What do you guys think??? (SITE SUGGESTION)

Should the rules be changed to V.I.P or stay the same??

• Total voters

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x007den said:
yes i know what u mean BUT, in a year worth of cases, it doesn't help AT ALL.
again are you waiting for that case to happen and then switch it? Im not saying make it a year... 2 months, 3 months 100 posts sounds about right..

x007den said:
i think you're not putting enough value on how great it is to have people selling parts u need and vice versa.
that is also true. I really dont sell/buy anything for this site so I really dont know.

Oh well, you guys have my opinion... =)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
ok, I see your point. But you as a website are providing a forum in which to sell wares. You dont find it at all your (the sites) responsibility to do what you can to prevent the users from getting scammed?? I just see it as so easy, why not do it.

I mean I dont care either way, Im just being the devils advocate really. If it was MY site, I would do what I can to prevent it is all... =)
we do.. we give you the tools to make an informed purchase.. we give you join date, post count, trader rating, search tool, etc.....

i HONESTLY think its wrong to come up with a standard, because then it prohibits some who WOULD take the chance... in other words.. i wouldnt deal with someone wiht 0 posts.. and you wouldnt either.... and we can see the posts... so thats the choice we would make... but why FORCE our standards on someone who WOULD take the the chance...

thats all im saying...there doesnt have to even be a rule because whatever standard you want to apply.. you can :D

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i HONESTLY think its wrong to come up with a standard, because then it prohibits some who WOULD take the chance... in other words.. i wouldnt deal with someone wiht 0 posts.. and you wouldnt either.... and we can see the posts... so thats the choice we would make... but why FORCE our standards on someone who WOULD take the the chance...
to be proactive and protect your users from making a potentially bad purchase. :what: I dont see why that could be a bad thing at all. it can only help. =)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
to be proactive and protect your users from making a potentially bad purchase. :what: I dont see why that could be a bad thing at all. it can only help. =)
because the more restrictive you make the rules the more potential sales you miss out on.. thats easy... its the same reason we DONT make the rule "been here for five years and have over 2000 posts" sure that would "protect our users pretty well" BUT it would GREATLY minimize the ability to buy and selland as pointed out to you.. EVEN if the rules were as restrictive as VIP.. a lot of people whove had bad purchases would STILL have had the same problem..

it goes back to what i said before.. why should you care, that joe smith would buy from someone with 0 posts.... it doesnt effect you.... you have the free to choice to decide who to do business with...and id like taht same opportunity... and just because they dont have history here, doest mean they dont have history... say we pick up a new member who registers to sell his exhaust, and has FANTASTIC ebay history.. he can obviously support being a good seller.. i mean these are just examples... but im sure you get what i mean...

its just liek real laws in real government.. you can outlaw EVERYTHING in society that MIGHT have a negative impact... but play that in your mind and think of the instant chaos that would cause... people have to be allowed to make choices themselves at SOME level IMHO

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
because the more restrictive you make the rules the more potential sales you miss out on.. thats easy... its the same reason we DONT make the rule "been here for five years and have over 2000 posts" sure that would "protect our users pretty well" BUT it would GREATLY minimize the ability to buy and selland as pointed out to you.. EVEN if the rules were as restrictive as VIP.. a lot of people whove had bad purchases would STILL have had the same problem..

it goes back to what i said before.. why should you care, that joe smith would buy from someone with 0 posts.... it doesnt effect you.... you have the free to choice to decide who to do business with...and id like taht same opportunity... and just because they dont have history here, doest mean they dont have history... say we pick up a new member who registers to sell his exhaust, and has FANTASTIC ebay history.. he can obviously support being a good seller.. i mean these are just examples... but im sure you get what i mean...

its just liek real laws in real government.. you can outlaw EVERYTHING in society that MIGHT have a negative impact... but play that in your mind and think of the instant chaos that would cause... people have to be allowed to make choices themselves at SOME level IMHO
I understand, but we arent talking about tightening up EVERY law (rule on this site).. we are talking about A rule on this website. I dont think that govt analogy helped at all....

I dont know, i would rather miss out on some potential sales then potentially get ripped off.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
I understand, but we arent talking about tightening up EVERY law (rule on this site).. we are talking about A rule on this website. I dont think that govt analogy helped at all....

I dont know, i would rather miss out on some potential sales then potentially get ripped off.
thats where your logic fails.. if you really need me to tell you who to buy from, when you can SEE the information in front of you thats silly..

its YOUR money... so why not think of the BEST CC policy on being able to sell.. you think of the criteria that would make you feel safe..

now use it.. pretty simple..

i can appreciate that you like to debate.. but if you just use a little logic.. youll see i could not be more correct.. ;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
we will agree to disagree then.
NOT arguing.. answer this..

Question: what is preventing you from using the system you would vote for.. what is preventing you from say.. using VIP rules to decide who to buy from?

Answer: Nothing... the choice is totally open to you..

so what would making it "the rule" do? when you can already use that standard..

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
NOT arguing.. answer this..

Question: what is preventing you from using the system you would vote for.. what is preventing you from say.. using VIP rules to decide who to buy from?

Answer: Nothing... the choice is totally open to you..

so what would making it "the rule" do? when you can already use that standard..
"that depnds on what the definition of the word 'is' is..........." :shock: ha ha, j/p.

Nothing you are right, its my choice. However, making it a rule would just potentially weed out more scammers. Can you DIY? Absolutely. That point was never in question. The point in question IMO is if the site can do even a little more to help out and prevent issues, maybe it should. I dont think its really limiting the selection as much as you think (and you belive otherwise).

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
"that depnds on what the definition of the word 'is' is..........." :shock: ha ha, j/p.

Nothing you are right, its my choice. However, making it a rule would just potentially weed out more scammers. Can you DIY? Absolutely. That point was never in question. The point in question IMO is if the site can do even a little more to help out and prevent issues, maybe it should. I dont think its really limiting the selection it as much as you think (and you belive otherwise).
id consider it if the rule would have had any impact on the FEW bad/questionable deals that have occured... but it wouldnt.. but for now i guess ive talked myself out of any need for a change.. NOT to say it wont.. i just thhink its TOTALLY not needed... AND i think it would actually piss off new members.. i know there are ALWAYS stupid questions on that other site that uses "trial useres".... buying anything used, especially online can be a real b***h.. buit you take that chance whenever you buy something online..

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I enjoyed playing devils advocate. I see both sides and both sides are valid. can it help...potentially. is it needed, not really, but it can potentially help. =)

chile

meat popsicle
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't think you need 100 posts if you've been here a while...before we took the post count off lounge posts, i was good. now, i'm not. kinda sucks but i can understand and am willing to wait.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chile said:
i don't think you need 100 posts if you've been here a while...before we took the post count off lounge posts, i was good. now, i'm not. kinda sucks but i can understand and am willing to wait.
i appreciate you understanding.... ;)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
chile said:
can i respond in the parts wanted area?
not if your trying to sell with under 100 post!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chile said:
can i respond in the parts wanted area?

9 more posts... go check out members rides.. and the tech sections.. im SURE you can make 9 USEFULL posts... ;)

USEFULL posts... dont whore this thread... no whoring will be permitted... even if you are only 4 away.... ;)

Last edited:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
9 more posts... go check out members rides.. and the tech sections.. im SURE you can make 9 USEFULL posts... ;)

USEFULL posts... dont whore this thread... no whoring will be permitted... even if you are only 4 away.... ;)
you yourself told him to go whore, lol, and what's even more funny is the fact taht you editted your post to hide taht, damn i knew i should have took a screen shot.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I read what he said and it wasnt literally to go whore..... sheesh tom, dont try hang your peers bro... =)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
not trying to hang them, i just like to abuse them when i can.

chile

meat popsicle
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
devils advocate here: although it wasn't explicit...most would have thought it was implied...2 different things, i know but enough...i apologize for taking the mile when i only was given the inch...