Status
Not open for further replies.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the "three-strikes-you're-out" warning system should be looked at and revised. I think that it is unfair to count warnings that are more than a month or two old. It's like if you were a little kid, and you were making noise. Your mom is going to tell you to knock it off; fair enough. But lets say that a month down the road, you do it again. Should your mom ground you instantly? No, because that's just rediculous. Warnings, unless for serious offenses (like being a racist/biggot/etc), should not last very long. It's not fair to someone to get two warnings, and then four months down the road, get one more and be banned. :what:

Also, I think that warnings from "lounge bs" should be sparse, and only used in EXTREME circumstance. Giving warnings for being a part of, not starting, bs in the lounge is like giving a citiation for littering at a garbage dump. That's all the lounge is, just a huge bs-fest (wich also needs revising, but that's for another time). Everyone in the lounge is, at some point during any given day, a part of lounge drama. We'd have no members left if we kept giving warnings for it :lol:

Anyoo, that's my two cents, discuss.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the first part of your 2nd paragraph was brought up recently...and my response included the last part of your 2nd paragraph :lol: ;)....its being discussed....probbly more in detail soon, considering the only mods signed on at the moment are me and young joe....

but yeah, it is being discussed

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
the first part of your 2nd paragraph was brought up recently...and my response included the last part of your 2nd paragraph :lol: ;)....its being discussed....probbly more in detail soon, considering the only mods signed on at the moment are me and young joe....

but yeah, it is being discussed
:shock: Stalker! :shock:

;) :lol: ;)

Yeah, it's just how I feel. I talk to oc and handlebars quite a bit about site policy, and it's just been more .... pertinant as of late.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only problem with them “resting” after a certain length of time is that many would abuse that system…. Even if you are temp banned for the three strikes that does NOT necessarily mean permanent ban… it can almost always be worked out… and in regards to the lounge BS I OBVIOUSLY need to “restick” those stickies that someone took down..

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
The only problem with them “resting” after a certain length of time is that many would abuse that system…. Even if you are temp banned for the three strikes that does NOT necessarily mean permanent ban… it can almost always be worked out… and in regards to the lounge BS I OBVIOUSLY need to “restick” those stickies that someone took down..
Well, it's rather obvious when someone does abuse that. When you see someone troll, and then chill, and then troll, and then chill. You guys are technically allowed to ban for anything you see as misconduct. So use your judgement. I'll be the last to admit, people can change. Even Max is doing better than he used to. Same with Lin. But if they were to constantly do the yo-yo trolling, then it'd be a different story.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isnt it REALLY easy to NOT get banned? i mean lets be real.. come to the site.. contribute.. and discuss cars... basicly.. do what the site is here for.. and i really cant see how you would ever even get ONE warning... someone starts s**t with you.. remember its just the internet and report the post and move on... what good is having some "e-battle" with some jackass on the other side of the country (or even world) its just so stupid... if your technical opion varies.. discuss it.. without calling people names and starting s**t.. i really dont feel bad for people who have to be told the SAME thing over and over and over again... "dont post spam" "dont post spam" "dont post spam" "dont argue with dumbasses" "dont argue with dumbasses" "dont argue with dumbasses" "dont double post" "dont double post" etc... it just gets SO old... you can really only give someone so many warnings before its old.. i mean after all i think that most of the people on the site ARE adults... or at least close... grasping something so simple should not be that big of a challenge..

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
people that start drama and people that continue it should be treated the same. its kinda weak to have person A start drama, person B excalate it, then have person B demand person A be warned while person B gets no reprimand when they were just as responsible as person A.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think if you're getting alot of warnings then you might have a problem. as for serious offenses like racist, biggots etc... everyone calls everyone else faggots and talks about arabs and says s**t like white people's houses smell like bologna, that s**t doesn't bother me. even if you wanna call somebody a coal burner it shouldn't offend anyone, that is unless you're emo and s**t. Hell, I'm a f**kin wet back chili chokin pepper belly, call us beaners whatever you want, I won't loose any sleep over it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x007den said:
people that start drama and people that continue it should be treated the same. its kinda weak to have person A start drama, person B excalate it, then have person B demand person A be warned while person B gets no reprimand when they were just as responsible as person A.
Just glad I didn't do any of that today. =) Well, techincally yesterday now.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i;ll agree with the 3 strikes... but i;m biased cause i think i;m at two. but to someone with no warnings it probably seems fair. you mess up once ok.. you do it again well you;re kinda asking for something.. you do it again.. well how many more times are you going to do it? have some time off.. maybe we could go to the 4 strikes rule but then again most sites will just ban you no warnings or nothing so you;re getting off easy how it is.

i dont think the lounge is a huge bs collection. its been a while since i;ve seen a drama thread in there and i;m in there most of the time. most of it is just random discussion of non automotive or non technicle things.

as for the whole drama thing if someone starts a thread for the pure reason to make someone get all upity about it then i think that that thread should be closed and they get a warning i mean if you really have a problem with someone, PM them and sort it out that way starting a thread is not the way to go about making things better. you don;t need the whole world to know about your so called "issues"

also i think people should be warned for harassment. if someone tells them to stop or to leave them alone and they don;t it should be treated like a normal case and they should be given a warning about that. just because they;re online that isn;t an excuse to act like that. i;m pretty sure something along acting like that is in the site rules.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
isnt it REALLY easy to NOT get banned? ..

well from experiance its not very hard.. thats just the :twocents: on someone thats been banned about 4 times " i lost count " any how i really dont understand whats going on besides the fact Eran dont like the 3 strikes law here on CC, im not much of a fan when it comes to laws so eran im with u.. :rocker:

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EF_CaSe said:
well from experiance its not very hard.. thats just the :twocents: on someone thats been banned about 4 times " i lost count " any how i really dont understand whats going on besides the fact Eran dont like the 3 strikes law here on CC, im not much of a fan when it comes to laws so eran im with u.. :rocker:
my thread is now doomed, since THAT was my only support :laugh:

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
my thread is now doomed, since THAT was my only support :laugh:

damn thats the love u show ur support>? WOW what a nice person :nod:

I just like the smilie i had to use it

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think that is someone is continously being a jackass, then they shoul be temp. banned. If they start s**t again, then they should be permentantly banned. I think it would really be stupid to ban someone for lounge drama, since all the lounge is is to talk about whats going on in your world today and to discuss off-topic threads.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i know others won't share my view and it's totally fine to diagree, but i think it's fine the way it is, anthony is right about if it were changed then it would be abused, more so why i think it's fine how it it now, if you get a warning then you get them, regardless of time, but remember taht's just me and my opinion.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
i know others won't share my view and it's totally fine to diagree, but i think it's fine the way it is, anthony is right about if it were changed then it would be abused, more so why i think it's fine how it it now, if you get a warning then you get them, regardless of time, but remember taht's just me and my opinion.
:werd:

I think the ones that want it chaned are the ones that are f**king it up imo

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
:werd:

I think the ones that want it chaned are the ones that are f**king it up imo
Not to sound like more of an ass, but why else would this thread of started!

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This isn't about who is or is not f**king things up or being banned. I was honnestly thinking about making a thread like this before ... recent incidents.

I am just used to a different style of management and leadership I guess. I prefer when things are not completely black and white. Even our own police force is allowed to make judgement calls and decide the severity and if someone is punished. It's not just "they did it, guilty." I know this is a monarchy here, no trial (except by fire). There are just some changes I would like to see, but frankly never will. Anthony and I had quite the discusion last night. Nothing was resolved, we're both still stubborn jackasses ;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know that even though I should have counted up two warnings so far, I was banned for those instances (for a night). So that means I was already punished for those and so they disappeared, right? Or do they just stick with you forever and ever? So if I were to get another warning, I'd be banned for it and in the event I came back I'd stil have three wanrings meaning if six months from now someone misunderstands me I can be banned again?

Them just continually counting up against a person.. I just want to know when it stops, that's all.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
i agree...
this site and its mods are very lenient when it comes to peoples behavior/posts etc...
and allowing more warnings is just asking for it..
i see eran's point about some1 who gets their 3rd warning after a long time since they got their previous but my view is that why would u even do something that deserves getting a warning? and if u do learn from ur mistakes and dont repeat urself...:what:

i dont have a single warning and really its not something i would look forward to anyway :roll:

troublemakers on this site do the same thing over and over and over again whether it be in the lounge threads or in the tech threads...and some of youse have lackeys too...people are way too crazy about changin shyt on this site that really needs no changing..if anything the mods need to watch the site closer than ever IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.