What have you done to your 5th Gen Civic Today?

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Picked it up from the shop. Oh yeah right, like YOU were gonna press in your own wheel bearings lol
Actually, I do press in my own bearings :p

Anyway, finally got around to hooking up all the water lines/hoses and ran it for a while. Everything checked out, so I drove it around the complex. I definitely need wheel bearings :( no worries, I have a press :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::cool:

Might need brakes too, gotta top of the fluid and bleed them out, but I'll check the pads before I bleed them when I pull the knuckles to R&R the bearings.

Still gotta mount the A/C compressor and P/S pump, set the ignition timing to spec (it runs really good, but I'm still gonna set it with a light so I can adjust it if I'm not satisfied with the gas mileage)

That's all I can think of for now.

I may have sold it already lol but no worries, I have another one lined up if/when this one sells :thumbup:

Time to go to work. I'll check in later.

Tapatalk2 T-Mobile Galaxy S3

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice update guys..... =)

The white got the best of me actually frost white..

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually, I do press in my own bearings :p

Hey, you've got the word "freak" right in your name lol Seriously wish I had the time and equipment to do it myself though. Always makes me feel like auto shop class is on :D

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to turn wrenches for a living, now its back to being a hobby, and a source of extra income :thumbup:

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
changed rear speakers out (the old ones finally quit after 6 years of service). Also replaced the middle gasket on the 2 piece header. Damn gasket took a week to arrive via Fedex, and the shipping cost me more than the gasket! To be fair, the shipping took so long because Greddy required signature, and Fedex was always showing up when no one home.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I DO like the new color ofthe wheels, JDM-JNKY. Not sure what color they are, though. Is that gunmetal or bronze? either way, looks good

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I DO like the new color ofthe wheels, JDM-JNKY. Not sure what color they are, though. Is that gunmetal or bronze? either way, looks good
thanks its just black the sun made it look bronze in those pictures...I do plan on getting these powder coated something that would just last longer.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF. How does this crap keep getting posted? My notification went off and I got all giddy :/

In other news, my bearings came in, ball joints should be in today >.< gotta dig the press out of storage and get work done ;)

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Love that trunk liner. what year is your civic, and is that liner only for that generation?

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks! That's my 03 coupe, got the liner at the dealership, I don't think they stated making them til the 6th gens though :/

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FML. Today sucks. I pressed out my old and pressed in my new lower ball joints, and pressed out the wheel bearings, went to press the new ones in, and they're WAY to big :( I broke down and went to autozone and bought one, gotta go pick up the other one in the morning. How the hell do you only have one bearing in stock? Whatever, that was just the cherry on top of the s**t sundae I was served today :/

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude, you're lucky then even had ONE in stock. My local parts stores are happy to order what I need, but rarely have any of the parts I need on hand. And why can't I ever find a decent spare tire cover in the yards? My car's had that busted ass cardboard for years, and I'm about ready to pull the carpet off it and cut another one myself out of heavy plastic or thin wood

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
remember seeing online somewhere an oem tray or something? Remember it was some kind of compartment, and think it was for the 5th gen

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it's what I'm thinking of, that's the 5th gen jdm compartment that replaces the spare tire cover.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if so, you know that thing's probably more expensive than a gold dipped Mugen NSX-R front end