What have you done to your 5th Gen Civic Today?

i<3myeghatch

new to the site but i traded my gsr blades for some gt3s teal polish lip and i like them just gona have to repaint....=)

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Operation De-rice: Remove center console, de-rice, reinstall.

Why do people think this is acceptable? My hunch is someone with no money once owned this car and rather than install real mods, they went and emptied out their bank account for spray paint. Lucky for me the can ran out before they could do more damage.

Super sticky mess only a media blaster could handle. Probably a couple dozen super sized cokes spilled on it.

Quick few coats of black. Only temp anyway until my new console arrives. I just couldn't stand the thought of driving it like it was anymore.

MUUUUUCH better. Not perfect by any stretch but at least my gag reflex won't kick in when I sit down anymore

.... Well, at least until I get those door handles taken care of. YUCK!

More to come. B16A2 swap starting tomorrow if I can get my back up Mazda running tonight.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
.... Well, at least until I get those door handles taken care of. YUCK!

More to come. B16A2 swap starting tomorrow if I can get my back up Mazda running tonight.
Can still order those bits new. I wanna say less than $20 a piece.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I thought about that, but i'm still unsure on the whole panel. I may do an auto window swap in which case i'll need the new handle inserts anyway. A part of me wants to wrap the door skins in a new material. Probably something to match the new seats when those arrive. Maybe do a partial carbon set up too. The gears in my head have been turning since I picked this thing up last week.

086head

Registered VIP
Put my motor and transmission in today as well as my cv axles, almost done with my swap.

086head

Registered VIP
Bought a starter,valve gaskets, thermastat, and did an oil changes. Also called a body shop about painting my valve cover

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics people!! Or it doesn't count
That's the winning ticket from yesterday, going to use the funds to buy a eBay complete gasket set, and a OEM Honda D16Y8 metal head gasket. The graphite head gasket that comes in the eBay set will be thrown in the trash, if I can't get a few bucks for it.

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
LOL.. NICE! Have you checked your local store for gasket kits or RockAuto? Rockauto is where I always buy if I don't need it right that second. For example, my integra complete head kit was $65 plus shipping from them or $105 from Orielly's (spelling). I bought local cause I needed it for the weekend.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL.. NICE! Have you checked your local store for gasket kits or RockAuto? Rockauto is where I always buy if I don't need it right that second. For example, my integra complete head kit was $65 plus shipping from them or $105 from Orielly's (spelling). I bought local cause I needed it for the weekend.
Yea, advance and autozone are $110, and still come with a graphite hg. Dvds, that's just the head set. I'm getting a COMPLETE set for $45 w/free shipping. The oem metal hg was $31 at the local dealer.

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dvds should have been and. Fail. I wish I could afford a new phone :/

Maz

got the rack n pinion , tie 7rods , sway bar links changed and did allignment,