What is a dohc zc engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you f**king kidding me?

not a double post, not a triple post, but a QUINTUPLE?!?!

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:roll:

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a dohc d-series non V-TEC, its like a factory frankenstein.... was never produced in north america...

If your have more questions go to www.thezcr.com

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No need for multiple threads.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow, so this thread is revived after we shot this kid down... :thumbs up this kid must feel like crap now haha

petercross

4th Gen Civic Curator
5+ Year Member
haha the dohc zc motor is the beast of the d16 motors :twisted:

check out my build thread if your interested in a zc build
http://clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?p=2372063#post2372063
Hi! Kinda new here and a new 4th gen civic owner too! 91 hatch to be exact with a funny, ORIGINAL, 1.2L engine. I was thinking of replacing it with a zc motor just like what you did (by the way, followed your thread above and loved every action! - congratulations!).

Now I wonder if you could hand me down some clues on what to look out for in a zc? You know, like what particular part should I be replacing first and all that stuff?

Thanks!

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now I wonder if you could hand me down some clues on how you'd know in the first place if the motor's a zc? You know, like numbers or letters or some sort of markings that tells you its a zc. And of course, where exactly I could find the markings on the engine?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hi! Kinda new here and a new 4th gen civic owner too! 91 hatch to be exact with a funny, ORIGINAL, 1.2L engine. I was thinking of replacing it with a zc motor just like what you did (by the way, followed your thread above and loved every action! - congratulations!).

Now I wonder if you could hand me down some clues on how you'd know in the first place if the motor's a zc? You know, like numbers or letters or some sort of markings that tells you its a zc. And of course, where exactly I could find the markings on the engine?

Lastly, did you have to adjust the motor mounts? If you did, where exactly?

Thanks!
on the left side of the block right under the exhaust manifold their should be letters that say either d16a6 or something.....on mine it just says ZC.....and if you had a d16 motor in to begin with no you dont have to mess with the motor mounts

petercross

4th Gen Civic Curator
5+ Year Member
WTF?!?!?!?! wasnt that only available in the CVCC 1200?!?!?!?!??!?!! woh!
Nope! No joke!

It was back in 1991, when Honda first came in and launched their brand this side of town! For the initial offering, they sold about 700 units of EF hatches and about 500 more of the EL 4-door sedans! All having that 1.2 16-valve powerplant!

I guess this is one fact that the authors of this website ought to know.;)

BELIEVE IT .... OR DON"T :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.