VOTE: Who wants Lounge posts to count....

Should Lounge posts be counted?

• Yes

Votes: 64 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

booze_b

At work CC user
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Grim Sleeper said:
& this is why we need to rid of post count all together
:werd: and wouldn't it make sence that when it comes to classified threads and s**t the better, more trustworthy sellers/buyers would be those that bs with other members and have a rep rather than those that nobody knows.

[edit] ur lounge post count would reflect that[/edit]

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
imho ---- the lounge is being "liberated" so to say. it's the lounge. it's off-topic. yep. whore it. whore the hell out of the lounge. just don't whore tech.

basically, the site has lost its focus and we need to get back to what clubcivic was started for: car talk. honda civic talk. this is why the forum order was modified. this is why lounge posts are not considered for the post count. i had over 29k posts and my s**t dropped down to a little under 10k (it was near 9,999)... so yes, i'm a loungewhore. so is just about everyone here.

just think about this in a different light.... you are getting a nearly 'free reign' lounge. the tradeoff is that posts there don't count. so what exactly does this new post count number represent? well, how about a semi-accurate measure of a member's involvement in what this forum is really here for.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anf, You dont feel that doing this will cause more whoring in the other 'countable' threads AS WELL AS the lounge? If you guys couldnt control what was going on in the lounge, what makes you think that its not going to be just as bad in the other threads? I just think you effectively moved the whoring to the threads you are specifically trying to clean up!!!!

And thinking about it a little more, no s**t the lounge posts have went down and the other threads went up, B/C they are posting/whoring in s**t WHERE IT COUNTS!!!! (this is for Shiz)

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's a forum, not nazi germany. Yes. they should be counted.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
nazi germany wtf? this is nowhere close to that, trust me....

joe: i agree with your points and definately see where u're comin from. however, this is not the administration's fault but rather the fault of egotistical members who are irresponsable and inconsiderate...

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
joe: i agree with your points and definately see where u're comin from. however, this is not the administration's fault but rather the fault of egotistical members who are irresponsable and inconsiderate...
I wasnt placing blame on anyone in particular. We all know where it came from, but thats not the point.

So in order to kill the egos of the members and their lack of responsibility,was to move the whoring to the threads we WANT to keep clear (as that is what is essentially happeing)? Shouldnt it be the responsibility of the the respective moderators to eliminate the whoring in the tech threads? If you have a place to 'dump' the waste (Lounge) and let it happen (post counts there) wouldnt you think that would resolve the problem more effectively and still retain the integrity of the tech threads, at least more so than this idea?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
tech section mods should be on top of that. it's their job to keep the tech areas clean

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man . . i can't even keep up with all the s**t htat has been said in this thread.... :what: last time i posted was page 25.. now it's almost page 40 :smackself:

moving on . . . .

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
tech section mods should be on top of that. it's their job to keep the tech areas clean
Shouldnt it be the job of ALL mods to keep their respective areas/threads clean?? Would we even HAVE this 'problem' u say we have if that was done properly??? :what:

All that was accomplished was robbing peter to pay paul. but in this case, peter never gets paid back. It will move the whore posts/threads to the tech section, and obviously it has pissed of the majority of memebers.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i don't understand the whole peter and paul analogy... but i'm guessing because it's a religious thing.

and yes, well... things didn't go well when we had lounge mods. ppl got pissed. here's the thing, i've been noticing for quite a while now that ... well... it seems ppl on clubcivic enjoy getting pissed off. oh, and they are never mature enough to accept fault

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a religous analogy..... its just what it says really. You are taking 'money' from one XXXXX to pay off another.....(thus getting nowhere is the bottom line)

I think having more lounge mods and still keeping posts would be a better resolution. You wont get the whoring spillover in tech threads from not being 'counted' in the lounge, AND the lounge will be cleaned up in a more timely fashion (theory).

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
making 500 tech posts is not hard. just go to every tech forum and answer some questions.. hell, some of them might even warrant follow up posts!

i do agree with ur points to a certain degree though.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Getting to the magical number isnt the issue........at all. we know how to do it, and we now know whoring will increase in the threads you dont want it to. which is the opposite of what you expected to happen.

I understand what you people are trying to accomplish and I agree with the ends just not the means to get there.. What Ive been saying all along is, its not the right way, the best way, or whatever to do it (IM NOT so HO). I have suggested a way to achieve the goals of the site without pissing off the majority of its members. Some of you blue people say it wasnt discussed (see posts in the begining) other say they were included (later in the thread). this hurts your (mods) credibility b/c of the fact that the left hand doesnt appear to know what the right is doing. So how can the members believe you are doing the right thing when not everybody thats supposedly making the decision knows what really happened?????????

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
okay obviously that was directed towards me since i said it. youve been here a whole 1 day so what do you know about how i do my job? if you wanted to know, im not an smod. i only mod 6th gen member rides, socal, and forced induction. please tell me how im doing a terrible job being a mod?
secondly reading owns you. thats people online, as in at that specific time. not total.
My problem isn't how many members we have. My problem is I'll come home from work and have so many new posts to go over and read. For example, this thread (one I definately shoudl be at least attempting to pay attention to) was on page 26 the last time I checked this thread last night around 11PM. So I have descussion threads to review on top of all the bullshit where people might be flaming or being off topic. And please don't call out abtu how we get reported posts. VERY few people report posts ever. If you report a post today then congrats to you, you're probably the only person who did.

Oh, and MySiIzFaster, you're not on any watch list. Funny how some members seem to think they're bigger and badder than they really are (not that I'm saying you think that though). I've had members question me before, "what do they say about me in the mod section?" Generally, it's nothing. Few members are ever individually mentioned in the mod forum.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
man . . i can't even keep up with all the s**t htat has been said in this thread.... :what: last time i posted was page 25.. now it's almost page 40 :smackself:

moving on . . . .
:werd: That's my problem with this thread. There's so much posted here and so much that comes across as fighting back and forth that I can't keep track of it all. I'm going to go get ready for work.

Oh, and for the record I don't think I ever happened to see much mention of removing post count from the lounge again this time. I've not had the time *recently* with moving, starting a new job, trying to continue detailing since I'm broke, socializing with new roommates and other people, and putting up with my bitchy mom. I'm not 100% sold on the idea of removing post count from sections or anywhere. I voted no earlier but then thought it over more and wondered why I voted no in the first place. Damn stupid ADD. I guess t's more that I just don't agree with the attention that post counts get. I never remember mine and rarely notice anyone elses' besides Anf's since his is usually five digits. The only time I might notice a post count is if somenoe's making trouble or if they point out post counts.

Last edited:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok.. im not sure why there is still THIS much discusion... things change.. sometimes for the better sometimes not... being "staff" is not some power tripping elitest thing.. "oh im a mod now look out" or at least it shouldnt be.. and that WILL be taken care of.. butit will take time.. what it SHOULD be it "ok i have now an inside chance to help the site... im really sorry some of you are bent that they dont count.. sorry enough that im trying to address your concerns? WHY does it suck ... one of the only full real answers i got was the whole VIP thing.. so we are addressing that... tell me the other reasons its a problem and i will also try to address them.. it wont change at this point... so let me know the other problems and we will try to work them out... arguing for 50 pages does nothing.. giving me specific information on your problem with it (ex: now ogs cant get in VIP) and i will TRY to fix it.. thats all i can promise... as far as i can tell ive said it 100 times.. say whatever yoiu want (express your opinion) you wont be banned that would be BULLSHIT... just dont be disrespectful.... if you really think that im a shitty mod.. PM me.. we will talk about it.. or even PM jay jay... i can only try to make things better if you say something.. the post count thing wont change (at least for a while) again im sorry some of you are really bent about that..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its funny to me.. 35 pages on a poll that WONT count.. but yet i OPENLY ASK FOR INPUT.. to make a poll that WILL count.. to fix one of these serious problems with the lounge posts not counting.. and i get a mind blowing 4 pages... come on.. get involved on things that WILL change? easier to jump on the band wagon and complain? not easy to come up with solutions we WILL work with.. (that is NOT directed at anyone in particular.. just saying)

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=57080

wtf...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster for SMOD (and the ONLY MOD on the site) sense you seem to think how everything should be run. seriously bro. . .your in ur late 20s or early 30s... u know what your arguing or saying how things hsould be on here?!!?!? c'mon bro, i REALLY don't understand whats the big deal to you. you've been sayin the SAME s**t about "how a mod should be" for the last 6 months

FANATTIC8228

Banned
I said it before and I will say it again, voicing our opinions will not matter, what the members of this site want orlike is not taken into consideration. The only way things are gonna change is if those that are unhappy with the decision just stop coming on here for a while. Boycott the site if you are truly that unhappy with it. The last thing the admin wants is a dead site, some of them ods might like that idea, since it would give them nothing to do, but in the long run, the only way anyone is gonna change anything is by not coming on here anymore. This isn't the only Civic site on the internet, and I know for a fact that this is no where near the best Civic or Honda site on the net. There are plenty of other sites out there which are run in a smarter and better manner.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blazed for supermodness...because i keeps it blunted...:thumbs up

Status
Not open for further replies.