What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got home after a night shooting pool. Got on Instagram, noticed "The King" was in town.
Went back to South Beach and took some photos. Will definitely have to see it in the daylight, but it looks a lot better in person than over the web.

So that made #2 of the 100 Huayra's. Then as I'm leaving, my third one went by a flatbed.
Owned by the same kid who had the first one I got to see last year, but this one is dedicated to his dad

So yeah, that's my night. Eating some Bagel Bites while YouTube-ing and probably go through the photos before bed
That's my update. ✌
Jesus, I was recently wondering where you ran off to, too

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I applied for a DOC job. I've passed all of the initial steps and have an interview in a month. Pretty excited about it.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going for wing night at PJs tonight with some buddies from work. Was a really slow day today, but thankfully I left with 14.1 hours.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Guy's also a dumbass for not waiting for the car to be picked up or handling it differently.
Hopefully it gets sorted though, I'm just glad reddit users f**ked off because they crashed the site for a while

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hopefully it gets sorted though, I'm just glad reddit users f**ked off because they crashed the site for a while
That's how I found out about it.. someone posted in /r/cars :lol:

PS site is down right now :what:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trying to sell my motorcycle... only has 7200 miles on it, which is very very low for a 2005. Unfortunately didn't winterize it properly. So it starts, but has bad gas. Come to find out, the gas tank lock is seized up (it uses the key to lock / unlock), so I can't get to the tank to siphon out all the bad gas. AND on top of that, my only key is bent. Got a copy made, but it works so-so. In order to get a perfect key I need to pull the ignition switch off and hope the key code isn't worn off. If it is, I need to go to a locksmith. I have a few interested buyers that I don't want to lose because of this. f**k.

Andddd it looks like I need to replace the input shaft bearing in the RSX transmission. I'm hearing a noise in gear that goes away when I depress the clutch or put it in neutral. Might as well rebuild it, too, since the 2nd gear synchros aren't doing too hot and usually grinds going to gear.. common issue with the 02 RSX transmission. And since I'm on the original clutch @ 158000 miles, I guess I should replace that, too. More f**k.

Sold my CBR last summer to a coworker because I didn't ride it anymore. Only had 2600 miles on it. It is an '03. I was the second owner, bought it from a young guy that only put 400 miles on it and didn't like riding so he ditched it. I basically took over his payments which was about half of what the bike was worth at the time (bike was worth $8k iirc and I picked it up from him for $4300). Hell of a score. Even at 12 years later I still came out in a profit. Sold it for $5k. :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sold my CBR last summer to a coworker because I didn't ride it anymore. Only had 2600 miles on it. It is an '03. I was the second owner, bought it from a young guy that only put 400 miles on it and didn't like riding so he ditched it. I basically took over his payments which was about half of what the bike was worth at the time (bike was worth $8k iirc and I picked it up from him for $4300). Hell of a score. Even at 12 years later I still came out in a profit. Sold it for $5k. :lol:
Nice, can't beat that lol. I'll get a new bike eventually, rather sell it and put money towards school loans or Acura parts instead :lol:

Also I'm in Canada right now for work. Mississauga, which is basically on the other side of Lake Ontario compared to me. I keep forgetting that speed limits here are in km/h... no wonder I was blowing by people thinking they were all just slow. :lol:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Been MIA as s**t lately.. no excuses, just life pushing my priorities all around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

itzrivera

^ are you keeping it?

I haven't updated my thread in a while, but the civic has made some progress. Going to swap out the thermostat today and need to wire in the switch for the fan since it was literally hanging on by one thread of wire lol Also have the secondary o2 sensor that I'm going to hook up and fix the wiring at the plug since that one is also holding on by a couple threads. Moral of the story, don't buy shells from kids who have f**ked with the car prior. smh

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ are you keeping it?

I haven't updated my thread in a while, but the civic has made some progress. Going to swap out the thermostat today and need to wire in the switch for the fan since it was literally hanging on by one thread of wire lol Also have the secondary o2 sensor that I'm going to hook up and fix the wiring at the plug since that one is also holding on by a couple threads. Moral of the story, don't buy shells from kids who have f**ked with the car prior. smh
Well yeah. Lol. It's my brothers first car. I hope he drives that thing till it blows up. It's very nice.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Headed up to Ft Collins tomorrow in a snow storm to tear my truck apart and bring the frame back to powdercoat. Not looking forward to the drive, but its now or never.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just picked up my brother's first car. RSX type S, 150k

Nice! Looks exactly like mine when I first picked her up. :thumbs up

Replaced gas cap cover in the Ninja today, with a non-locking one. Oil change and fresh gas this weekend, might have a potential buyer coming up to look at it soon.

Also bringing the S2000 wheels in for a fresh white powder coat on Monday. Hopefully it's about that time I can lower the car back down a bit again. Watkins Glen opening day is in 3 weeks, and I'm joining 300+ cruise with various other cars down there in an event / fundraiser for a kid who passed away in an accident. @Szady

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm the only IT guy working today. For a global company with 2300+ users. I'll be the only one supporting the Americas for the rest of the week too. Lots to do and 0 motivation!