about $100 or so to replace them.

So I would get SiR headlights for shipping, and he would get USDM headlights for shipping. I don't know the condition of his headlights, but I think it's good. But then I'd still want USDM headlights, so I'd still have to buy another set. The SiRs would probably rarely be on the car.

br0nx finest

I'm from the Bronx baby.
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I already explained, I want to keep my legal headlights. SiR headlights here are not legal and I like my car actually being fully legal. I also like the look of my headligths, and it would end up costing me about $100 or so to replace them.

So I would get SiR headlights for shipping, and he would get USDM headlights for shipping. I don't know the condition of his headlights, but I think it's good. But then I'd still want USDM headlights, so I'd still have to buy another set. The SiRs would probably rarely be on the car.
Aim your SiR's properly and they'd be fine.

Who worries about being 100% legal? More often than not the police find some random penal code that you've broken anyway. Thats gotta be the funniest thing I've heard all day.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
br0nx finest said:
Aim your SiR's properly and they'd be fine.

Who worries about being 100% legal? More often than not the police find some random penal code that you've broken anyway. Thats gotta be the funniest thing I've heard all day.
Aiming SiR headlights won't change that they don't have legal front reflectors...

And my car hasn't ever been bothered. I like the fact that if mine goes to inspection or gets pulled over, there is nothign on it that is illegal. Nothing.

It doesn't matter what random thing they could bring up, my car IS legal. Entirely. Nearly all my parts are made by USDM Honda, so that sure does help a lot.

Edit: Upon checking, my rear tint is illegal. When it was put on the car though, it was legal because I was living in another state. Probability that I would actually get a ticket for it though is low. WA cops might be assholes too, but they're not as bad as some other places' cops.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Aiming SiR headlights won't change that they don't have legal front reflectors...

And my car hasn't ever been bothered. I like the fact that if mine goes to inspection or gets pulled over, there is nothign on it that is illegal. Nothing.

It doesn't matter what random thing they could bring up, my car IS legal. Entirely. Nearly all my parts are made by USDM Honda, so that sure does help a lot.

Edit: Upon checking, my rear tint is illegal. When it was put on the car though, it was legal because I was living in another state. Probability that I would actually get a ticket for it though is low. WA cops might be assholes too, but they're not as bad as some other places' cops.
i cant imagine SIR headlights would create any real issue with tickets..

in most states even lowering your car is against some law...

Last edited:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i cant imagine SIR headlights would create any real issue with tickets..

in most states even lowering your car is against some law...
My ride height is legal here.

The SiR headlights might not cause any problems, but I'd rather not have to even think about it. Besides, as I said before, I *like* my USDM headlights. The amber goes good with my red paint. SiR headlights look kind of naked in my opinion.