What would you pay for this 93 dx?

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking for a 2nd car soon so I'm not putting ridiculous amounts of miles on just one car. Came across this 93 dx coupe on craigslist, he's asking 1200 obo. Think its worth it?

His ad:
-Front fender damage
-Minor rust on back corner panel.
-D16 Motor swap.
-Dropped 2 1/2 in.
-110k.
-Cold air intake.
-Exhaust.
-Projector headlights.
-Clean interior.
-Neon's all around.
-New tires all around
-New alternator.
-New battery.
-Fresh oil change & tuneup.

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
it seamce to be a good deal to me. the fender could be poped back out. its some what easy to fix yourself. i would try and talk him down on the price thats just me. good luck with it and let us know if you get it

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was thinking the same thing with the fender and I will deff try and talk him down a bit if I decide to buy. Only thing that is stopping me is I'm not sure how much my insurance will be raised adding another car. I'm 18 and am paying 2300 a year for basic with a clean license..

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
ohhh i understand what your saying about the insurance. i have a wreck and a speeding ticket on mine. i pay about the same and i have 94 ex

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the second pic is an old pic of the car, man....get a carfax, off a stack ($1000), and call your insurance company, being thats its red get ready for a spike. but call them and even threaten the "progressive said they could do it for $xxx, but i would like to keep my business with you" and hope for the best.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
depending on the state red doesn't matter so much. i wouldn't pay more then 1500 for it though

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id offer a grand for the car

on another note, how many cars do you have on your insurance? just my del sol with the basic stuff is only 385 a year and i have an accident and 2 speeding tickets on my record

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Use the rust and fender to talk him to around 1200 and if u get it loose the head lights asap

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's pretty riced out. Do you know the miles on the swap? Why didn't he minime it? Run a compression test on it if you're serious.

1993civicDX

id ask him if he would accept 1,000 for it. most I would pay is 1,200 But that's only if I loved the car lol.

I'd say 1,100 is a good deal.

mine was 1,400 with fading paint and a blown head gasket lol. Ripped off from my uncle haha -.-

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would save my money, and just get a swap from japan with low miles. it's cheaper in the long run with not paying extra insurance for a second car, and think of all the extra fun a new motor is!!

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, the 2nd car idea is out of the question. I went into my insurance company and asked what another car would raise my insurance and they told me $1300! :shock: They also told me next time I have to renew it will be 1800 and another car is 75% of that 1800 so that makes out to be about 1300.

Rocky91890: I have no idea why its so high, when I first insured my car I had I think 3pts from a stop sign thats it though. Took a defensive driving course so it dropped them and I also have a 2005 suzuki drz400sm that has full coverage on everything and I'm paying 400/yr for that...

AMF

Thanks guys, the 2nd car idea is out of the question. I went into my insurance company and asked what another car would raise my insurance and they told me $1300! :shock: They also told me next time I have to renew it will be 1800 and another car is 75% of that 1800 so that makes out to be about 1300.

Rocky91890: I have no idea why its so high, when I first insured my car I had I think 3pts from a stop sign thats it though. Took a defensive driving course so it dropped them and I also have a 2005 suzuki drz400sm that has full coverage on everything and I'm paying 400/yr for that...
you might wanna reconcider changing insurance companies.... you are paying way too much but then again ur only 18... they're proly pricing you as a new driver or something.... look into it and have them break down your insurance plan for you so you can know why ur paying so much....

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe insurance in ny is just high, i dunno, but damn...i know you are young but that seems so high to me. i have 3 cars on full coverage with 2 drivers for less than that. get some more insurance quotes if you havent already.

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My insurance is payed off for the year but when I have to renew in november I'm going to look around and see where I can get a cheaper company.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whats it lowered on? What exhaust? etc? lol If its riding ebay coils on stock shocks and an ebay fart can I would stay away. 1K is a good offer.

lunareg

neons is a red flag lol.. but you need to switch your insurance company.. mine actually went down when i added a second car o.o lol multi car discounts ftw. I pay like 700 a year for 2 cars one on full coverage and the other liability, but im also old and never had any accidents.