Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I searched for any other posts about it and came up empty..

Im not sure why it was deleted but i know the noobie section was very helpful when i was a noob

I made my first posts in the noobie section becuase i was scared to post anywhere else. Cause i always saw noobs getting bashed if they f**ked up

For noobs, the noobie section is a place to post questions that would sound stupid to normal posters It kind of like a no flaming zone... Even though flaming isnt allowed anywhere. We all know it kinda hurts to hear You should of searched Noob.

I had no problem at all replying to questions asked over several times in the noob section.. I mean that is what it was there for to answer questions that have already been answered.

It helped me out alot, i think it will help others as well

HP Civic 2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
n00bie section for teh win.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think they got rid of it because so many of the threads could be posted in other sections where it would make better sense to be in.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also speaking in reality....

I know that we have stickies and such that answer all the question in the world a noobie could ask..

BUT LETS BE REAL .. HOW MANY NOOBS DO YOU THINK ARE GONNA SPEND THE TIME TO FIND THE NECESSARY STICKY TO ANSWER THEIR QUESTION.

im not condoning lazyness or justifying people not searching for the answer.. just speaking in reality...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think stickies and the search feature are enough. They should be able to figure out how to do a little work to figure stuff out for themselves. I know that's not how it works out in the real world though. People just want thing handed to them.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just a test for those of you who dont agree.

see how fast you can find the sticky that answers (what does bump mean)

i bet even with your extensive knowledge of the forums you wont find it extremely fast... Now think about if you were a noob... Exactly, you probally would never find it..

As for threads being in there that could go in another section....they could be moved... i wouldnt mind...it takes just as much time to move them as it does to answer the thread. =)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I think they got rid of it because so many of the threads could be posted in other sections where it would make better sense to be in.
This is very true.

However i wasn't for it's demise, i myself alao wish it was still here since's it's the place that alot of new people liked to introduce themselve's, and ask questions that they weren't sure of.

So in my opinion i'd like to have it around.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PERFECT EXAMPLE http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?p=1372892#post1372892 (take note that this person did post in one of many correct forums =) ) so he did good but this would be a typical noob question in the noobie cause it has been answered many times over..

I answered it with no problem at all cause its a valid question but he would still be open to others saying (you should of searched)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If we ended up having a noobie section again I'd like to see it strictly moderated. Before there were a lot of threads that would have been better off in tech or something. Just questions asking what things are, etc could definately be in the noobie section.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NOFX said:
If we ended up having a noobie section again I'd like to see it strictly moderated. Before there were a lot of threads that would have been better off in tech or something. Just questions asking what things are, etc could definately be in the noobie section.
We were actually taking care of moving those threads at the time, till Anthony thought it would just be easier to get rid of it, there was only 8 archive pages to move, or rather to look through to see what could be moved, but instead he wanted it gone, and didn't think we needed it anymore.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i typed city lights in using the search and got 9 pages of crap.. so i think they should be able to do the same..

New idea.. when registering it makes you have to use the search bar.. like a confirmation thing.. LOL

HP Civic 2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
PERFECT EXAMPLE http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?p=1372892#post1372892 (take note that this person did post in one of many correct forums =) ) so he did good but this would be a typical noob question in the noobie cause it has been answered many times over..

I answered it with no problem at all cause its a valid question but he would still be open to others saying (you should of searched)
I'm not goign to lie...before you posted, I too wondered what city lights were :( ...I didnt want to be the 2 yo n00bie askin about them lol...I got scurred

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
HP Civic 2 said:
I'm not goign to lie...before you posted, I too wondered what city lights were :( ...I didnt want to be the 2 yo n00bie askin about them lol...I got scurred
too scurred to search?

or google?

:lol:

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it would be a great thing to have it back again. It would have really helped me out when I was a n00b.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HP Civic 2 said:
lol i feel ya.. i remember the days...... thats why i have no problem answering questions like that in the noob section..

i even posted a couple questions in the noob section when i really wasnt a noob anymore.. It was kind of like section where you wouldnt be screamed at no matter how noobish you were =)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it should be brought back...i used it countless times when i first started. It should also have its own mod, not just to police the section but to move threads to and from it as needed.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
POLL just added ....please feel free to vote.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:rolf: I don't think I ever posted a thread in the noobie section. It wasn't even here when I was a noob.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NOFX said:
:rolf: I don't think I ever posted a thread in the noobie section. It wasn't even here when I was a noob.
it was here when i join, and that was only a month after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.