What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I thought about that for quite a while, could have turned right or kept going straight and she'd be SOL. There's no way in hell I was going anywhere near fast enough to not be able to stop on a dime if someone ran out in front of me. Oh well, didn't affect me at all money/point-wise

pantyraid

=^.^=
What a load of horseshit

Ok, so at the end of Whitehead St & Front St in Key West, there's a triangle
I was coming from Duval down Front to park and stop at my moms gallery
Saw a female cop issuing a ticket to a red motorcycle
Drove by them looking for parking at *maybe* 10-15mph
It's always packed with tourists around there, can't speed
So I go around this triangle onto Greene and heard the cop yell
wtf? let's go see what she wants (sounded pissed)
So I go back and she yells at me to pull to the side
Start to get out and she freaked
Told me to stay in, yada yada yada
Ended up lecturing me about my speed (what speed?)
And got hit with "too fast for conditions" because she had no f**king clue how slow I was going
But thanks to the Invidia exhaust + yellow sports car = motherfucker, you were speeding.

See above.

Although I have met a couple cool ones
Including one that helped me out when she was KWPD, and later downgraded my speed when she caught me after converting back to FHP to save me points & money

I can remember just about any stop. Almost.
Including an FHP guy that pulled me over in my POS green 96 DX Hatch (lawl) and we ended up talking about how modding cars are to get pussy (his words, not mine)
GOD I hate s**t like that, getting punished for doing the right thing when there would be no consequences if you didn't

I'm no stranger to the whole 'cars seem like they're going way faster from a standing on the street point of view' thing either, we work at a pizza place and the bf is a driver, and it's happened a few times just when I was with him on a run (and many more times that I wasn't there for) where we were going maybe 15 mph max in a 25 zone and some guy (it's always some annoying middle aged white guy haha) starts screaming at us for 'flying down the street' (they usually also tend to point out that 'there's CHILDREN in this neighborhood!')

I've also gotten a few calls from people claiming that our drivers were recklessly speeding around neighborhoods, there's two drivers that I would definitely believe that about but some of the ones I've had calls about were some of our slowest drivers and the person was most definitely severely exaggerating

If they see a sports car, a brightly painted car, a food delivery sign, or probably just any coupe, it's going 'too fast'

I always think how people with vehicles in those categories should just have something constantly recording their speed so they can prove how dumb some people are

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I remember getting calls like that when I managed a Papa John's.

Started recording my drives recently but just out of boredom, not to prove I'm in the clear because admittedly I drive aggressively. Fast, but very aware/observant, point A to point B and no stopping to smell the roses.

Although I wish I would have recorded the other night when I nearly rear-ended an Aventador and then trolled him for a few blocks and came out on top....only to almost hit some jay-walking pedestrians completely oblivious to me.

pantyraid

=^.^=
Yeah I remember getting calls like that when I managed a Papa John's.

Started recording my drives recently but just out of boredom, not to prove I'm in the clear because admittedly I drive aggressively. Fast, but very aware/observant, point A to point B and no stopping to smell the roses.

Although I wish I would have recorded the other night when I nearly rear-ended an Aventador and then trolled him for a few blocks and came out on top....only to almost hit some jay-walking pedestrians completely oblivious to me.
Haha I must say, one of the best things about having a broken down car is not having to worry about morons running out into the street in front of you

s**t, people like that are even worse than deer, at least deer have a physiological excuse for being dipshits

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi everyone. Haven't been on in awhile, I'm not a fan off the tapatalk app and super busy with life.

Got more done on the house, and the puppy keeps me busy

Garage currently has three broken cars for me to fix but the Audi is my daily and doing well

I hope everyone is doing well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What all is in the garage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's wrong with the jeep? I forgot you had that.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's wrong with the jeep? I forgot you had that.

u joint is about to explode. Needs flares built and reinforced for the bumpers. Trans isn't shifting right.

Gotta fab up rad support brackets for BMW

Jetta needs quite a bit of work or it'll be parted out

Audi is on daily duty, looking for another car to fix up and make a fun daily

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good thing those two FHP Charger's can't park 100ft farther up ;)

Ugh, hate traffic. Just want to get there & eat

In keeping with thread, stopped at Honda again for another pedal plug and am currently 17mi outside of Key West.

pantyraid

=^.^=
Hi everyone. Haven't been on in awhile, I'm not a fan off the tapatalk app and super busy with life.

Got more done on the house, and the puppy keeps me busy

Garage currently has three broken cars for me to fix but the Audi is my daily and doing well

I hope everyone is doing well!

D'awww that puppy is adorable

What breed is he? (She?) It looks sort of like a pit bull but then it has that wrinkly forehead that reminds me of a boxer

Whatever it is, that's the most adorable dog I've seen in a long time =)

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's just a Honda, chill.
I don't think it's pulled this many heads since I had the hood & wheels on it

Stares by Alex Maas, on Flickr

Let alone the girl at the gas station later asking about the GoPro, top speed, etc.
Wish I had it recording then but she caught me a couple seconds before hitting it.

Anyway.
Key West trip was a waste of time, hoping to get a good deal of real work done tomorrow
Going through a little of the time lapses and some videos taken today before bed

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I don't see any fine trim turning their heads your way in those pics :lol:

Got everything thermal coated and baked and ordered by new CHRA. Kicking around colors to coat my compressor housing with.
Should just go with black since you can't see the damn thing anyway under the engine cover.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Fine trim doesn't come out until night, during the day they're either sleeping off the previous night or at the beach. :lol:

Picked up some new leads
Only heard back from one so far, another rental (#3 or 4 now in the past 2 weeks)
Wasted some time at the office
Weekly S2000 meet tonight
Wasted more time since getting back
And oh, look at that, it's already 3:30 and I wanted to be asleep 2 hours ago. s**t.