What do you guys think??? (SITE SUGGESTION)

Should the rules be changed to V.I.P or stay the same??

• Total voters

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I vote to make it VIP standards. I feel that you should be at VIP status to do anything like sell or buy. If you make it to VIP without bullshitting your way in and have been here 5 or 6 months it shows that you are a dedicated member and have the right to sell stuff.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the more requirements the better, it's not like it's hard to get that many posts and the longer people stay the less likely "most" people would be to rip someone off.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I vote to leave it alone. Nobody has gotten screwed... people are going to whore no matter what to get to the post mark. We as mods just have to go and delete their posts and hand out warnings / bannings accordingly. Yea, it creates more work for us.. but it has to be done.

Hell, i'd personally like some more work anyway.. lol... it's very rare that anything goes wrong in my sections =o(

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think its fine the way it is.. but id say if this poll gets enough interest we should probably review and discuss other options.. so lets just let it run and see how it turns out.. if 10 people vote they are not happy with the way things are thats one thing, BUT if like 30 + vote to change it then obviously it deserves some sereious in depth discussion..

just my 2 cents.. im open to whatever..

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn with a 6 to 6 tie it's going to take awhile.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic2nv said:
I have been noticing new members coming in here and whoring up threads just to sell or buy stuff from this site...I think that in order to sell or buy that the rules should be the same as the V.I.P rules..

what do you guys think??
I dont think its the mods job to babysit you people personally. The rules were set up after voting on them (right?), and the mods said that wouldnt be happening (which I called out that it would, and heres proof) b/c they would be on top of it..............................

but no matter what you set it to, whoring will happen, the rule changes that were put in place a couple months ago just made the whoring in the threads they wanted to see more of (again, just like I said) the tech threads.....

to defend the mods though, you dont really see a lot of this. I mean it happens, for sure, but I dont think its enough to warrant another change in the rules....maybe just have the mods checking stuff out a little more thoroughly, and maybe us as members REPORTING posts (like I do) stepping up to help out. Its OUR site. =)

Bottom line: I voted no. Not enough of this to warrant another change....the site is MUCH better than it was a couple months ago...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
I think its the mods job to babysit you people personally. The rules were set up after voting on them (right?), and the mods said that wouldnt be happening (which I called out that it would, and heres proof) b/c they would be on top of it..............................

but no matter what you set it to, whoring will happen, the rule changes that were put in place a couple months ago just made the whoring in the threads they wanted to see more of (again, just like I said) the tech threads.....

to defend the mods though, you dont really see a lot of this. I mean it happens, for sure, but I dont think its enough to warrant another change in the rules....maybe just have the mods checking stuff out a little more thoroughly, and maybe us as members REPORTING posts (like I do) stepping up to help out. Its OUR site. =)

i agree to leave it as is.. people do whore.. we catch them (for the most part) and people who whore just to sell HAVE been banned and will continue to be if they do not take the warning.. ;)

civic2nv

CCCC #259
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i think its fine the way it is.. but id say if this poll gets enough interest we should probably review and discuss other options.. so lets just let it run and see how it turns out.. if 10 people vote they are not happy with the way things are thats one thing, BUT if like 30 + vote to change it then obviously it deserves some sereious in depth discussion..

just my 2 cents.. im open to whatever..

:thumbs up :thumbs up ......sounds like a plan =)

i just thought i would throw the idea up in the air to see what ppl thought...to me the buying/selling is pretty important...and hopefully to others to....

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
x007den said:
so who got screwed in one of the transactions?
ben got screwed BADLY last year.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic2nv said:
:thumbs up :thumbs up ......sounds like a plan =)

i just thought i would throw the idea up in the air to see what ppl thought...to me the buying/selling is pretty important...and hopefully to others to....
absolutely.. thats what this section is for.. ;)

although not an "official vote" it will DEFINATELY play into any choices made regarding the matter.. =)

thanks for taking the time to get involved the correct way (without bitching and causing tension)

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its pretty sad when people whore... When I was a nOOb I'll admit I did it a few tmes but I caught on fast. I agree with oc...

civic2nv

CCCC #259
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
ben got screwed BADLY last year.
and i think we can minimize that greatly by tweaking the rule just a little bit

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic2nv said:
and i think we can minimize that greatly by tweaking the rule just a little bit
its important to note that was last year which was before the current rules were implace..

civic2nv

CCCC #259
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
its important to note that was last year which was before the current rules were implace..

what were the rules?? i did more researching than posting when i first signed up

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic2nv said:
what were the rules?? i did more researching than posting when i first signed up
it may have been the same number of posts.. but lounge posts used to count.. its MUCH easier to slip out 100 lounge posts, than 100 tech posts... i think its pretty difficult if you are JUST here to scam someone to make 100 BS tech posts.. we catch people trying a lot, but its just easy to spot.. but again im totally for seeing what the rest of the site wants.. im just pointing out that with the removal of lounge posts... its quite hard to reach 100 if you are just talking out your ass...

there was a time where i said to make it not just post number.. but time also.. and the reason for this was if someone was just here to rip someone off, they would be less likely to sit around for a month before they could do it..

no system is flawless, but i thought one based on post count AND member time would really help weed them out.. :D

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
agreed. it's the combination of the two that works. just one or the other doesn't implement enough safeguards.

if it was just timebased, someone could register and not post. then when the alotted time has passed, they start selling.
if it was just postbased, we'd get mad whoring.

however, what do u guys think of ppl that go thru all the tech forums and answer everyone's questions?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
it may have been the same number of posts.. but lounge posts used to count.. its MUCH easier to slip out 100 lounge posts, than 100 tech posts... i think its pretty difficult if you are JUST here to scam someone to make 100 BS tech posts.. we catch people trying a lot, but its just easy to spot.. but again im totally for seeing what the rest of the site wants.. im just pointing out that with the removal of lounge posts... its quite hard to reach 100 if you are just talking out your ass...

there was a time where i said to make it not just post number.. but time also.. and the reason for this was if someone was just here to rip someone off, they would be less likely to sit around for a month before they could do it..

no system is flawless, but i thought one based on post count AND member time would really help weed them out.. :D
:wstupid:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
however, what do u guys think of ppl that go thru all the tech forums and answer everyone's questions?

is that a trick question... lol

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
agreed. it's the combination of the two that works. just one or the other doesn't implement enough safeguards.

if it was just timebased, someone could register and not post. then when the alotted time has passed, they start selling.
if it was just postbased, we'd get mad whoring.

Thats is actually the first thing I do as a matter of fact... then I go to the lounge and kill time... lol

if they make that much effort just to sell something... what can you do?