What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The teg is making noise every time I turn right even slightly. Sweet. Gonna check it out when I get it on the alignment rack tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The teg is making noise every time I turn right even slightly. Sweet. Gonna check it out when I get it on the alignment rack tomorrow.

Sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I've just gotta keep my mind off of her. Sucks, cause I really, really want that deep connection. It was there with her, and it blows that I have to walk away from it, but it's just not gonna happen. If she lived here, or I lived there, entirely different story. Can't think like that, though.

This is true. In that same scenario, though, the heart wants what it wants. I just have to tell myself that it's not going to work, and she's not worth torturing myself.
If she's that fickle, definitely not worth it.

I have carbon-fiber knuckled gloves as well, they're pretty BA!
They felt really comfy when I tried them on.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Too lazy and high to quote all of these posts. But uh..

Seth! Sorry to hear about your girl problems. Hope everything works out for you soon. Try and keep your mind off of it and if it's meant to be it'll work out.

Alex, pics of the cowl cover? :D
Or... Whatever you want to post ;)

Xploder, sorry man, your name escapes me right now. I had no idea you rode! What kind of bike do you ride?

Jared, sucks about the car. Let us know what it is.

Anddddd... I went for orientation at longhorn today =) excited to work for a company with so many opportunities for advancement.

My first day on the job is Sunday at 5.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sell it

Eventually. Me thinks its either a dragging pas or dust shield rubbing cause it makes the noise when turning right or slightly right and it goes with the rotation of the wheel.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
about to pull the trigger on some rockford fosgate fron and back speakers. aux in doesn't work on my current head unit, anyone got recommendations for a low end one they like?

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
about to pull the trigger on some rockford fosgate fron and back speakers. aux in doesn't work on my current head unit, anyone got recommendations for a low end one they like?

I bought some Rockford fosgate door speakers and 6x9s off of amazon for a pretty good price a while back. I'm not sure about a head unit, I still have an old kenwood in mine with no aux

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I bought some Rockford fosgate door speakers and 6x9s off of amazon for a pretty good price a while back. I'm not sure about a head unit, I still have an old kenwood in mine with no aux

yeah it's not a huge priority since the radio and cd player work on it, it'd just be nice to be able to plug a mp3 player in since i only have 2 CD's to my name. lol

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It is time for some new sound in my civic. Had Polk audio in the doors but have never been impressed with the sound, kenwood in the rear and a Kenwood deck. Not sure what I am going with next.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Xploder, sorry man, your name escapes me right now. I had no idea you rode! What kind of bike do you ride?

Anddddd... I went for orientation at longhorn today =) excited to work for a company with so many opportunities for advancement.
:lol:

Name is Shaun. And yessir, for a couple years now. I have an '05 Ninja 500. Picked it up for a steal, $2800 with 5500 miles, a helmet, jacket, and gloves. Bone stock too!

Assuming you ride too... whatcha got? And good luck with Longhorns!!

It is time for some new sound in my civic. Had Polk audio in the doors but have never been impressed with the sound, kenwood in the rear and a Kenwood deck. Not sure what I am going with next.

I heard, at least for 6th gens, that the front speakers are better than most aftermarket ones. Mine died so I replaced with some shitty Dual ones. Hate them

In my RSX I have Bose speakers all around, with a JL Audio W3 sub, Kenwood amp, and Kenwood deck. I use the deck with Bluetooth from my iPhone, and HD radio. HD Radio sounds incredible...

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
order placed, woot:

Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 6 x 9-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Speakers (Pair) [Electronics]
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1653 6.5-Inch Full Range 3 Way Speakers (Pair) [Electronics]

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:lol:

Name is Shaun. And yessir, for a couple years now. I have an '05 Ninja 500. Picked it up for a steal, $2800 with 5500 miles, a helmet, jacket, and gloves. Bone stock too!

Assuming you ride too... whatcha got? And good luck with Longhorns!!

I heard, at least for 6th gens, that the front speakers are better than most aftermarket ones. Mine died so I replaced with some shitty Dual ones. Hate them

In my RSX I have Bose speakers all around, with a JL Audio W3 sub, Kenwood amp, and Kenwood deck. I use the deck with Bluetooth from my iPhone, and HD radio. HD Radio sounds incredible...
Yeah I had Rockford fosgate t series in my jetta and was purely impressed with the sound. It had clear hi and mid with a rich powerful low.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
yeah i'd like to avoid wiring in a sub if possible, so hopefully these speakers should do the trick.

hmm some honda fit wheels for sale on the cheap, kind of tempting....

Last edited by a moderator:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If she's that fickle, definitely not worth it.
Oh definitely. I learned my lesson. Will explain below.

Seth! Sorry to hear about your girl problems. Hope everything works out for you soon. Try and keep your mind off of it and if it's meant to be it'll work out.

Alex, pics of the cowl cover? :D
Or... Whatever you want to post ;)

Jared, sucks about the car. Let us know what it is.

My first day on the job is Sunday at 5.
Thanks brotha. I appreciate it. Congrats on the job, again! Glad you're stoked!

You're an idiot. Just sayin :what: :rolf:
I am, I know :lol:

Well, she called me outta the blue yesterday, which went badly. I'm still butthurt, I tell her this, tell her she should have been upfront with me when she knew she wasn't going to be into this. Told her I could tell when something changed, and she should have spoke up. She said I accused her of lying and went straight bats*** insane. Hung up etc. That right there did it for me. Definite NOPE. I feel 100 times better today. 5 hour band practice absolutely helped as well.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ugh,

So even though I'm not with my ex, my Civic is (was) still there. Needed some fixing and wasn't about to work on it during the winter.

Anyways, she called me yesterday to tell me some sketchy dudes kept driving by the house looking at my car. After the 6th time of them creeping by (her roommate was out in the front yard with the dog), they stopped and mentioned how they noticed it was sitting for a while and if it were for sale. She said no. They drove off. No more than 5 minutes later, apparently they came back again and asked if she owned it. She said no, and they drove off again.

Obv that's sketchy, so I figured that even though it's not running, it's a sitting duck. So I spent yesterday after work getting her running. Got it running, but had a rip in some tiny coolant hose and the stores were just about to close. Had no duct tape. Sooo I improvised and slathered the rip in rubber cement. Let it dry, filled her with coolant, added a quart of oil since it was low (oil is almost two years old, car had been sitting almost the entire time), jumped her, and managed to get her on the highway for a ~10 mile drive back to my new place. It made it, but glad I didn't live much further away.... rubber cement held up just enough, and by the time I got about a half mile away I noticed it was pissing coolant again.

Oh, and while I was fixing her up, the truck creeped by again. Two skinny black dudes with a whole bunch of scrap metal in their truck bed. Hmmmmmm...

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ugh,

So even though I'm not with my ex, my Civic is (was) still there. Needed some fixing and wasn't about to work on it during the winter.

Anyways, she called me yesterday to tell me some sketchy dudes kept driving by the house looking at my car. After the 6th time of them creeping by (her roommate was out in the front yard with the dog), they stopped and mentioned how they noticed it was sitting for a while and if it were for sale. She said no. They drove off. No more than 5 minutes later, apparently they came back again and asked if she owned it. She said no, and they drove off again.

Obv that's sketchy, so I figured that even though it's not running, it's a sitting duck. So I spent yesterday after work getting her running. Got it running, but had a rip in some tiny coolant hose and the stores were just about to close. Had no duct tape. Sooo I improvised and slathered the rip in rubber cement. Let it dry, filled her with coolant, added a quart of oil since it was low (oil is almost two years old, car had been sitting almost the entire time), jumped her, and managed to get her on the highway for a ~10 mile drive back to my new place. It made it, but glad I didn't live much further away.... rubber cement held up just enough, and by the time I got about a half mile away I noticed it was pissing coolant again.

Oh, and while I was fixing her up, the truck creeped by again. Two skinny black dudes with a whole bunch of scrap metal in their truck bed. Hmmmmmm...

I would have been sleeping in the front seat hahah

Oh definitely. I learned my lesson. Will explain below.

Thanks brotha. I appreciate it. Congrats on the job, again! Glad you're stoked!

I am, I know :lol:

Well, she called me outta the blue yesterday, which went badly. I'm still butthurt, I tell her this, tell her she should have been upfront with me when she knew she wasn't going to be into this. Told her I could tell when something changed, and she should have spoke up. She said I accused her of lying and went straight bats*** insane. Hung up etc. That right there did it for me. Definite NOPE. I feel 100 times better today. 5 hour band practice absolutely helped as well.

Showing her true colors? Yeah as soon as that happened I would have been like

And never thought about her again. Things like that make it pretty easy to forget someone

Last edited by a moderator:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ugh,

Suuuuper sketchy. I would have done the same exact thing!

Showing her true colors? Yeah as soon as that happened I would have been like

And never thought about her again. Things like that make it pretty easy to forget someone

You got it man. I mean, I know she's a good girl (lol queue Drake) deep down, but she's an emotional train wreck right now. I'll chill and be her friend (with very, very limited communication with her), but yeah f**k that. Don't need that s**t. Moving on!

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would like to get 190+whp out of it. This would be my first engine build, going from my stock d15. Shouldnt be too hard to achieve with I/h/e, Rs machines pistons, arp rod bolts/head studs, skunk2 cams, skunk2 IM and a good tune. Still learning a lot about building motors

How bout you? What kinda numbers you aiming for?
I am aiming for 220+ with my setup and hopefully around 330+ on the bottle. My bottom end is completely built with eagle rods, wiseco 11.5:1 pistons, and CNCWerx's CSS system. My head is a B16A2 head with supertech full valvetrain, flat faced valves, and an RLZ Engineering CNC port and polish job to their race spec. Having it tuned on Hondata S300 by a local guy whenever I get it ready...

this is my first engine build as well and for what I've already done and purchased I say take it slow, do lots of research, and make lists of everything you need. It may sound "simple" at first but the prices of things will just keep rolling. Good luck and keep us posted!