What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Birds are f***ing awful pets
I never liked birds, or even pets for that matter. Birds are meh.

We have conures and they do get loud, but these animals are f**king smart.
When I'm on the computer, my bird will get out of his cage and hang out on my shoulder. He doesn't bother to leave the cage otherwise.
When he has to s**t, he says "go poopy" and hangs his ass off my chair and shits in a trash can.
My girlfriend has poison dart frogs and she'll go in to spray them with a water bottle for humidity, etc and as soon as she grabs the waterbottle, they both make spray bottle sounds "psht psht psht".
We'll walk in the door from work and they both yell "Hi guys!" and make kissy sounds. f**king hilarious.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd do it anyway.

In other news, girlfriend is bringing home a damn cockatoo because someone "found" it in Newark and didn't know what to do, so left it at her place (She's a vet tech) and she's a bleeding heart for birds. s***...

Anyone want a f***ing bird?
:rolf:

I had a cockatoo once. It stole my toast once and dipped it in my f***ing coffee before eating it. Not only did he eat the toast, but I had crumbs all in my coffee. We sold that bird in the long run because he wouldn't shut the f*** up :lol:

Just dropped off my motorcycle damage claim to the city. We'll see how that goes but I'm not expecting s*** from them.

Was at our fraternity sweethearts' lake house off Lake Ontario for the weekend. Had a great time. Did my first beer chug from a pool noodle....
Knew a family a while back that had an African Grey Parrot. Big 'ol dude, really nice, and loved loved people and kids. One of their kids was a hilarious ass troll, and taught the bird to yell "BIG FAT COCK". It would be all silent, and it would just scream that, or it would scream "DIIIIICKKKKKK" in a death shriek out of nowhere. I laughed so hard.

Birds are f***ing awful pets
Dude they really are.

Day is going by lightning fast, thankfully. I need a new job ugh.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I never liked birds, or even pets for that matter. Birds are meh.

We have conures and they do get loud, but these animals are f***ing smart.
When I'm on the computer, my bird will get out of his cage and hang out on my shoulder. He doesn't bother to leave the cage otherwise.
When he has to s***, he says "go poopy" and hangs his ass off my chair and s***s in a trash can.
My girlfriend has poison dart frogs and she'll go in to spray them with a water bottle for humidity, etc and as soon as she grabs the waterbottle, they both make spray bottle sounds "psht psht psht".
We'll walk in the door from work and they both yell "Hi guys!" and make kissy sounds. f***ing hilarious.
That's pretty awesome! They are super smart. My dad has a cockatiel, it makes the sounds of potatoes peeling, and looks at itself in the mirror and says "pretty bird" over and over again.

Knew a family a while back that had an African Grey Parrot. Big 'ol dude, really nice, and loved loved people and kids. One of their kids was a hilarious ass troll, and taught the bird to yell "BIG FAT COCK". It would be all silent, and it would just scream that, or it would scream "DIIIIICKKKKKK" in a death shriek out of nowhere. I laughed so hard..
That's hilarious! :bluelol:

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Knew a family a while back that had an African Grey Parrot. Big 'ol dude, really nice, and loved loved people and kids. One of their kids was a hilarious ass troll, and taught the bird to yell "BIG FAT COCK". It would be all silent, and it would just scream that, or it would scream "DIIIIICKKKKKK" in a death shriek out of nowhere. I laughed so hard.

Dude they really are.

Day is going by lightning fast, thankfully. I need a new job ugh.
I literally laughed out loud. :bluelol:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's pretty awesome! They are super smart. My dad has a cockatiel, it makes the sounds of potatoes peeling, and looks at itself in the mirror and says "pretty bird" over and over again.

That's hilarious! :bluelol:
I sincerely wish I had an audio recording of it. It was so funny. Also had another friend who adopted a bird that said racial slurs under it's breath. Funny, but messed up.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went to go pay the utilities

... Playing games til 2am, getting 4/5 hours of sleep for almost a week now
There's your problem, get some sleep.
In other news, girlfriend is bringing home a damn cockatoo because someone "found" it in Newark and didn't know what to do, so left it at her place (She's a vet tech) and she's a bleeding heart for birds. s***...
They're not too bad

When you get past the screeching to turn the lights on, then the screeching when you left the lights on and it wants to sleep. Or when they decide to f**k with you knowing you're not comfortable around it.

Forgot I'll be back around ours full time until just now, s**t.
This.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys. Debating on selling my wings west lip to fund a new bumper

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Went to go pay the utilities
Awesome. Haha!

They're not too bad

When you get past the screeching to turn the lights on, then the screeching when you left the lights on and it wants to sleep. Or when they decide to f*** with you knowing you're not comfortable around it.
This sounds like experience :lol: Yea, exactly like that.

We've got it set up in a cage that's probably a little too small since we don't really have like 3-400 to dump on a giant cage for this thing. The gf went out and bought it toys and food n s***. Probably not a smart financial move, but she's crazy about these things, so it should have a decent home for now at least. If we end up stuck with it, I'm moving out. :roll:

My father text me last night and asked if I wanted a 1990 Honda Accord for free, just needs a muffler, can drive it home without issues. I had a brainfart and then remembered my grandmother's car. I was really close to asking him if this was a sick way of telling me she had passed away (he would do that), but instead just said "Huh?". She apparently hasn't driven it in a year and the muffler basically fell off. It's just a financial burden to her so she was going to donate it, father said donate it to me. Thanks Pops!

(Pretty much looks like this)
1990 Accord DX, auto. I think it's a wine red with a maroon interior or something awful like that and I'm pretty sure the rear quarters are rotting out. Wtf am I going to do with that?! May just get it and post some funny videos with it until it eventually dies by my hand...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally home from Indiana. What a great show but one hell of a drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Running participants in my dissertation experiment from 8AM to ~8PM. That'll be my schedule all week. 60+ hours

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My father text me last night and asked if I wanted a 1990 Honda Accord for free, just needs a muffler, can drive it home without issues. I had a brainfart and then remembered my grandmother's car. I was really close to asking him if this was a sick way of telling me she had passed away (he would do that), but instead just said "Huh?". She apparently hasn't driven it in a year and the muffler basically fell off. It's just a financial burden to her so she was going to donate it, father said donate it to me. Thanks Pops!

(Pretty much looks like this)
1990 Accord DX, auto. I think it's a wine red with a maroon interior or something awful like that and I'm pretty sure the rear quarters are rotting out. Wtf am I going to do with that?! May just get it and post some funny videos with it until it eventually dies by my hand...
Put a small amount of work into that thing and flip it! I'm sure you could get something decent out of it.

Work is beginning to bore me out of my skull. I have automated most of my tasks, so I have little actual functional tasks throughout the day. I feel it is time I move on from here.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Put a small amount of work into that thing and flip it! I'm sure you could get something decent out of it./QUOTE]

Pretty much the plan at this point, methinks. Free + cost of a muffler and some little crap, maybe net an extra 5 or 6 out of it, wouldn't be so bad.

Work is beginning to bore me out of my skull. I have automated most of my tasks, so I have little actual functional tasks throughout the day. I feel it is time I move on from here.
Reboot a server and wait for the cries. Gets me out of my midday snooze :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've been pretty busy all day doing helpdesk stuff. That, and a printer showed up today. Nobody knows who ordered it, or where in the office / warehouse it's going. Sooo it's currently sitting at my desk.

Oh, and 91 days later my motorcycle is FINALLY ready... At $610 :bs:

EDIT: Bike is back in my possession. Feels good to ride it again! Even if I had to skip lunch to pick it up, and ride directly back to work.

Last edited:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, last day at Aramark & FSU complete.

I'm free at last.

This sounds like experience :lol: Yea, exactly like that
Yep.

Finally home from Indiana. What a great show but one hell of a drive!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/22/a9u8ener.jpg
Holy s***. That truck slammed or the motor just holding it down?
EDIT: Bike is back in my possession. Feels good to ride it again! Even if I had to skip lunch to pick it up, and ride directly back to work.
Work or not, riding is riding.