What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What do they do for a living?
My uncle is one of the bigger land developers (both commercial and residential) in Northern Colorado. He's very esteemed because he's a green developer. He doesn't level surrounding areas to build, he'll build housing/structures using the natural setting (i.e. utilize a hill/mountain for the structure by building into it, rather than disturbing the ecosystem). There is a very tiny lake where a species of Canadian goose migrate yearly. They'll literally ONLY go to this lake. He, along with the state and county (Weld County) made it illegal to build within something like a mile or two of that area, to preserve their ecosystem and way of life. He's awesome, and his ideologies are very inspiring.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now I want to meet this guy. Sounds awesome!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now I want to meet this guy. Sounds awesome!
He's a really cool guy, and has a heart of gold. He gives the most heartfelt motivating speeches I've ever heard.. this is his pride and joy, btw. He developed this entire area from absolutely nothing (it was old rural farmland that was in danger of being turned into industrial areas when he bought it, and built this):
Water Valley and Pelican Lakes

EDIT: Martin (my uncle) and my father are two of the most inspirational people I've ever read about/had the pleasure of knowing. Both of them started life as relatively poor farmers, and are now incredibly successful. Martin is living proof that with the right state of mind, sheer determination, and the right ideologies, we can all achieve our goals. Mind you, this is a man who dropped out of college one semester in, and is now the pinnacle of success. Not to mention, that whole oil thing going on in Colorado (if the hippies will relax) is RIGHT on his land.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He's a really cool guy, and has a heart of gold. He gives the most heartfelt motivating speeches I've ever heard.. this is his pride and joy, btw. He developed this entire area from absolutely nothing (it was old rural farmland that was in danger of being turned into industrial areas when he bought it, and built this):
Water Valley and Pelican Lakes

EDIT: Martin (my uncle) and my father are two of the most inspirational people I've ever read about/had the pleasure of knowing. Both of them started life as relatively poor farmers, and are now incredibly successful. Martin is living proof that with the right state of mind, sheer determination, and the right ideologies, we can all achieve our goals. Mind you, this is a man who dropped out of college one semester in, and is now the pinnacle of success. Not to mention, that whole oil thing going on in Colorado (if the hippies will relax) is RIGHT on his land.
Does he have kids?

Sent from my Note 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Twisted my foot at work today. Was going to help a friend park the car he was pulling through the lot, and landed my foot into a 4 inch hole which twisted it 90 degrees and now I have a half dollar size swollen bubble on the right side of my right foot. Not freaking good considering I have no health insurance, I have to work tomorrow night, and I'm leaving for school on Saturday. Hopefully its nothing serious and just swelled up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Twisted my foot at work today. Was going to help a friend park the car he was pulling through the lot, and landed my foot into a 4 inch hole which twisted it 90 degrees and now I have a half dollar size swollen bubble on the right side of my right foot. Not freaking good considering I have no health insurance, I have to work tomorrow night, and I'm leaving for school on Saturday. Hopefully its nothing serious and just swelled up.

Ice it, keep it elevated, and take some ibuprofen. Stay off of it unless you have to. You'll be good.

I used to skate and I'd twist my ankle all the time. Just rest up.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ice it, keep it elevated, and take some ibuprofen. Stay off of it unless you have to. You'll be good.

I used to skate and I'd twist my ankle all the time. Just rest up.
Yeah, I'm gonna do that now. Thank god it happened at the end of the auction so I didn't have to walk and drive like that for the rest of the night. Gonna grab my laptop and maybe watch Netflix or something and ice it till I feel like falling asleep.

you can see the bulge on my right foot compared to the left near the heel.
uploadfromtaptalk1376537982935.jpg

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Boss asked me to take his Harley to the gas station and fill her up. Not my usual day at the pharmacy and I'd never ridden a harley so that was interesting haha

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can wrap it up hear anything pop?
Nope. I have it wrapped up in ice right now, feels a s*** ton better. I didn't have any ibuprofen so I took some acetaminophen. It's swollen and black and blue. Think that's all the damage.

Anyways, finally got my laptop looking the way I want it for school. Running Ubuntu 13.04 on a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 15.4" notebook, 3 GB of DDR2 RAM, 2ghz AMD Turion X2 Dual Core processor, and a 320GB hard drive.

Attachments

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does he have kids?

Sent from my Note 2
:lol: yeah they have a few. Tyler, their oldest son, is 22 and has a narcotics problem.. no surprise there haha

Guy still wants $1300 for it and it smokes like hell he says. Will be going to check it out this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope and nope. Smoking is bad news, bud.

Boss asked me to take his Harley to the gas station and fill her up. Not my usual day at the pharmacy and I'd never ridden a harley so that was interesting haha
Dafuq? That's weird. Dunno if I'd be cool with driving someone's Harley.

Nope. I have it wrapped up in ice right now, feels a s*** ton better. I didn't have any ibuprofen so I took some acetaminophen. It's swollen and black and blue. Think that's all the damage.

Anyways, finally got my laptop looking the way I want it for school. Running Ubuntu 13.04 on a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 15.4" notebook, 3 GB of DDR2 RAM, 2ghz AMD Turion X2 Dual Core processor, and a 320GB hard drive.

Ubuntu.. school.. WUT

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Didn't sleep AT ALL last night. I'm a grumpy panda.