what rear lip should i put on my ej8

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I rarely see anyone with spats/rear valences. I think those are waay legit.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I rarely see anyone with spats/rear valences. I think those are waay legit.
that's what i want. i have the sir front lip, stock skirts. i'm about to drop the cash on such little pieces.

RollinRollin

5+ Year Member
daanng that mugen is sick.
might just take it simple and throw on a type r rear lip
i want to get it on before my car goes in for a paint job

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mugen would be :drool:

Damn I love the way the 96-98 Bumper/Lip combo looks with the wing. Almost make me want to get a wing back. I think the 96-98 combo would look good without the wing regardless.

As far as the OP's question. OEM, or at least OEM style... I've actually got one for a 99-00, unpainted, black plastic. Haven't put it on yet, don't know if I'm going to just yet. Sk8shorty has me thinking of other options... :twisted:

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm sure you could MAKE it fit, but it would look jacked up. The shape of the 96-98 and 99-00 is different. Mostly around the lower back portion of the bumper. Let me see if I can find some pics...

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It depends on the lip if a 99-00 will fit a98. The replica Type R ones probably will fit but they are all crap, I know this will piss a lot of people off but I've never seen one to this day that looks right. They aren't even a replica Type R, people just call them that. There was no 6th gen 2dr/4dr Type R and the hatchback OEM Type R lip looks way different.
The USDM OEM rear lips are ridiculously overpriced but they really are the only ones that look good, they are contoured to fit the bumper and accentuate the lines. The aftermarket ones just kind of sit on the bottom of the bumper but don't really change the shape or add much to the look of the car and usually don't fit well.
I'm not trying to knock anyone with one of the aftermarket lips. I've had one too and not everyone can afford or find the OEM lips so I understand. I'm just saying that I don't think they ever look very good.

Bheims

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that's what i want. i have the sir front lip, stock skirts. i'm about to drop the cash on such little pieces.
:word: but $130 for two little pieces of plastic...doesn't seem right, I guess u gotta pay for rarity

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word: but $130 for two little pieces of plastic...doesn't seem right, I guess u gotta pay for rarity
that's exactly why i haven't done it yet. i just don't think it's ok. maybe i'll get lucky and find 'em cheaper, but doubtful.

Bheims

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeh OP this is what u should do

RollinRollin

5+ Year Member
ok so i think i might have a 99-00 rear bumper. but should i throw on a rear lip on it or leave it. im digging those mugen side stats.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
still say type r rear lip is good.

pr0jectcivic

5+ Year Member
still say type r rear lip is good.
:word: im planning on getting one myself. and im really diggin that rear window "duckbill" or "visor" or whatever it is on that coupe. might look into that one too.
and as for wings petey, i think an si replica wing would like sweet on your car. i have one and i think it looks pretty sweet. but thats just my opp.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd recommend an OEM rear lip for your car. I'm not a big fan of replica parts, but if you have a replica front and don't expect to change, then you might as well go all out and get the replica rear too.
i got a mugen replica front lip right now but what rear lip should i throw on my ej8?

should i throw on some side skirts too or keep the stock ones on? :/
Depends on what year and body and such your car is.
do they have a mugen rear lip?
They have rear spats, which are like little pieces of lips for the sides. They're for the '99-'00 coupe/sedan rear bumper.

There are replicas out there too.
would a 00 fit onto a 98
OEM ones can be made4 to fit, but is not advised by me.

Aftermarket ones fit either a lot of the time. That or they'll sell both '96-'98 and '99-'00.
s**t cause im not sure what kinda bumber my car has. how can you tell if i have a 98 or 00
Look at this thread.
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2278221

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They're really only that much? For real ones?

Hmm... might have to keep those in mind and get some of those later. Something else I want first though.
what is that peice thats above the back glass called?
Rear window visor. I've got one of the EGR ones (BNIPlastic), but I think I'm going to save it for a few years.