What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should be able to switch to synthetic though without valve tick. I believe switching back to conventional isn't good though, so I've heard.

I had valve tick also. Adjusted the valves and it was better, but could still hear it. Then I went B-series. ;)
I refuse to give in to temptation! If I get a swap, I'll end up with a GSR swap (I miss my old GSR hatch) or an H22A, but I'd like to just hold out and get a K swap.

I like being able to plan on changing the oil every 3000 miles but not actually doing it until 4000-4500, so it will stay synthetic :lol: It's just more of an annoyance than anything, hearing the tick tick tick tick.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I refuse to give in to temptation! If I get a swap, I'll end up with a GSR swap (I miss my old GSR hatch) or an H22A, but I'd like to just hold out and get a K swap.

I like being able to plan on changing the oil every 3000 miles but not actually doing it until 4000-4500, so it will stay synthetic :lol: It's just more of an annoyance than anything, hearing the tick tick tick tick.
Yeah, makes sense. Have you tried adjusting the valves?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, makes sense. Have you tried adjusting the valves?
I haven't yet. I never adjusted valve lash before in my life until I redid the head on my 95 DX. They were perfectly silent and then started to become slightly audible and I did the break-in readjustment and they were perfect. So I'm pretty confident I got that down, or at least have an idea of what I'm doing. Anything beyond that I should look into?

Hit on the DX coupe, some guy wants it tonight :shock: Yay for more parts money!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can switch back and forth between conventional and synthetic, according to my engines teacher.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I haven't yet. I never adjusted valve lash before in my life until I redid the head on my 95 DX. They were perfectly silent and then started to become slightly audible and I did the break-in readjustment and they were perfect. So I'm pretty confident I got that down, or at least have an idea of what I'm doing. Anything beyond that I should look into?

Hit on the DX coupe, some guy wants it tonight :shock: Yay for more parts money!
Wrong person to ask haha. The valve tick I had was way before I even went B-series, so I had a mechanic do it.

You can switch back and forth between conventional and synthetic, according to my engines teacher.
Interesting. I'll have to look into that, now you have me wondering.

Side note, just dropped $201 on a 3 day country music festival. Camping out for 3 days. Nothing better than country girls for three days straight! :D

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wait... whattttt? Someone wanted your cologne and slashed your top??
No, but that's all I had in the car minus some change that was thrown in the driver seat.

Roommates girlfriends car was also cut into and all they got out of that was a bag of towels.

Couple thousand total for maybe $50 worth of s**t and a huge inconvenience

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No, but that's all I had in the car minus some change that was thrown in the driver seat.

Roommates girlfriends car was also cut into and all they got out of that was a bag of towels.

Couple thousand total for maybe $50 worth of s*** and a huge inconvenience
WOWWWW f**kk that dude, sorry to hear! That's shady.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My folks took Matt out to dinner last night and I showed up later. It was super fun. We all 4 decided we're going to Mexico in November.

I'm trying to coordinate taking one of my Model S loaners for Matt's birthday dinner with just him and I, but a customer is in it currently...

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I'm going to mexico next week! gonna drink a bucket of tequila. we're gonna do some winery tours, so i gotta stay somewhat civilized though.....

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm going to mexico next week! gonna drink a bucket of tequila. we're gonna do some winery tours, so i gotta stay somewhat civilized though.....
Me too I'm going the 8-10th for a quince. I'm gonna get messed up at that quince.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Me too I'm going the 8-10th for a quince. I'm gonna get messed up at that quince.
I was there last year for work. Tequila shots with the president :cool: Found out that f***er makes $750k a year.

Hi, not sure what goes on here
But I saw alcohol which is something I know about lol
:lol: it's supposed to be a thread for what you've done or will be doing today, but OT chat is pretty frequent as well.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what's a quince?

i'll be sailing 2rd through the 8th, should be good times. catalina island on the way back ;)
Quinceniera is the whole word and it is a big party for a girl's 15th birthday. American families have sweet 16s Mexican and Mexican American families have quincieneras.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well its too damn cold to work but we r still sitting on location trying to do work. 12 hour shifts plus 3 hours of driving on each end. 17 more days til im home

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you get reimbursed for gas?
We drive company vehicles and i drive a semi and operate a crane so its all company paid. Paid drive time and company fuel cards. We just pay for our food is all.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got to play with these this morning before they went to the auction. The 360 Modena went to Ferrari of Seattle, the BMW Z8 went to some dude in Germany (it ships out tomorrow), don't know about the GT or the Aston where they ended up.