What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't stop laughing at that Craigslist add, even a day later :lol:

Ugh. Still got my head all wrapped up in this dumb girl that lives 1100 miles away. What's wrong with me? :(
Snap out of it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Ugh. Still got my head all wrapped up in this dumb girl that lives 1100 miles away. What's wrong with me? :(

It's okay it happens man. You just need to do your own thing and let time pass then you'll be over her.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

It's okay it happens man. You just need to do your own thing and let time pass then you'll be over her.
Hahahaha

Yeah, you're right man. I keep her on Facebook which makes it (sorta) worse. I don't want to cut her off. We were friends first and foremost, and I'd like to go back to that sometime later in the future when I'm ready/comfortable talking to her.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hahahaha

Yeah, you're right man. I keep her on Facebook which makes it (sorta) worse. I don't want to cut her off. We were friends first and foremost, and I'd like to go back to that sometime later in the future when I'm ready/comfortable talking to her.
You don't have to unfriend her you can just unfollow her and she wont appear on your newsfeed ever, but she'll still be in your list of friends.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You don't have to unfriend her you can just unfollow her and she wont appear on your newsfeed ever, but she'll still be in your list of friends.
Pretty much what I did. Although, ever since we stopped talking, she is really quiet on Facebook. I see her posting in some groups we're mutually part of, mainly for attention. I know it's bothering her. As sad/dumb as it is, that makes me feel better (glad to know that the feeling was mutual, I guess).

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pretty much what I did. Although, ever since we stopped talking, she is really quiet on Facebook. I see her posting in some groups we're mutually part of, mainly for attention. I know it's bothering her. As sad/dumb as it is, that makes me feel better (glad to know that the feeling was mutual, I guess).

Last I read y'all were working things out, what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Dude I feel you trust me. Ending s*** like that is never easy, whether she's 1100 miles away or right next to you, emotions don't know the difference.

Hang in there, and it will get better over time for sure. When I broke up with my ex in December I was legitimately depressed. Now, I see it as a blessing in disguise.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Last I read y'all were working things out, what happened?

Prepare for relatively long rant!

It looked good at first. I confronted her for withdrawing and getting weird (went from really affectionate/sexual, to absolutely nothing at all, save for a heart here and there via text). She would talk to me differently on the phone, our conversations were shorter etc. I knew something was not right. The strange thing is that she would talk to me every single day, all day, call me constantly etc. I was confused/conflicted. When I confronted her, She told me she was scared, and didn't know what she wanted. I told her that's fine, I understand, and I have no idea what I want either. We agreed to take things as they come. It got a hell of a lot better for about a week after that. I have a plane ticket to fly out there (thankfully, she lives a town away from my folks, so I'm still going out to visit them. Ticket is not wasted, although it will be kinda a bummer). I asked her several times before I bought it, if she still wanted to see me. She was really eager and excited, so I had no reason to not want to do it as well. I buy it, all is well. Then, this s**t starts happening.. So two days ago, I notice she has gotten really withdrawn and weird, yet again. I tell her that I feel like she and I want two different things, to which she says "yeah I think you're right. I don't want a relationship right now, let alone a long distance one". She has been hanging out with her ex (albeit of like 2 weeks, but still) all the time, claims he's her best friend. Made me really uncomfortable and caused some problems for us.. She would disappear for the weekend (even though she would tell me that she was going out with friends). I would get maybe one text from her, she wouldn't reply to my texts etc. I knew it was getting bad. Anywho, after this last conversation, she made it clear that she doesn't want to do the long distance thing. She said she likes me a lot, and loves talking to me etc. I initially cut her off and blocked her, but felt horrible about it. It just felt wrong, so I unblocked her, apologized, and am not talking to her. I just have her as a friend on Facebook. She messaged me asking me about a facebook post from a group we're in. I replied short and simple, and left it at that. I think she was expecting more from me.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

It looked good at first. I confronted her for withdrawing and getting weird (went from really affectionate/sexual, to absolutely nothing at all, save for a heart here and there via text). She would talk to me differently on the phone, our conversations were shorter etc. I knew something was not right. The strange thing is that she would talk to me every single day, all day, call me constantly etc. I was confused/conflicted. When I confronted her, She told me she was scared, and didn't know what she wanted. I told her that's fine, I understand, and I have no idea what I want either. We agreed to take things as they come. It got a hell of a lot better for about a week after that. I have a plane ticket to fly out there (thankfully, she lives a town away from my folks, so I'm still going out to visit them. Ticket is not wasted, although it will be kinda a bummer). I asked her several times before I bought it, if she still wanted to see me. She was really eager and excited, so I had no reason to not want to do it as well. I buy it, all is well. Then, this s*** starts happening.. So two days ago, I notice she has gotten really withdrawn and weird, yet again. I tell her that I feel like she and I want two different things, to which she says "yeah I think you're right. I don't want a relationship right now, let alone a long distance one". She has been hanging out with her ex (albeit of like 2 weeks, but still) all the time, claims he's her best friend. Made me really uncomfortable and caused some problems for us.. She would disappear for the weekend (even though she would tell me that she was going out with friends). I would get maybe one text from her, she wouldn't reply to my texts etc. I knew it was getting bad. Anywho, after this last conversation, she made it clear that she doesn't want to do the long distance thing. She said she likes me a lot, and loves talking to me etc. I initially cut her off and blocked her, but felt horrible about it. It just felt wrong, so I unblocked her, apologized, and am not talking to her. I just have her as a friend on Facebook. She messaged me asking me about a facebook post from a group we're in. I replied short and simple, and left it at that. I think she was expecting more from me.
IMO, if she's talking to her ex, she's not over him, unfortunately. I talk to my ex and we both claim we're nothing but friends, but every time we hang out I get that funny feeling so I know I'm not completely over her. She said she IS over me, blah blah, etc, yet two days ago I got a text from her asking me to go over and cuddle. It's been over 4 months now. I don't know, I'm nowhere near an expert and honestly I don't think I (or for that matter any man ever) will understand women.

Find a hookup and you'll forget about her ;)

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
yeah women hanging around with ex's NEVER ends well. honestly it's probably better it ended now then finding out something f**ked up later on. been there with an ex wife...

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude. Move along. She's so not over him.

Put my cowl cover on the bike. Looks much better than the seat. And I'm super excited for my boots and gloves to come in that I ordered.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IMO, if she's talking to her ex, she's not over him, unfortunately. I talk to my ex and we both claim we're nothing but friends, but every time we hang out I get that funny feeling so I know I'm not completely over her. She said she IS over me, blah blah, etc, yet two days ago I got a text from her asking me to go over and cuddle. It's been over 4 months now. I don't know, I'm nowhere near an expert and honestly I don't think I (or for that matter any man ever) will understand women.

Find a hookup and you'll forget about her ;)
Yeah, I know this. My mantuition was freaking out when she said dude was her best friend. I was conflicted because she broke it off with him after two weeks, because she said there was just no chemistry there. She said they were better off friends. I'm not a jealous person, so I let it go, but something has been up for sure. My thought: they've been hooking up. She seems to just want a f**kbuddy right now. I should have just bailed a while ago. She was going to the observatory with him, parties, goes to his shows (he's a sound engineer) all the time etc. All big ass red flags to gtfo for me.

yeah women hanging around with ex's NEVER ends well. honestly it's probably better it ended now then finding out something f***ed up later on. been there with an ex wife...
Oh absolutely. I would be way more hurt at that point. It still sucks, though.

Dude. Move along. She's so not over him.

Put my cowl cover on the bike. Looks much better than the seat. And I'm super excited for my boots and gloves to come in that I ordered.
You know, I would normally have been like "LOL BYE", but this girl did something to me. I was truly into her, so it's been really hard. I haven't even met her, so I have no idea why I'm all distraught over it all. It makes no logical sense.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
yeah that s*** sucks for a while, go hang out with the bros, drink some beers, it'll help with the process.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah that s*** sucks for a while, go hang out with the bros, drink some beers, it'll help with the process.
That's the plan. Surprisingly, all of my downtime is at work. When I'm not at work, I'm friggin swamped. I will be swamped this whole week, and swamped this weekend. I just have to find s**t to do when there's nothing going on in the office, as that's when she and I would talk the most (she does the same thing as I, and has a ton of downtime).

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have never ridden with boots, always just normal shoes. Too hot out for boots. Jeans is another story though. The ONE time I wore shorts (was going fishing, didn't want so sweat my balls off), I burnt the f**k out of my leg on my muffler. That made me jump so bad that jumped too far and burnt my other leg lol (dual mufflers FTL!).

I need a new helmet though. The mechanism where the visor snaps to the helmet is broken.

Yeah, I know this. My mantuition was freaking out when she said dude was her best friend. I was conflicted because she broke it off with him after two weeks, because she said there was just no chemistry there. She said they were better off friends. I'm not a jealous person, so I let it go, but something has been up for sure. My thought: they've been hooking up. She seems to just want a f***buddy right now. I should have just bailed a while ago. She was going to the observatory with him, parties, goes to his shows (he's a sound engineer) all the time etc. All big ass red flags to gtfo for me.

You know, I would normally have been like "LOL BYE", but this girl did something to me. I was truly into her, so it's been really hard. I haven't even met her, so I have no idea why I'm all distraught over it all. It makes no logical sense.
Yeah, parties with her ex means drinking with her ex... We know where that goes :???:

You'll get over her quick if you haven't met her though. And it makes sense, you guys talked a bunch and developed a relationship, whether it be friends or more. It always sucks going from something positive to something negative. Much easier going the other way. Hang in there mang.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude I feel you trust me. Ending s*** like that is never easy, whether she's 1100 miles away or right next to you, emotions don't know the difference.

Hang in there, and it will get better over time for sure. When I broke up with my ex in December I was legitimately depressed. Now, I see it as a blessing in disguise.
Somehow missed this post. Thanks man. I appreciate the support.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

It looked good at first. I confronted her for withdrawing and getting weird (went from really affectionate/sexual, to absolutely nothing at all, save for a heart here and there via text). She would talk to me differently on the phone, our conversations were shorter etc. I knew something was not right. The strange thing is that she would talk to me every single day, all day, call me constantly etc. I was confused/conflicted. When I confronted her, She told me she was scared, and didn't know what she wanted. I told her that's fine, I understand, and I have no idea what I want either. We agreed to take things as they come. It got a hell of a lot better for about a week after that. I have a plane ticket to fly out there (thankfully, she lives a town away from my folks, so I'm still going out to visit them. Ticket is not wasted, although it will be kinda a bummer). I asked her several times before I bought it, if she still wanted to see me. She was really eager and excited, so I had no reason to not want to do it as well. I buy it, all is well. Then, this s**t starts happening.. So two days ago, I notice she has gotten really withdrawn and weird, yet again. I tell her that I feel like she and I want two different things, to which she says "yeah I think you're right. I don't want a relationship right now, let alone a long distance one". She has been hanging out with her ex (albeit of like 2 weeks, but still) all the time, claims he's her best friend. Made me really uncomfortable and caused some problems for us.. She would disappear for the weekend (even though she would tell me that she was going out with friends). I would get maybe one text from her, she wouldn't reply to my texts etc. I knew it was getting bad. Anywho, after this last conversation, she made it clear that she doesn't want to do the long distance thing. She said she likes me a lot, and loves talking to me etc. I initially cut her off and blocked her, but felt horrible about it. It just felt wrong, so I unblocked her, apologized, and am not talking to her. I just have her as a friend on Facebook. She messaged me asking me about a facebook post from a group we're in. I replied short and simple, and left it at that. I think she was expecting more from me.

Well there's not much to say that hasn't already been said. But I would have bailed as soon as I heard about her and the ex bf hanging out. All the signs are there and I wouldn't be surprised if her and the ex ended up together or have been hooking up. Seen it happen too many times this way and have been through it myself. Just give it time, you'll wake up one day and not even think about her

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've done that before too. You want something you don't have. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

I have never ridden with boots, always just normal shoes. Too hot out for boots. Jeans is another story though. The ONE time I wore shorts (was going fishing, didn't want so sweat my balls off), I burnt the f*** out of my leg on my muffler. That made me jump so bad that jumped too far and burnt my other leg lol (dual mufflers FTL!).

I need a new helmet though. The mechanism where the visor snaps to the helmet is broken.

Yeah, parties with her ex means drinking with her ex... We know where that goes :???:

You'll get over her quick if you haven't met her though. And it makes sense, you guys talked a bunch and developed a relationship, whether it be friends or more. It always sucks going from something positive to something negative. Much easier going the other way. Hang in there mang.
I will never ride in shoes, unless that's all I got. I have some old horseriding boots that I use currently (they just look like normal over the ankle leather boots). I do ride in jeans since my riding pants are too hot sometimes, but I really want the riding jeans (or leather pants). I got some gloves with carbon fiber on the knuckles :cool:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well there's not much to say that hasn't already been said. But I would have bailed as soon as I heard about her and the ex bf hanging out. All the signs are there and I wouldn't be surprised if her and the ex ended up together or have been hooking up. Seen it happen too many times this way and have been through it myself. Just give it time, you'll wake up one day and not even think about her

Yeah, I've just gotta keep my mind off of her. Sucks, cause I really, really want that deep connection. It was there with her, and it blows that I have to walk away from it, but it's just not gonna happen. If she lived here, or I lived there, entirely different story. Can't think like that, though.

I've done that before too. You want something you don't have. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

I will never ride in shoes, unless that's all I got. I have some old horseriding boots that I use currently (they just look like normal over the ankle leather boots). I do ride in jeans since my riding pants are too hot sometimes, but I really want the riding jeans (or leather pants). I got some gloves with carbon fiber on the knuckles :cool:
This is true. In that same scenario, though, the heart wants what it wants. I just have to tell myself that it's not going to work, and she's not worth torturing myself.