What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha. You'll never catch me coppers
:lol:

Every time my dad sees a cop, he says that. For no reason. I love it.

nice, i was playing nes tecmo bowl earlier this morning. f***ing slooow
Hell yes! TecmoBowl!

For every problem, there is a solution. I'm sitting next to an engineer who is on speaker phone with 2 Lear Jet reps and I'm mashing the hell out of the 5 key, no one bats an eye. :lol:

May try to beat Ecco The Dolphin this weekend. Back story, I assume is the same as most of everyone's. In short, that game was f***ing impossible as a kid. On PS3 Sega pack, was playing it last weekend completely s***faced for fun and got to like, level 5 or whatever. Way further than I ever got as a kid actually trying. f*** that game. I need to beat it just so I can flip it off when I'm done.
Oh GOD. That game was so damned hard. Also, my old band Ecco was named after the same principle experiments that inspired Ecco the Dolphin. They were conducted by John C Lily and essentially tried to communicate with dolphins using telepathic communication. He succeeded, supposedly, then went insane.

Pfft! Says you! I'm getting paid to sit here and play Cookie Clicker and Forge of Empires. :lol:

Btw, lunch time progres: 1'326'000 CPS :D
Right!? Although I need to drive across town to the other office now. No biggie.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol: if Chris is reading this post right now he is shaking his head

I actually downloaded the Frozen game for my daughter and ive been playing it like crazy at work since theres nothing to do. f**king wasting my life away...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honestly, as a kid, I couldn't even figure out how to get out of the first level. My friends and I used to have fun trying to jump out of the water as high as we could, though. A game like that would never fly today. If you can't beat the first level relatively quickly, gamers are done with it. Nobody is going to swim through two dimensional water for hours trying to see how high they can get their low res dolphin to jump. :lol:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly, as a kid, I couldn't even figure out how to get out of the first level. My friends and I used to have fun trying to jump out of the water as high as we could, though. A game like that would never fly today. If you can't beat the first level relatively quickly, gamers are done with it. Nobody is going to swim through two dimensional water for hours trying to see how high they can get their low res dolphin to jump. :lol:
This was my struggle. I figured everyone else had the same issue. Sounds like my assumption was pretty accurate :lol:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea. I figured it out later in life. If I remember correctly, you had to jump over the rocks at the ocean surface, or something like that. It's been a while. But yea, as a kid, I just couldn't seem to get passed it. So we'd screw around for a while, then pop in Shaq Fu... :lol:

Wreckless - out of curiosity, how old are you? Wondering if we were playing it at around the same age.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea. I figured it out later in life. If I remember correctly, you had to jump over the rocks at the ocean surface, or something like that. It's been a while. But yea, as a kid, I just couldn't seem to get passed it. So we'd screw around for a while, then pop in Shaq Fu... :lol:

Wreckless - out of curiosity, how old are you? Wondering if we were playing it at around the same age.
28 in 3 weeks. So yea, likely.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sega genesis was the first console I owned. I didn't get real into video games until Nintendo 64.. Then it was super smash bros, star fox, tony hawk pro skater... All kinds of games :lol:

Then ps2.. Then xbox 360.. Where the real addiction set in.

I'm clean now though lol

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds about right. Although you're a year ahead of me. In terms of little kid years, you were a grandpa compared to me. You have no excuse for not using your experience and wisdom to beat the first level of Ecco The Dolphin.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sega genesis was the first console I owned. I didn't get real into video games until Nintendo 64.. Then it was super smash bros, star fox, tony hawk pro skater... All kinds of games :lol:

I'm clean now though lol
I had an SNES when they first came out. Got hooked right then and there! My dad bought me a Sega shortly after, along with games like Comix Zone, Sonic, Streets of Rage. I never got as into Sega as I was SNES. I bought an N64 after saving money from allowance and chores. Then, got a PS1 for Christmas one year. It was all over from there. Absolutely HOOKED haha. Only recently have I lost my strong urge to game. I still play occasionally, but not like I used to.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

I'm clean now though lol
My addiction never died. This PhD program was my last true test, but I'm approaching the end and I still use my free time to play games. It's just such a nice way for me to de-stress without being completely lazy. I received my first NES when I was three years old. I own every major console (we used to call them systems back in the day..) that was made since then, and a few minor systems (e.g., Sega CD, 32X, etc). Aaaand, now I'm making video games. :lol:

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
i started out on a second hand atari 2600, because i was poor lol. then a nes, then a genesis

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
An Atari is on my list of systems I need to get. I keep saying I'm going to buy one, but never do - probably because I know it will collect dust. I just want one to help improve the completeness of my collection. I'd also love to get an intellivision.

Some day I hope to have a nice game room. I want to build one of those mega entertainment systems that have like 20 slots so that I could give each console a slot, and then get a huge component switcher so that they are all playable relatively easily. In that same room, I want to put a pinball machine and a nice arcade cabinet. Wouldn't mind having a pool table and mini bar in that room too. That's the dream. :D

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just saw my boss's house the other day and I was blown away... so I might just be able to make some sick money some day. :lol:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went to Brookstone to check out some drones
Going to BJ's probably later or tomorrow for GoPro
Then it was Microsoft store for a Surface Pro 3
Then followed that with a stop at Tesla to talk business leasing

After being in one and spending some time around them, oh yeah, I can live with it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Played around with this beauty this morning. They should have turbo'd these like the GT2. Still a hell of car though.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good in the white/black, and that shop :drool:

Guy a few houses down has a grey/red one.
Along with a Panamera, Cayenne, 911 convertible, A/S4, Tiguan, and MP4-12C.