What exhaust?

AtM-

5+ Year Member
I wanna get a catback but dont know what brand i should. I was looking around on here and someone said skunk2 mega power so I'm still debating. Anyone know of any good sites to buy at?

pwangchi813

magnaflow makes a catback, skunk2 but they are expensive. but a good exhaust really lets ur engine breath free up a little power and may even give you a few more mpgs so its worth the extra money. but on e bay they sell all sorts of different brands of catback exhaust systems. you could be takin a chance but its worth looking at and its cheaper.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I back Skunk2 100%. Great deep throaty tone to it, and sounds incredible at higher RPMs. Not obnoxiously loud at low RPMs, but you'll know you're driving a car when you step on it.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
youtube.com will have all the answers you need.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^there ya go, but i vote apexi ws2.

Skunk2 mega power is a can, it will sound like a can.... and on an 01 civic, a can looks ridiculously bad.

And yes I have heard the skunk2, my friend had one on his 00 SI, sounded like a bumble bee.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Skunk2 mega power is a can, it will sound like a can.... and on an 01 civic, a can looks ridiculously bad.

And yes I have heard the skunk2, my friend had one on his 00 SI, sounded like a bumble bee.
Not entirely sure why you call it a "can" or what you mean by that... but I think it fits the car well:

and sounds good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFgjW6YT-sc

But to each their own. I've definitely heard WAY worse.. and I prefer this over the apexi.

AtM-

5+ Year Member
actually they are back ordered on skunk2, but they have them on ebay for 495 shipped

CIVICEXJMS

5+ Year Member
i have a hks racing catback and i love it, not too loud at higher rpm's and not too ricey lol. i got a 00 civic

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got it at robear racing back in the day... but we had a deal with them and I got like 10% off. Check our site sponsors to see if you can get a deal.

LowNslowEM2

I got a rsx-s full exhuast on my 05 em2 soudns pretty stock but has a little noise to it. I like it. i want a ws2.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As you can probably tell OP just go to youtube and listen to clips, if you want a loud car there are exhausts for that, if you want a lower volume exhaust there are also some for that. Just find one you like.

AtM-

5+ Year Member
Exhaust poll

I've narrowed it down to skunk2 or Hks just wanted to do a poll to see what people say. Keep in mind price 500 for skunk2 and 300 for hks thanks

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Both are loud, doesnt really matter to em honestly. I prefer the low profile look. Another reason i went back to a stock muffler. Just modified it a little bit with a bit of cutting and welding. :D

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude, you already have a thread for this, and its three titles down. You dont need to create a new thread. And its been said millions of times, dont pick an exhaust based on what other people think. Go onto youtube.com and pick which one you think is better.