What is best turbo and motor build for my 2000 civic si

Mas0n

the bare minimum needed to support it shouldnt be a statment when talking about a turbo build. IMO
if you cheap out on the wrong parts no more motor the parts would be alot cheaper.
Also what are you going to tune it on and whose going to tune it the backbone of a turbo build is the tune you can have every baller part in the world no tune or s***ty tune and it either wont run will mess something up or run horribly
replace the things that need to be replaced on the motor
arp bolts
the bottom end should be fine at those goals
injector size or your choice
walboro 190 or 255 fuel pump
fuel rail and fpr
and then everything else that goes along with a turbo build that list is just scratching the surface dosent even really get into the turbo kit.
Then the program or way you are going to tune it and the tuner whoes doing it
In my budget i wasnt including the tune, i was just saying for the set up. And im not going to buy cheap parts, i was talking about what upgrades on my motor do i need to support the turbo, as in internals without rebuilding the whole motor

Mas0n

14b with a cast manifold
ebay intercooler and piping
440+ injectors
walboro 255
chipped p28
obd2b to obd1 swap
new tbelt/cam gears
find a dyno and tuner

could be sub 1800 bucks if you look hard enough and shop correctly
Thanks man!

Mas0n

look into turbonetics... they are flawless and less of the wallet yanker. on the other hand blood88shot is corect, go with the ebay turbo pipping... i mean it is pipping for sake. p28 are really good computers too use. and maybe if you have about 800- 1400 bucks left look into a ems if you plan on going big. Engine Managment System. esspecially the apexi ones, fully tuneable from your laptop too!
I was looking at turbonetics a couple days ago, i just don't know what size to get. Like i don't know what is too big and what is too small.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mymmeryloss is very educated, and experienced, IMO. there's a difference between knowledge, and wisdom.
Has anyone heard anything about the TSI kits offered through pro civic.com? They seem reasonably priced but not to sure about the tuning system offered with it.

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Buy the jg eddel brock kit and ride with the power you are looking for and the driveability of stock. It would be fine on the stock motor because that what it was made for.