joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Silvernight01ex said:
actually it has been known that you can get an est. 100-150 horse if you do the mods i said right....but it takes a lot of time on the dyno and knowing how to make it work right with your timing....
You've been misinformed. You'd get 30 at the ABSOLUTE maximum, but even that is unrealistic because you have an auto.. I'm going to estimate around 20 - 25.

Silvernight01ex

Silvernight01ex
5+ Year Member
i am talking with a new cam, new converter, and a comp remap..... and u might be right about being misinformed, cuz i was not sure if he was talking about with the mods i have already, or not......hey im not claming to know everything about the 1.7L VTEC engine

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's no problem man, if you stick around you'll end up learning a lot of s**t about your car.

my 20 - 25 estimate was for the cam, torque converter, and tuning.

with your current mods included.. I'd estimate a maximum of maybe 40 whp total over stock.

ojay

7thgencivic.com dedicated
5+ Year Member
tuners work on their engines!

nice show car, always nice to see a michigan person.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow...this n00b is way off in his own world of "tuning".............

:welcome: tho *sigh*

em2civic

5+ Year Member
Silvernight01ex said:
i dont know much about working on a engine, but i do know that there is no point in putting a turbo on this car, which will only add about 7psi to the engine, which means nothing.....so why spend 3000+ on something that wil not do much, when u could spend half that on other stuff to make your car faster.... i know that this is not a car made for speed....i mean come on a SOHC vtech is nothing in the world of racing, plus i have added about 500lbs in all the mods, the only thing set up for race is my hood lol
Ok Ok before getting clowned more than you have let me enlighten you on some stuff about the D17 motor. A turbo for this car will make more power than anything you do to this engine. For every pound of boast you run it is 10 horsepower which is good. Soooo if you have an ex then you have about 100 horsepower to the wheels..Run about 7 pounds...You have 170 horsepower...Then tune it properly with an emange kit and also better injectors and such you will have 200 horses easy... What I'm trying to tell you is that turbo is WORTH the money...Have you seen SOHC Vtec cars make 500 horses?!!?!?!

em2civic

5+ Year Member
Silvernight01ex said:
No i knew what JDM ment, i was not sure where u were going with the question of who makes it, since any true tuner knows about JDM, and not a cat converter i mean a torque converter, and i know a company named Godspeed located in MI, that will do a remap of your computer which will change your limts of the car and add some hidden power in your engine
torque converter...So I'm guessing you have an automatic?!?! The ECU of this car is tune to optimize all the power it can dish out. An emanage will not do anything not unless you build the enternals or force induction

Theelectricchil

5+ Year Member
Nice... one of the better lookin' civics so far! Although I am not at all a fan of the Lamborghinieque doors on a relatively inexpensive car like the civic. (They seem too out of place).

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Silvernight01ex said:
hey is there any way you can take the pics i posted for ROTM and put them on here, or how can i do that
so is he allowed in ROTM or featurd ride? curious as I dont know the rules and cant find them :???: