what do you think?

krooked32

oh yeah s**t forgot to put pics earlier. gonna try and load em up now. never posted pics before so this should be interesting haha. 4700 for an SI around here is dirt cheap. anything under 5k is rebuilt or salvaged or just plain garbage. only got exterior pics, the guy is a bit slow at sending me stuff. going to see it tomorrow when i get out of class so again, ill let you guys know!

krooked32

thats all i have atm. i can take more when i go tomorrow. if im not pleased with this car im going to buy his hatch with a b20 in it. it needs TLC but hes asking 2700 and ive been wanting something to work on. but on a side note i really am hoping this EM1 is legit. i guess we'll find out, won't we! :what:

Decipher

Registered VIP
I actually really like those rims. And the car looks in pretty good shape cosmetically. I know it doesn't speak for much else other than the fact he had good taste, but at least it's not tacky and completely molested. Hope you pop the hood/test drive it and find a beautiful, leak free, nearly factory B16, solid transmission and mint interior... imo it would be totally worth his asking price if you did.

krooked32

I actually really like those rims. And the car looks in pretty good shape cosmetically. I know it doesn't speak for much else other than the fact he had good taste, but at least it's not tacky and completely molested. Hope you pop the hood/test drive it and find a beautiful, leak free, nearly factory B16, solid transmission and mint interior... imo it would be totally worth his asking price if you did.
^ all i can hope for now really. im praying to the honda gods that when i arrive tomorrow i am instantly pleased and get to drive home in a nice EM1. if anything, back to the drawing board!

emerican

Registered VIP
They go for a little cheaper around me my buddy just got a mint 6th gen si for 3200 but that was a steal
Let us know as soon as something happens man i really hope you get it and i like the wheels that are on it personally

krooked32

well, i am extremely dissapointed. the EM1 was a disaster stained interior, torn seats, relocated the tweeters into the door panels by cutting a hole near the door handle. rewired speakers and left the cables dangling in the trunk. the paint was over sprayed into the interior, the head gasket was "new" but leaking. AND THE BEST PART OF ALL!!!!!! he took out the check engine light...... thanks to everyone for mentioning to check that out. tires were practically bald, the brakes were almost gone, there were small spots of rust along the trunk lid and door jamb on the passenger side, the steering wheel was upside down it was so out of alignment. I asked him about all these things, told me they were all good to go, i drove 2 hours north to go see it, and now im pissed as f**k. Wasted my entire day for nothing. And he wouldnt budge off 4700, claiming he could sell the car as is for that price any day. i told him good luck and went on my way. I apologize for the largeness of this and the ranting but im so effing pissed.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, i am extremely dissapointed. the EM1 was a disaster stained interior, torn seats, relocated the tweeters into the door panels by cutting a hole near the door handle. rewired speakers and left the cables dangling in the trunk. the paint was over sprayed into the interior, the head gasket was "new" but leaking. AND THE BEST PART OF ALL!!!!!! he took out the check engine light...... thanks to everyone for mentioning to check that out. tires were practically bald, the brakes were almost gone, there were small spots of rust along the trunk lid and door jamb on the passenger side, the steering wheel was upside down it was so out of alignment. I asked him about all these things, told me they were all good to go, i drove 2 hours north to go see it, and now im pissed as f***. Wasted my entire day for nothing. And he wouldnt budge off 4700, claiming he could sell the car as is for that price any day. i told him good luck and went on my way. I apologize for the largeness of this and the ranting but im so effing pissed.
Next time be a d**k and ask for pictures of every last f**kin thing in the car. That's what I always try to do and when the people back out something is usually wrong.

krooked32

yep. i learned my lesson. i just made a phone call to a new seller, hes an hour away, i told him to go have a photo fiesta and send me no less than 15 pictures covering every aspect of the car then ill consider driving up there. i f**kin hate these people man. just sell the damn car with no bullshit, if its busted then say its f**king busted. pisses me off man.

krooked32

been a stressful weekend. insurance dropped me from their policy etc etc. guy blew me off twice with some bullshit. still making the effort to see the damn thing though, for 3750 and clean title no accidents all florida life and two owners i want it! said i can meet up with him today around 4-5 pm so ill be waiting eagerly to see if he blows me off again. but he made the mistake of telling me where he lived by with and intersection and everything. time to go knocking on doors! lol jk jk. but he sure has made buying his car a mission. havent found anything new besides this one. Every single link on craigslist and autotrader is purple and has been looked at haha. Updates to come later this evening!

MrDaggs

gl with the searching, bro! :thumbs up

Hope the EG isn't a pile of s**t like the other cars you looked at (that looked good starting out) ended up being.
Looks good so far!