vacuum gauge install

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finaly got my car back after some lengthy engine repairs (caused by a pretend mechanic) and the garage that he worked for took the car back for the repairs and fully rebuilt the engine for me, inc lots of new internals parts =)

While it was away I aquired a few new bits n bobs which I want to be fitting myself. On of these is a HKS Vacuum Gauge. Before you start flaming it... it was FREE, salvaged from my brother-in-laws crashed DC5 (not his fault, some crazy stupid b***h in a 4x4 thought she owned the road and drove sideways into the rear 1/4 just like the cops do to criminals on the run. spun round and round and round before meeting a concrete ramp and took off. He is fine apart from whiplash, but the car was totaled :( )

All I need to know is which hose is best to connect it to (and don't say a vacuum hose ;) ) I haven't done anything like this before so I really appreciate any help or advice you can give.

Many thanks

Tim

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need a clean vac source close to the manifold. If you have a spare port on the manifold do that, if not T a line close to the manifold

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i DONT suggest T'ing off of the fuel pressure regulator vac line. IT MIGHT work, but i dont know if its kosher to T that line. Has anyone that reads this ever done a swap and maybe T'd off of that FPR line? for cruise control? or maybe a vac guage?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could always T off a manifold vac line. seems like that's where a more acurate (and important) reading would be.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
non est hic said:
i DONT suggest T'ing off of the fuel pressure regulator vac line. IT MIGHT work, but i dont know if its kosher to T that line. Has anyone that reads this ever done a swap and maybe T'd off of that FPR line? for cruise control? or maybe a vac guage?
FPR is not the best spot, but it is beeter than coming off the MAP sensor. well that is if you can T off your map sensor.....is that only 4th gens that it isnt mounted to the TB?

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the help.

I T'd off the one coming out the back of the im on the bottom right (when looking from front). That was going to the evap purge thingy.

Thanks!