What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
.....work. First shift back on nights and I'm dragging hard.

I haven't been on here in a while. I've just been working but I know that's no excuse. For those of you that don't know, my mom has dementia. I've been helping to take care of her on my days off, so that's been my life lately. Work and take care of my mom.

Dementia sucks. It won't be long before she forgets who I am. She can hardly hold a conversation as it is. Her neurologist said the back of her brain has shrunk tremendously, but they prescribed her this patch that's supposed to slow down the memory loss. Not stop it, but slow it down.

Not trying to bum everyone out, just figured I'd share what I've been doing lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Thats no good. Seeing people getting old and dealing with death sucks.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
.....work. First shift back on nights and I'm dragging hard.

I haven't been on here in a while. I've just been working but I know that's no excuse. For those of you that don't know, my mom has dementia. I've been helping to take care of her on my days off, so that's been my life lately. Work and take care of my mom.

Dementia sucks. It won't be long before she forgets who I am. She can hardly hold a conversation as it is. Her neurologist said the back of her brain has shrunk tremendously, but they prescribed her this patch that's supposed to slow down the memory loss. Not stop it, but slow it down.

Not trying to bum everyone out, just figured I'd share what I've been doing lately.
Wishing you, your mom, and fam the best man.

Here's my take from VT over the weekend:

Lucked out tremendously picking up some Heady. First store I walked in to, they were totally sold out. There was a big sign saying "Heady Topper Delivery Schedule.... Friday 5pm."... It was 4:50pm. So I literally waited in a line of people, they rolled out some Heady, and I picked up my two 4-pack max. And some other good beers. Oh and Second Fiddle is incredible too.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Drove the S again for 2 5mi stints. It's still acting up a little but now I'm borrowing a $4k+ Snap-On scanner of some kind so hopefully that helps pinpoint what the hell is going on in there so I can finally have a reliable car again, already saw that it says I have a misfire on cylinders 1 & 3, so I'll tackle that tomorrow and then hook it up to the Civic to see if it makes that one any easier.

Have also been thinking about getting a condo by the water for about a year now, just found myself looking at warehouses instead for the past hour. About half the price of a waterfront-ish condo, but so much room for automotive activities and storage then just live out of it too on the second floor. As long as I can put a lift in there, wasn't allowed to at the last one and that kinda ruins the whole point.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would be cool as hell. ^^

Stepbrothers popped in my head "there's so much room for activities!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been sick the past couple days. Had to postpone a Tinder date :lol: Back at work today though.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn. I don't think I could do that, and I have nobody to even come home to haha. Major props for that.
It's miserable that's for sure. I don't enjoy it one bit, but its better than not having a job which is a possibility everyday in my industry.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Starting to consider a different job or career altogether.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Took down over $5000 in poker winnings today. Good times.

Thursday Ill be in the $260 satellite tournament to get a seat in the MSPT $200,000 guarantee. Just have to survive into the top 20 and I'm in the big game Day 1A on Friday. Paying out the top 70 seats, f**king exciting. Estimated top prize right now is over $47,000.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took down over $5000 in poker winnings today. Good times.

Thursday Ill be in the $260 satellite tournament to get a seat in the MSPT $200,000 guarantee. Just have to survive into the top 20 and I'm in the big game Day 1A on Friday. Paying out the top 70 seats, f**king exciting. Estimated top prize right now is over $47,000.
I wish i was good enough to play a tournament like that

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wish i was good enough to play a tournament like that
Right! The only time I've truly come out way on top was New Years Eve in Vegas because everyone was shitfaced at my table. Usually I end up losing slightly or winning slightly, never much to make a difference.

[tag]@Spooled@[/tag] congrats! Good luck in the tourny

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh, and... inspection expires today. CEL just popped on. Talk about bad timing. I guess I'll have to dig into that after work instead of heading to the gym. Which, I've been going for two months now... a new record! And I stopped :biz: .. honestly I feel great.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, and... inspection expires today. CEL just popped on. Talk about bad timing. I guess I'll have to dig into that after work instead of heading to the gym. Which, I've been going for two months now... a new record! And I stopped :biz: .. honestly I feel great.
So glad there are no inspections here. I'd never have a legal vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got home from the hospital. Had to take my mum to the ER because she was complaining about chest pains and symptoms of an anxiety attack. They had to keep her at least overnight.

Things just don't go well for me anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk