What's so wrong with auto tranny?

mrCIX3

be a good shark
I am new to CC. I just wanted share this.. But, i personally love my civic, but most of my friends only give me negative comments about my transmission being a not-stick shift. This makes me feel uncool and i try so hard not to take it seriously, but lately my mind as become attached to "regret". I would've bought an SI, but the money just wasn't in my pocket at the time.
Are there any other Hondaheads out there who share the same discomfort? Hopefully the some replies will include ideas or suggestions on how to cope with the lack of better trans. Or maybe a suggestion on how to improve my civic so much greater than its current stock condition, that it would more than make up for a manual s.

CC=home

Josef
08 Civic EX/cp (blk)

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First off hello and :welcome:. I hope you enjoy the stay..People often don't like autos because they are often unreliable when pushed to the limit. But then again sometimes an automatic can be better than a manual car because the shifting is ALOT quicker and it's not always a b***h to drive when you just want to cruise. It's really your preference on what you want really.

that it would more than make up for a manual .

And nothing will. Sorry. Unless you turbo an automatic D, but then your tranny would blow up. Or if you're a hard-core auto guy then contact these guys-http://www.levelten.com

idkfreddy

5+ Year Member
Welcome! I drive an auto but been wanting to get a stick shift to start build. But driving a car with an auto tranny isn't so bad, find it less of a hassle to get to places when you're too lazy to do anything [x

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Auto's LOL

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nobody makes fun of my auto.

Then again it's attached to a 300hp Subaru, not a civic.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all depends on the car it is in and what you want to do with it..

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ant get out of here with that bullshit, its not time for that. Go back to your room!!

There is nothing to be ashamed of. When some of your friends point and make fun of your auto tranny, point and make fun of the ones who dont even have a car :what:

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
People say stuff about my auto but my car is for cruising and looking good so Idc =) BUTTT when I finally decide to swap it... I will be doing a tranny swap...

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome...
as for why manuals are better...
if you even have to ask you've never driven one =)

bofthe951

I feel what your saying. I loved my mini truck when i had it because it was stick. But you know what? my civic is automatic. Alot of my buddies are into doing the whole tuner thing with their cars. My car keeps up pretty well when we drive around town and i don't have to worry about roll backs on hills or always using the e brake when i park and you never have to worry about stalling in bumper to bumper traffic. Don't ever be ashamed of your car, it is what you make it.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hated oing from my manual hatch to my auto wagon. Yes its easier to daily but when it comes down to going faster manuals hold the power a lot better and there isnt as much of a delay in throttle response.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I feel what your saying. I loved my mini truck when i had it because it was stick. But you know what? my civic is automatic. Alot of my buddies are into doing the whole tuner thing with their cars. My car keeps up pretty well when we drive around town and i don't have to worry about roll backs on hills or always using the e brake when i park and you never have to worry about stalling in bumper to bumper traffic. Don't ever be ashamed of your car, it is what you make it.
Ummm I leave my car in gear when I park it, and as for stalling and roll backs.....I know how to drive stick so those arent problems either :what:

jus sayin

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hated oing from my manual hatch to my auto wagon. Yes its easier to daily but when it comes down to going faster manuals hold the power a lot better and there isnt as much of a delay in throttle response.
Then why are dragsters auto?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummm I leave my car in gear when I park it, and as for stalling and roll backs.....I know how to drive stick so those arent problems either :what:

jus sayin
you took the words right out of my mouth lol