XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You know you can sue them for damages. Thats negligence on their behalf resulting in property damages. If you have good insurance, call and ask.
Thats not being sue happy. Thats legit. They're not suppose to fling sh*t off an overpass with oncoming vehicles. I bet you they even have insurance for such things. Let something similar to that happen to your truck and see if you're so blindly forgiving then.
The thing is, it wasn't negligence. The snow barriers were in place, I just happened to be going under the highway at the exact moment the plow came though.. snow barriers are basically giant fences with screens. But really nobody was at fault.

It was one of those giant state plow trucks, not a contracted one. So I'd be filing a claim with the state... again. I did that two years ago when I hit a gigantic pothole on the highway and almost dropped my bike doing 60. 9 months later I got reimbursed for the bike damage (rim repair, new tire, 2 bent front forks.. no idea how I didn't fly off the bike).

Honestly, it's not even worth it to deal with it. I can't prove which dings and dents the plow ice caused.. the hood is already riddled with similar looking dents. If I need, my housemate's father owns a body shop and I can go to him for cheap.. he painted my lip over the summer and it came out absolutely professional. I watched him mix the paint, and he was so specific in color matching down to the drop.

I haven't washed the car yet (7-13" today/tomorrow), so after that passes I'll wash and see what the damage really is.. I don't see any dents, which is good!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah, ok. Yeah, that changes my outlook then. At least we're on the same page. I dont like seeing people get screwed over carelessness.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ah, ok. Yeah, that changes my outlook then. At least we're on the same page. I dont like seeing people get screwed over carelessness.
Yeah, I'm definitely not afraid to speak up and be adamant about something if it's because of negligence. The pothole I hit was so large you could see it from Google Maps... which helped immensely along with the pictures I took (standing on the highway taking pictures wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done). After my complaint they patched it within 2 days.

You guys are crazy. lol. I kind of hate it. But just gotta suck it up. Honestly, I'm afraid of not being able to get a job after school and being independent again.
I mean, when I was in college I wanted to be out. Now that I'm out, I miss it. There were always people just hanging around my place randomly. I miss the fraternity days mostly. We got into an internal prank wars thing once.. s**t got so intense we decided to call it quits after it became bear mase vs a taser... :lol:

If you can, look into internships or co-ops while you're in school. That was actually mandatory for us to graduate, I needed a year of co-op paid employment to get my degree. That helps!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
... holy snow :shock:

ABOUT FREAKING TIME! And just in time... snowboard trip up in VT this weekend.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No snow here in Georgia :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bed at 2-2:30am Sunday night
Up at 6am Monday
Tire shop at 7am
95-105mph cruise to Tampa (3-4hrs)
3-4hrs sitting at car dealer
Back in Miami around 10pm
Detail car until 2am
Bed at 3am

Just want to sleep some more

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Work work work..

Switching to night shift this weekend. Hate nights.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Off to VT tomorrow for a snowboard trip. 15 of us have a condo rented out right on the base. Too bad the snow report isn't too good and the weather is supposed to rain on Saturday :roll:

I plan on getting a case of Heady Topper and maybe some other fancy beers though.

PS I finally cracked a beer from my first homebrew last month... success!

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got an $18 parking ticket from some company based out of IL, so going to look into disputing that one

Just checked the 'Gram to see that Kris wrecked his Pagani earlier in South Beach, rather some lady drove into it but still. Time to drive the Veneno or Aventador until it's fixed.

Debating whether to go for a drive or just do that tomorrow night. Although might be going to happy hour and then out afterwards, so who knows. Might even play with the cars tomorrow while I have this Jeep to putt around in

HockeyZombies

Respected
2015 Civic had warranty repairs so they gave me a new accord sport 4dr black to drive. Nice car. Am brewing some Czech Pilsner brew and another week will be week 3 of carbonation and its headed to the ice box. Oh and we beat the Flyers in Hockey...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Couple more days just turned into atleast another week if not longer....

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bruh, ill be in colorado in may. you best find your way to where i am.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Drove around for nearly 100 miles.
Sent the Jeep back home after 5 days (600+/- mi) with it.
Got some Chick-Fil-A and Subway for lunch and late-lunch.
Cleaned some stuff up at the house so I can whore out the FB & CL fs sections.
Have been knocking out a few pics from yesterdays autocross at the Speedway and also going through my YouTube channel editing/deleting videos.

Probably stopping by the storage unit tomorrow to sell a few things and bring the tool box home.
Maybe swing by some kit car place next door to it while there, they make a McLaren F1 styled replica powered by either an MR2-T, K20a2, or LS1 powertrain for $16k-40k

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
.....work. First shift back on nights and I'm dragging hard.

I haven't been on here in a while. I've just been working but I know that's no excuse. For those of you that don't know, my mom has dementia. I've been helping to take care of her on my days off, so that's been my life lately. Work and take care of my mom.

Dementia sucks. It won't be long before she forgets who I am. She can hardly hold a conversation as it is. Her neurologist said the back of her brain has shrunk tremendously, but they prescribed her this patch that's supposed to slow down the memory loss. Not stop it, but slow it down.

Not trying to bum everyone out, just figured I'd share what I've been doing lately.