WalkingComplex's EJ1

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
No updates but a few pix because I'm nice. Well, more because I'm bored.

First off, gotta rock the CC sticker. During shipping, the .com got messed up on 1 of 2 stickers. Decided to just cut it and make it that.

Crack in the bumper from previously stated accident with Stop Ahead sign. The hood is popped, not unaligned.

Bad tie-rod > Bad Alignment > Bad tires. :$

How it sits right now. On stands, and dirty as f***. I know I know, the rust is BAD. I'm not gonna bother to fix it since its everywhere. Cars never seen a garage in its life. Second CC sticker to the left of the gas door.

Plans are to go get a new alternator and belt sometime this week. As well as a new through bolt since the threads got cut off during removal. Get it running. Get the 2013 stickers and drive it to a shop for a new tie-rod and alignment(Which my friend might pay for parts and labor, we know a good mechanic that'll do any work for $20/hr) then find 2 tires in decent shape so I can get this thing rolling safe and find a job.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
LMAO, I know. It's had a rough life, especially these past six months. I don't really want it anymore. Especially since it's auto-tragic. Just keeping it since I need a car. Being in WI, finding a clean 5th gen for cheap is impossible. I love the 7th gen bodies but that D17 is a no-no. Still want an EM1 but I can dream right.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Em1's are coming down in price but are also getting up there in mileage by now...

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Got the new alternator in and belt on. It's running and drivable. Still need a tie-rod, tires, and new plate stickers. That should be done by Wednesday....hopefully

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Yup, a friend and I went to a salvage yard and looked for an alternator. Didn't find one for a Civic but found a late 80s early 90s Accord with a K in it. Ripped off the alternator and looked at it. Only difference was the top mounting hole was a little to the side if looking at the pulley straight on. Figured it should work. Paid $42.50, went home.

Next day, went and got the belt from Napa. Couldn't find a place that stocked the through-bolt so just went to Ace and bought a standard bolt with the same threads and length. Went home. Put it all on, only to find out that the belt wouldn't go on the pulley due to that mount hole hitting the engine. Took it off, went back to the salvage yard and turns out that the guy that buys core parts from them showed up minutes after we left. So, couldn't get my old alternator back, either way, the dude gave me back $42.20 and let me keep the alternator. He recommended another yard so we went and checked. Found the one I needed and paid $40.

Went home with two alternators, put the one on, reconnected everything, jumped it and boom, started without a problem. Went for an illegal test drive only to find out that the tie-rod has gotten worse and I have less than a gallon of gas. Not enough to get to a gas station. So now I got a K-series alternator sitting in my room that I only paid .30 for. LOL

I actually have to go re-screw the lower mounting bolt from my P/S pump. Isn't sitting straight. Also, reconnect my amp then bowling at my cousin's kids 5th b-day party.