What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everyone can have an opinion and everyone can do whatever they wish with the money earned from their business. it's a free country in that respect. it's just up to consumers to decide with their wallets as to whether or not they agree/disagree with what that business/businessowner is doing. cathy can choose to do whatever the hell he wants to do. me, personally, will just choose not to do business with him. =)
Thats funny. It made me want to go give them more of my business.
so we agree then anfrey that personal opinons are just that. opinions. and they might make some people dislike u and others like u.

I personally like to leave all of those opinions out of my day to day life. I go get food where the food is good at. and there are lots of people like me as well. we just dont care what other people think

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont hate or dislike anyone for their beliefs. I think its pretty cool for people not to be afraid to say what they think. Anfrey is still my homeboy!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont hate or dislike anyone for their beliefs. I think its pretty cool for people not to be afraid to say what they think. Anfrey is still my homeboy!
mine too. I like most people as long as they aren't a boring part of the flock.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
You have them up there. I went to one in Boulder last year.

They openly stated they do not support gay marriage. Not a big deal, everyone's entitled to their opinion. The problem was when the CEO publicly CONDEMNED gay people, and gay marriage, THEN funneled money into organizations that stood firmly and publicly against gay rights. When you decide to take a firm stance on something, you better be ready for the backlash. They lost a lot of corporate sponsors, and several (I think something like 60%) of their major partners severed ties completely. It was so bad, they had to make a public statement saying they'd never discuss the topic again.

If you have an opinion, that's fine, but sometimes it's best to just shut up. In this case, Chick-Fil-A made themselves look like asses to the entire civilized world.
They were in a lose lose situation. Had they said they supported gay marriage people would diss them because he didn't stick to his beliefs. Personally I don't give two shits. Let gays be married. My life still goes on. I give him respect still for keeping to his belief even though he knew it would Piss people off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like how all this started over me mentioning that i ate at chic-fil-a...

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
so we agree then anfrey that personal opinons are just that. opinions. and they might make some people dislike u and others like u.

I personally like to leave all of those opinions out of my day to day life. I go get food where the food is good at. and there are lots of people like me as well. we just dont care what other people think
it's all part of what people want out of their transactions and where they want to see their money going. to put it into another perspective, it would be like whether you wanted to go eat at a restaurant that funded drug trafficking, or contributed towards breast cancer awareness, or funded terrorism, or whatever else. some people don't care where their money goes, while others do. in the end, everyone is free to choose whatever they wish and voice their opinions not only by speech, but also, like i mentioned earlier, with their wallets.

i don't either and greatly respect those that will stick to their guns. i may or may not agree with them (or their beliefs), but that's a different discussion altogether =) we all believe in different things here and it's great that we can put all that aside and still get along. our personal beliefs are exactly that - personal.

mine too. I like most people as long as they aren't a boring part of the flock.
but you just described 'most people' ;)

They were in a lose lose situation. Had they said they supported gay marriage people would diss them because he didn't stick to his beliefs. Personally I don't give two s***s. Let gays be married. My life still goes on. I give him respect still for keeping to his belief even though he knew it would Piss people off.
people are smart enough to see a marketing backpedal and the insincerity it portrays. like you said, cathy was stuck between a rock and a hard place, so to say. it was definitely a lose-lose, as you described, and he did the only thing he could save face with, which was to STFU. personally, i'm on the side of equality (as opposed to bigotry), but everyone can have their own opinion. like i said, i choose not to do business with him nor his enterprise. unfortunately, the true losers here are the restaurant franchisees who may or may not agree (or even have an opinion) on the subject. then again, i wouldn't purchase a franchise without researching it well. i love their breakfast food and really miss eating it, but i'd rather my money not go towards suppressing equality. i'll go support my local fag-loving diner instead. =)

aneidiaztorres

Still at work. Yet another 12 hour shift. Not as tired as I thought I'd be. I feel pretty energetic:D:D:D:D:D ....... Anyhow, been a smooth day. Gonna go home at 3 am EASTERN TIME and call it a night.

emerican

Registered VIP
went to work from 5 to close, got off work did everything i needed to do came home gave the baby a bath then i took a shower now just eating and surfing cc

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but you just described 'most people' ;)
those things aren't people :P they're drones.

my personal thoughts are that personal things are just that. and a panel of old as dirt f**ks who jack off wasting money all day shouldn't have anything to do with it. and a ton of other crap they mess with. since when did everyone have to agree on things together. we're all different people.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Enjoying a three day weekend before finals. Then going to work 12hr shifts every day until school starts again. Cant wait for those 80+ hours a week checks!