Valve stem help.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have one valve stem that doesn't quite match the rest. Even worse it looks like it could cause scratches when adding air.

Just looking for some ideas on the best way to give the new straight valve stem I have a slight bend. Without pinching it or breaking all together.

This is the good one.

The bad...

The only tool I've come across was made in the 50's. The valve stem I have is just a little too short for the brake line bender I have. Unless someone can point me in the direction of a company that makes custom valve stems. Can't seem to find Carving's website either. Plus the wheel has a 6mm hole which makes it more of a pain. Really want to get these on my car by April 22.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
why not just replace the valve stem? should cost like $35 bucks max at a local tire shop.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've tried, they don't sell stems with that bend. Rubber stems will probably sit against the wheel too, plus they're ugly.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The guy I go to for tire mounting / balancing has extended valve stems and has used them on my steelies before (with the hub cap on, the longer ones make it easier to access it). They're rubber but they are longer. I think metal shelled ones look better as well but I don't know if I've ever seen them...

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
they also have the metal covers that slip over the valve stem. you may have to make that sacrifice of looks rather than compromise the structural integrity of the metal valve stem

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I found two other stems.

Little stumpy stem which could work

I really wish number 4 had the bend at the base. Looks like it might not be 6mm either.