What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just wanna buy a new s3 since my power button doesn't work and root it cause touchwiz is f**king gay.

It's official. We've gone into the deep end of the phone conversation :lol:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hooray for Advance picking the wrong pads for the Caddy, back I go

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hooray for Advance picking the wrong pads for the Caddy, back I go

We're saved from the phone conversation!

Now the generic parts store debate.

Should have gone to Oreilly's :cool:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advance is closest one, then Napa. Not sure if there's an Oreilly's even near here, not that I'm even a fan

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OReilly's is still around? :shock: Definitely none of those around me. Advance and Auto Zone are equally retarded by me, and literally around the block from each other. Pep Boys ousts both of them in professional hobnobery but have random this and that parts in-store that the A-Stores lack. 6 of 1, half dozen of the other.

Amazon Prime has gotten me things faster than the 3 walk-in stores, and it's been correct. Plus, I don't need to sit and listen to a guy tell me a universal part is going to fix my car and a 1970 Chevy K10, I can just tell Amazon what I need and I get a box in a day or two :D

That's only if you're ballin' out on Prime :cool:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My girl had prime for a while before we fell into this financial slump. Definitely worth the money if you frequently purchase through amazon. She used it for the video streaming fairly often.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had amazon student and got prime free for a year but I barely used it.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word: my dad is the same way. He's grandfathered in to an unlimited data plan that AT&T no longer offers, so he's been holding out on upgrading. Can't say I blame him.
Same here haha. I'm grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited data tier, and I don't want to renew my contract because of that. Not gonna have a choice soon, though.

I had amazon student and got prime free for a year but I barely used it.
You're messing up. Prime is pretty awesome, but expensive as s**t.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Same here haha. I'm grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited data tier, and I don't want to renew my contract because of that. Not gonna have a choice soon, though.

You're messing up. Prime is pretty awesome, but expensive as s**t.
I couldn't afford anything.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I spent $100 for Amazon Prime and I think I've set up like almost 30 orders. All had free 2 days shipping. Factor in the cost for even the most basic ground shipping and it's STILL more than paid for itself. I order a ton of crap, just because Amazon is like a cheaper, online Walmart. So why not.

I was grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited data until I upgraded. They're finding every way possible to boot everyone from that plan. It's just not going to be around anymore. I can't stand the fact that the other carriers are setting up this thing where you pay $0 up front for a phone, but pay the full price for it in increments over the duration of the contract. f**king stupid. No incentive left to upgrade a phone through them. Google charges $350 for a Nexus 5 and it's a phenomenal phone. The 6 will obviously be the step up. So why pay 6-700 for a phone through the carriers? f**k that.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This pool cleaner is driving me up the wall because it keeps getting stuck sonewhere sonehow

Brakes on the Caddy are done

Bedroom is just about done

Dog and bird at their little hotels

Next up is putting the S in the garage once I move a few things around

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, so you did wind up cleaning that whole garage again :lol:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not yet, 'bout to. Not f***ing happy about it though, but I'd rather do it and come back to a car than not and not.

12:13, driving to Chicago

Last edited:

Jermee

Registered VIP
Yesterday went as such. Worked till 4, napped till 6:30, played final fantasy till 11...I'm determined to finally beat that game as I never did when it was on ps2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I spent $100 for Amazon Prime and I think I've set up like almost 30 orders. All had free 2 days shipping. Factor in the cost for even the most basic ground shipping and it's STILL more than paid for itself. I order a ton of crap, just because Amazon is like a cheaper, online Walmart. So why not.

I was grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited data until I upgraded. They're finding every way possible to boot everyone from that plan. It's just not going to be around anymore. I can't stand the fact that the other carriers are setting up this thing where you pay $0 up front for a phone, but pay the full price for it in increments over the duration of the contract. f**king stupid. No incentive left to upgrade a phone through them. Google charges $350 for a Nexus 5 and it's a phenomenal phone. The 6 will obviously be the step up. So why pay 6-700 for a phone through the carriers? f**k that.
I want the 5 so bad, but Verizon's little hissy fit with Google pisses me off and I can't bring myself to go to sprint right now.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am so f***ed when my lease is up.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have absolutely no one to move in with. My roommate is moving in with her boyfriend...