What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

djroadking

Heading to Lexington this evening then next week heading to my girlfriends place for a week and afterwords going to a music festival the next weekend (the 15th of June).

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know alarms work when the phone is silenced, right? :lol:

Both of my bosses are loaded, and when I mean loaded, I mean multiple million dollar homes in multiple cities, and quite a few of our 24 properties we own in various states across the country NET over a milliion annually.

I didn't know what loaded was, until I came here. I also didn't realize how professional the professional corporate business world was until here. No joke, I'm taking paralegal and professional etiquette classes. It sucks. (notice professional is out the door when I'm not working? lol)
... I had no idea :oops:

Dude, that sounds like here except the clientele are loaded. But the employees are super chill. I just feel like the poor kid from the boonies when I talk to some of these customers.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
... I had no idea :oops:

Dude, that sounds like here except the clientele are loaded. But the employees are super chill. I just feel like the poor kid from the boonies when I talk to some of these customers.
I'm the 2nd lowest paid in the company, and I make good money now, yet I feel like the poor person too, and definitely the least refined. But, I've never worked this high profile of a company before, and we all start somewhere, ya know? No one has been with this company under 8 years, which really turned me on even more to accepting the position. It's a very odd dynamic here, very quiet. No one talks, no pleasantries unless it's a luncheon. I sit in my (large/nice) office working away, alone all day. It's quite an adjustment, and sometimes hurts my feelings that people aren't social here, but we're just so high profile and busy that no one has time.
Everyone is super nice, just busy. You can tell they want to chit chat though at times.

Our clientelle are loaded, owners loaded, co-workers loaded.

BTW, doc not found, boss isn't mad, boss is requesting a recorded copy, I'm relieved, but still wanna throw myself out of the window!!!!!!!!!!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm the 2nd lowest paid in the company, and I make good money now, yet I feel like the poor person too, and definitely the least refined. But, I've never worked this high profile of a company before, and we all start somewhere, ya know? No one has been with this company under 8 years, which really turned me on even more to accepting the position. It's a very odd dynamic here, very quiet. No one talks, no pleasantries unless it's a luncheon. I sit in my (large/nice) office working away, alone all day. It's quite an adjustment, and sometimes hurts my feelings that people aren't social here, but we're just so high profile and busy that no one has time.
Everyone is super nice, just busy. You can tell they want to chit chat though at times.

BTW, doc not found, boss isn't mad, boss is requesting a recorded copy, I'm relieved, but still wanna throw myself out of the window!!!!!!!!!!
There's a definite difference between "rich" people and "wealthy" people. Wealthy people are hard-working, professional, go-getters that have EARNED their keep. The rich are sniveling little assholes that were either trust fund kids, or born into money. I have some very, very wealthy people in my close family. They have snooty friends, who really don't vibe well with us, but due to our responsibilities with the business ventures we're involved in, we are in contact with them constantly. We're just not those kinds of people. We're the show up on a Ferarri dealership in camo shorts, a Cabella's hat, and a tank top, looking to test drive a 360 Modena (this actually happened) kind of people. We're the load up the wings of a Flacon 7X full of Budweiser and fly to Mexico for the weekend kind of people. We got weird looks from "rich" people lol.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

That would be weird, just being super quiet all day. Everyone's a jokester here. Even the manager. Someone got him a monocole and he won't. Stop. Wearing it.

I feel better, I got to drive this. I pass everyone going "I have more torque than you.... and you...."

Attachments

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a definite difference between "rich" people and "wealthy" people. Wealthy people are hard-working, professional, go-getters that have EARNED their keep. The rich are sniveling little assholes that were either trust fund kids, or born into money. I have some very, very wealthy people in my close family. They have snooty friends, who really don't vibe well with us, but due to our responsibilities with the business ventures we're involved in, we are in contact with them constantly. We're just not those kinds of people. We're the show up on a Ferarri dealership in camo shorts, a Cabella's hat, and a tank top, looking to test drive a 360 Modena (this actually happened) kind of people. We're the load up the wings of a Flacon 7X full of Budweiser and fly to Mexico for the weekend kind of people. We got weird looks from "rich" people lol.
I absolutely agree upon the difference. My bosses are definitely weathly, and don't really show it, which to me is smart. They invest like mad, and have been in business since 1979, and my youngest boss is only only 44.

We are selling a condo they own for personal and business use, and just ONE of my bosses had multiple millions in a single account. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that. Of course I then went through the entire file to see what else was in there. :lol:

What I've noticed is, the more money people have, they're generally more stupid, and it's really rather annoying. The only really intelligent wealthy that I've come across are in the finance business, or medical, of some sort. Which, we deal in both.

We have our own distributor for wine (we bought out a distributor b/c my bosses love wine that much and wanted it at cost), and the people that call us are SO STUPID! You can tell they have money and just want to drink it up. I sat on the phone for almost 20 minutes explaining to a woman about 4 diff cabs that we have by a certain vinyard, and she kepting saying it was a cab. Well no s**t lady, which one?! ugh

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would be weird, just being super quiet all day. Everyone's a jokester here. Even the manager. Someone got him a monocole and he won't. Stop. Wearing it.

I feel better, I got to drive this. I pass everyone going "I have more torque than you.... and you...."
I would wreck that thing. Seriously, there's so much on the screens to look at and play with!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would wreck that thing. Seriously, there's so much on the screens to look at and play with!
I'd wreck it just by driving. it just squats and launches everywhere and anywhere.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, looks like I'm dropping $300 to have my wheel bearing a stud replaced. Ugh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude f**k that, do it yourself? I mean wheel bearings are a b***h but way better than spending three hundred bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude f*** that, do it yourself? I mean wheel bearings are a b**** but way better than spending three hundred bucks.

I don't have a machine to press the hub out.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I absolutely agree upon the difference. My bosses are definitely weathly, and don't really show it, which to me is smart. They invest like mad, and have been in business since 1979, and my youngest boss is only only 44.

We are selling a condo they own for personal and business use, and just ONE of my bosses had multiple millions in a single account. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that. Of course I then went through the entire file to see what else was in there. :lol:

What I've noticed is, the more money people have, they're generally more stupid, and it's really rather annoying. The only really intelligent wealthy that I've come across are in the finance business, or medical, of some sort. Which, we deal in both.

We have our own distributor for wine (we bought out a distributor b/c my bosses love wine that much and wanted it at cost), and the people that call us are SO STUPID! You can tell they have money and just want to drink it up. I sat on the phone for almost 20 minutes explaining to a woman about 4 diff cabs that we have by a certain vinyard, and she kepting saying it was a cab. Well no s*** lady, which one?! ugh
Absolutely. We keep it low key, because my family worked their way into money. Most of us (namely, my parents) are suuuuper modest. My dad drives a 2014 F150 Eco Boost, my mom drives an 04 BMW 325i. They're not flamboyant, or terribly expensive cars, but they do fine for them.
My family made their money in land development, architectural engineering, and most recently aviation management and distribution (my dad does all of this). They keep it low key and lax, and don't spend spend spend. It keeps us all in good shape. I envy the way my family has maintained their empires through some of the craziest economical times in recent memory.

I'd wreck it just by driving. it just squats and launches everywhere and anywhere.
Holy s**t, the interior of that car is rad!

Dude f*** that, do it yourself? I mean wheel bearings are a b**** but way better than spending three hundred bucks.

Seriously. That's what I'd do!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good call, I'd do the same.
I don't have a machine to press the hub out.
Remove ityourself, take it to a shop to have pressed out, do the rest of the work on your own. Shops do that all the time. Way cheaper!
Absolutely. We keep it low key, because my family worked their way into money. Most of us (namely, my parents) are suuuuper modest. My dad drives a 2014 F150 Eco Boost, my mom drives an 04 BMW 325i. They're not flamboyant, or terribly expensive cars, but they do fine for them.
My family made their money in land development, architectural engineering, and most recently aviation management and distribution (my dad does all of this). They keep it low key and lax, and don't spend spend spend. It keeps us all in good shape. I envy the way my family has maintained their empires through some of the craziest economical times in recent memory.
The true wealthy don't suffer in rough times. They've invested so much effort, time, and manage money so well they will be just fine. My boss is an inspiration to me, but by no means do I have the plans to be wealthy - it's just not in my cards for this lifetime. I don't necessarily WANT to be wealthy either. Everyone thinks they have is so easy, which is quite the opposite if they're smart. Most rich people pay someone to handle their money. While the wealthy may too, they're much more involved, and know where a lot of the investments are, and details of them.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't.... keep....... eyes.................op...en.......

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Another 10hr conference over with.
Starting the 4hr drive home.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hired another programmer for my team today and already it's interesting. She is quite attractive and has more skills then most of my tenured people. Sadly the guys I work with cant seem to talk to her it's like they are scared haha. I'm a nerd just like them but I guess I have people skills, at least it will be amusing to watch.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good call, I'd do the same.

Remove ityourself, take it to a shop to have pressed out, do the rest of the work on your own. Shops do that all the time. Way cheaper!

The true wealthy don't suffer in rough times. They've invested so much effort, time, and manage money so well they will be just fine. My boss is an inspiration to me, but by no means do I have the plans to be wealthy - it's just not in my cards for this lifetime. I don't necessarily WANT to be wealthy either. Everyone thinks they have is so easy, which is quite the opposite if they're smart. Most rich people pay someone to handle their money. While the wealthy may too, they're much more involved, and know where a lot of the investments are, and details of them.
I'm not sure if the one I go to would let me do that. I'll have to ask.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't.... keep....... eyes.................op...en.......
I woke up from the panic I was in earlier. I just got done cleaning the house, and am now having a glass of chardonnay while waiting for Rob to get home so he can make pizza for dinner. :cool: