What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Would definitely love to own one, but for that price range, I think I'd get an M4.

I think you just lost points with [MENTION=91895]crash![/MENTION] bro. :lol:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Played around with this beauty this morning. They should have turbo'd these like the GT2. Still a hell of car though.

Pretty upset, friend that owns a 997 said he was pretty disappointed for the 70k cash he spent on the car. Prefers his supra and is300. Kinda don't know if I want one now

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty upset, friend that owns a 997 said he was pretty disappointed for the 70k cash he spent on the car. Prefers his supra and is300. Kinda don't know if I want one now

Go test drive one.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Agreed. Some people like to s**t all over things just for the sake of doing it. Porsche people tend to love their cars. Give it a try before you ditch it.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Porsche people tend to love their cars.
As mentioned in my previous post about the guy down the street from me with 4 Porsche's

Bored here. Not sure whether to keep dicking around in Photoshop, play some GTAV, or go for a drive again.
Back to cleaning up outside and make room in the garage for my car tomorrow.
Then getting ready for a trip back to Chicago

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go test drive one.
This. Just because he doesn't like it doesn't mean you won't either.
Agreed. Some people like to s*** all over things just for the sake of doing it. Porsche people tend to love their cars. Give it a try before you ditch it.
I agree with these guys. Test drive one. I can't stand BMW, doesn't mean others don't absolutely die by them.

Honestly though. If it were me, I would get a 991 C4S. s**t, you are already willing to drop a retarded amount of money on a vehicle what is another $30K? LOVE those things. Porsche really did it good when they dropped the new 911 in late 2012 and they get better every year.

Buuuuuuttttt, if we are dreaming here, I will go out and say again that I would hands down pick up a 991 TurboS if money wasn't in the mix. Flat out the fastest production vehicle I have driven to date. Would absolutely kill that 997 GT3 posted, inject it with some zombie blood to bring it back to life, and kill it all over again. All without breaking a sweat and giggling uncontrollably. Did I mention all wheel drive and all wheel steering? How about 3 stage rear spoiler and front lower spoiler that deploys depending on the speed you are going? :D

Curious to drive the new 991 GT3, although everything is anticlimactic after beating on the TurboS.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with these guys. Test drive one. I can't stand BMW, doesn't mean others don't absolutely die by them.

Honestly though. If it were me, I would get a 991 C4S. s**t, you are already willing to drop a retarded amount of money on a vehicle what is another $30K? LOVE those things. Porsche really did it good when they dropped the new 911 in late 2012 and they get better every year.

Buuuuuuttttt, if we are dreaming here, I will go out and say again that I would hands down pick up a 991 TurboS if money wasn't in the mix. Flat out the fastest production vehicle I have driven to date. Would absolutely kill that 997 GT3 posted, inject it with some zombie blood to bring it back to life, and kill it all over again. All without breaking a sweat and giggling uncontrollably. Did I mention all wheel drive and all wheel steering? How about 3 stage rear spoiler and front lower spoiler that deploys depending on the speed you are going? :D

Curious to drive the new 991 GT3, although everything is anticlimactic after beating on the TurboS.

I plan to drive his or one at the dealer, but I know we have similar taste. My biggest issue is it being a drivers car and not too high tech. I know that's what I don't like about the audi and plan to delete mostly everything

Guess I'll have to drive one and see though, older porsche might be a better fit for me though

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I plan to drive his or one at the dealer, but I know we have similar taste. My biggest issue is it being a drivers car and not too high tech. I know that's what I don't like about the audi and plan to delete mostly everything

Guess I'll have to drive one and see though, older porsche might be a better fit for me though
Confused...

You want tech or don't? You said its low tech but then said an older one might be better which are definitely no tech.

The 997s aren't really loaded with that many bits and goodies unless the PO picked all the stuff when they filled out the build sheet. Like audi Porsche didn't put the techy stuff in standard until recently.

If you don't want tech and raw power is your thing might look into an aircooled turbo. Those things are as raw as it gets and are scary to drive hard. Fun but it will pucker your butthole if you get on 'er.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Go out to the garage, instantly pissed off.
Apparently me making room in there for one vehicle before meant let's fill that space with more s*** instead.

Don't want to leave my car outside while we're in Chicago, but I'll be damned if I'm about to do that disaster of a garage alone by myself again.
Anyone have a dumpster I can use?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

More flooring work today. :D

s**t ton of laminate flooring.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Confused...

You want tech or don't? You said its low tech but then said an older one might be better which are definitely no tech.

The 997s aren't really loaded with that many bits and goodies unless the PO picked all the stuff when they filled out the build sheet. Like audi Porsche didn't put the techy stuff in standard until recently.

If you don't want tech and raw power is your thing might look into an aircooled turbo. Those things are as raw as it gets and are scary to drive hard. Fun but it will pucker your butthole if you get on 'er.

I meant as in my worry is that it will be too high tech. I hate technology, even traction control and abs.

I've heard that about the air cooled turbo Porsches and I'd like one. I need to get out and drive different cars. Doesn't matter thoufh since I'm not getting one yet, I need more room before I have 3-4 cars

Porsche or fd will be next most likely

Jermee

Registered VIP
Started my day playing final fantasy x, about to head to the gym, go buy a new motorcycle helmet after and then go kick It with some friends.

Edit: my fantasy football draft is in 4 hours as well

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been pressure washing my pool deck since last post
Time for shower & lunch, too hot now

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I meant as in my worry is that it will be too high tech. I hate technology, even traction control and abs.

I've heard that about the air cooled turbo Porsches and I'd like one. I need to get out and drive different cars. Doesn't matter thoufh since I'm not getting one yet, I need more room before I have 3-4 cars

Porsche or fd will be next most likely
Ahh. I read ya. It will definitely have that stuff. It's standard in the U.S. after a certain date and it certainly applies to the 997.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Padding down..

Done =)

Did this room too..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahh. I read ya. It will definitely have that stuff. It's standard in the U.S. after a certain date and it certainly applies to the 997.

I know, which is my worry. But it can always be deleted