What is this port?

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
I was wondering what this port is for and do I need it? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

EK_99_BOI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure exactly but i think a hose connects to that port and to another port on the intake manifold..

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what motor is that?

looks like the where the hose for the oil to water cooler on the DOHC ZC hooks to.

or it goes to the bottom of the IACV, but the location seems more to the center, like where the hose for the water cooler is

Last edited:

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
looks like a port for a oil cooler to me too, if you don't have one you should probably just plug it.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oil cooler goes between the oil filter and block

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
It is a b20b, all the ports on the iavc are plugged in unless they're in the wrong spot lol. If I had one where would the oil cooler go? Just put the motor together and runs but I noticed that wasn't plugged up or covered. Just wondering if I needed it

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you dont have the oil cooler between the filter and block, yes plug it, but make sure its strongly plugged, the pipe is the coolant pipe, that goes between the water pump and thermostat

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
Ok so I was looking at other motors and that port I am asking about goes into the IAVC. There is a problem though, both ports on the IAVC are being used at the moment. I most likely have it mixed up some how but I am not sure. There is one coming from the throttle body to the IAVC and another from the FITV to the IAVC.
Whats wrong here?

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
coolant runs through the iacv, you gotta check out the coolant line diagram and get all the coolant lines straight

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Make sure you get that s**t resolved becuase you don't want coolant going into the engine and hydro-locking that b***h up. I new a guy that did that on a brand new lexus...10k motor, not happy.

there should be a hose that goes from the FITV to another port that's under the dizzy. go to autozone, or some place like that and get like 14" of the high pressure hose and run that hose from those two ports. You're also going to need to get about 2', or if you have any hoses laying around your garage from the swap and run that hose from the IACV to the port on the backside of the engine. If you take the IACV off, that hose is going to connect to the port on the right. I hope this helps, let us know...

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
Ok I did that, now there is another port on the FITV that comes out the bottom. What does that one go to? Right now it is connected to the left port on the IACV, is that correct? If i leave it like that then there is a port on the throttle body that is just sitting there all open

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Where is the port on the TB? It might be a vacuum hose. I'll have to look at mine when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it's a vacuum hose. Does your car's idel jump all around and whatnot? Are you throwing a CEL for the The IACV (cel 14)?

And yes, that is correct. It does connect to the left port on the IACV.

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
the port on the throttle body is facing toward the firewall. Yeah I am having some idle issues, starts up fine and idles great for about 10 seconds then jumps from 1000RPM back to 0, crazy stuff.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah that definetly goes to the iacv....cause thats how i have it on my car.

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
hmmmm, so then what does the other port for the FITV go to? that one is also facing the firewall

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmmm, so then what does the other port for the FITV go to? that one is also facing the firewall
Ok, the port that's on the FITV that's facing teh rad. has a hose that runs to a port that's under the dizzy. The port that's on the backside of the FITV needs to have a hose that runs the the left port on the IACV (as you're looking at the IACV from the front) and the port on the right needs to go to the port that's on the backside of the engine.

civicjv1

5+ Year Member
Ok I currently have it that way like you said, but now there is a port right under the TB open and its facing the firewall. What's that for? Thanks for the help