5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
B30-7 was using the 12 cylinder FDL rated at 3000 horsepower
that might be a sweet swap

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol wow 3000hp is a bit of an overkill but just a bit lol and yea I was thinking of an ls swap then swap the head for vtec but what about an h22 that already came vtec and pull that out of a prelude that came auto with that motor would it be the same thing as going the ls/vtec route just better since the h22 is an all round stronger motor? And about the brakes would the rear of a 95 ex fir my 96 hatch? or would I have to go a different route?

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol wow 3000hp is a bit of an overkill but just a bit lol and yea I was thinking of an ls swap then swap the head for vtec but what about an h22 that already came vtec and pull that out of a prelude that came auto with that motor would it be the same thing as going the ls/vtec route just better since the h22 is an all round stronger motor? And about the brakes would the rear of a 95 ex fir my 96 hatch? or would I have to go a different route?
Yeah, the H22 puts out more power, but it's also a larger, six cylinder motor. That means that you have to take more out of your engine bay (A/C and PS have to go, I believe) and it also means that you'll be more front heavy. Not saying it's a bad route, just that it's not for everyone.

As for the brakes, here's a great thread with all your OEM options:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2374093

Look for the stuff on rear disc conversions.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
O yea I forgot that motor would throw weight off but I thought it was a 4cyl??? And thanks for the link I'll look into getting the ls/vtec swap and would a shop have trouble tunning an auto?

uncleoms2001

5+ Year Member
I'd go with a j series for v6, or if you want a little more torque, a C6 motor. But before you put any engine in your AUTO DD, look in the mirror and smack the s**t outta yourself.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, the H22 puts out more power, but it's also a larger, six cylinder motor..
:slap:
O yea I forgot that motor would throw weight off but I thought it was a 4cyl??? And thanks for the link I'll look into getting the ls/vtec swap and would a shop have trouble tunning an auto?
it would be a lot harder tuning an auto than a manual on the dyno. you'd need to find a shop willing to do it before you invest in the swap

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, right, they are four cylinder motors... that was dumb of me. They're still rather large, though.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea lo its all good I was thinking of what one of the other guys said about ls/vtec and tune it. I think the only reason why I want to swap is to have it under my mod list cause I mean I know an auto can't be fast unless you have deep pockets and the right connections I just don't want my car to be all looks cause I am building it to have jdm parts restore it makes sense? I won't track as much and it won't go into competition shows but it would be in display at car club meets etc

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea thanks I'll give it some thought cause like I said I just want to build it clean and not sure what I'll do motor wise or tranny. I know what I want in looks and suspension and wheels

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also if I do go with the entire motor and tranny swap should I hold off on the auto/manual swap till I have the motor and tranny I want to swap in?

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also if I do go with the entire motor and tranny swap should I hold off on the auto/manual swap till I have the motor and tranny I want to swap in?
That would make sense, might as well do it all at once instead of changing parts and then having to change them again. No need to buy a D-series manual tranny if you're going to buy a B-series motor later :what:.

Really depends on how long you're waiting though, the D-series transmissions aren't that expensive. If the motor swap is two years down the road, you may want to do the auto to manual swap on your D-series now.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I guess I'll wait tll I have the right motor in mind before I go and do my entire swap I'll focus on the exterior and interior of the car for now

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I guess I'll wait tll I have the right motor in mind before I go and do my entire swap I'll focus on the exterior and interior of the car for now
Sweet. Ask us if you have any more questions, and good luck with the build. =)

And make sure you post pics!

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I do I was trying to replace my shoes in the rear but no sucess so I started putting everything together and when I did one of the shoes bumped into the wheel cylinder causing the other side to pop out and grenish fluid to spill out. I immediatley put everything back into place and assembled the brakes back on and put the wheels on. I then lowered the car and without turning the car on I pressed down on the brak pedal tll it started to resist so I then turned the car on and put in gear and started moving when I tried to stop the pedal went all the way to the floor and I litterally had to push a lil more to get the car to stop. The ebrake is working fine and before this the brakes working fine but since I got the front done I figured lets do the backs so everything can be up to date.

Also it only happened to the passnger side.