VOTE: Who wants Lounge posts to count....

Should Lounge posts be counted?

• Yes

Votes: 64 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i should be a prime example of WHY they SHOULD count, which is why i voted YES. I dont search through this forum looking for things to post on. i go to the home page, see what the top 10 topics are and post on those. generally its nothing but tech stuff that i will post, unless im talking to a friend or something.

and for some f**ked up reason, my post count continues to drop day by day. ive had over 3500 posts... where are they now? whats the point in running a forum if there is no post count... its f**ked up. look @ honda-tech. it doesnt matter WHAT you post, its always counted..... until these mods here get straightned out with their power trips, and stupid lame ass rules. ill be here just to browse.

i wish CC was like it was 3 years ago.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for those that want to blame this on the Smods and their "power trips"....it was JayJay's idea...HE doesnt like the way the site is currentyl, so HE is trying to change it

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
for those that want to blame this on the Smods and their "power trips"....it was JayJay's idea...HE doesnt like the way the site is currentyl, so HE is trying to change it
actually i'll put this in teh open then, it was actually my idea for the lounge post not to count, why well to get this site going towards automotive tech like it should be and not who can whore to the highest post count.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
not sure if you were refering to what i just said, but just so it doesnt create a problem with me, and others. the post count thing has nothing to do with the mods power trips. i didnt mean to make it sound that way. but some of these mods here are crazy outta control

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get rid of p/c all together my e-penis is as big as it can get i dont need a post count anymore

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
actually i'll put this in teh open then, it was actually my idea for the lounge post not to count, why well to get this site going towards automotive tech like it should be and not who can whore to the highest post count.
that still gets us nowhere. people will still whore. you cant controll all of the members on this site, no matter how many mods there are. and as hard as you try. this site will NEVER be strictly tech. so i would just leave it be. there should be some kind of achiving system on this site, that puts threads away after 30 days of laying dormant. and the only way they can be found is thru search.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
J.H. Holiday said:
I saw one guy getting banned for voicing his opinion.
That was probably me you saw getting banned voicing my opinion. Ive been deticated to this forum since the day I joined back in 2003 trying to help people with their problems, helping out with tech info, getting to know everyone, trying to help with problems on the site. But this is the thanks I get over some bullshit.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
slambed_civic said:
that still gets us nowhere. people will still whore. you cant controll all of the members on this site, no matter how many mods there are. and as hard as you try. this site will NEVER be strictly tech. so i would just leave it be. there should be some kind of achiving system on this site, that puts threads away after 30 days of laying dormant. and the only way they can be found is thru search.
we can control it, and yes there is a archive system which 99% of the members no of, i think you just feel into the 1% that didn't know about it, lol, but it's ok.

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Grim Sleeper said:
That was probably me you saw getting banned voicing my opinion. Ive been deticated to this forum since the day I joined back in 2003 trying to help people with their problems, helping out with tech info, getting to know everyone, trying to help with problems on the site. But this is the thanks I get over some bullshit.
this is the reason i dont really come here anymore..... :cry: just not a fun site anymore. pains me to say it though

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
theres no one to blame.... but the members. the incessant need to post useless information is crazy, but is it to get a post count higher really? It was that big of a problem ehh? I just wasnt aware. Honestly though, I post ALOT in the NC and try to do my part. Would I call myself a whore? Well no (unless you count my avi ;) ) obviously about 1/2 of what i posted was in what is now deeemed as 'countable' threads. So I guess Im part of the problem? Lets hear that.....

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im suprised i have this many posts still, although i try and give tech info whenever i can

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am with slambed. I recently started posting on honda-tech more to help those on there. The general posts on CC is what makes it what it is. I often just check out what is going on with the home page also. There are plenty of tech sites out there to get info on. The tech info on here is good but I feel people come on here more to just talk. People logging on and just chating about bullshit, saying hi, and asking questions is what makes it a community. If this was ment to be a tech site then say that is what it is and delete the non tech forums. If that's what they are trying to do then I say that's wrong. This site is great because of the fact that you can talk about all kinds of s**t. I don't know why they decided to do what they did but if that's why it's the wrong way to do it. Post whoring will never die....don't care what you do. Atleast I get to celebrate hitting 1,000 posts again.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tom said:
we all know anfrey is the biggest whore!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nothing has changed.. the lounge is still there and fully open to use... and "whoring" tech based threads will NOT be allowed... post count in the loung went away because a LARGE portion of lounge posts are completely useless babble, and thats ok.. because its the lounge... its just not going to drive up posts, and get you closer to benifits of higher post counts (selling, VIP, etc....)

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doug piston said:
this is the reason i dont really come here anymore..... :cry: just not a fun site anymore. pains me to say it though
in the past to months Ive notice go to s**t more & more

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a little off topic, but why can't anyone post in the newb section anymore?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
nothing has changed.. the lounge is still there and fully open to use... and "whoring" tech based threads will NOT be allowed... post count in the loung went away because a LARGE portion of lounge posts are completely useless babble, and thats ok.. because its the lounge... its just not going to drive up posts, and get you closer to benifits of higher post counts (selling, VIP, etc....)
Well at least you are trying to intice a more intelligent crowd. Whoring will have to be done with more thought in the tech forums, instead of in the Lounge. I see. :P

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
a little off topic, but why can't anyone post in the newb section anymore?
we are eliminating that section eventually because its redundent (SP?) if you make a hi im new i need to know how to change my tail lights.. they can just post it in the correct forum... if they make a hi im new here is my car (with pics) it can go in the members ride section... ;) alot of people didnt even look at the noob section.. so people were missing out on potential help..

Status
Not open for further replies.