What's The Lightest Civic Of All!!!!!!!!!!!!

delano777

5+ Year Member
So I Was Wondering What The Lightest Civic Of All Was? Between 88-00. I Was Interested In The Weight Of A 93' Hatchback (seems To Be Popular Because Of Its Weight). But Then I Got To Wondering What The Weights Were On All Of Them.
Thank You. (p.s. I Didnt Know Where To Post This)

fliposopher

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you couldve probably compiled a nice little table yourself comparing the weights of the different models, just by using the specs link above.

ryanM

CRX HF was like 1850lbs or something

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
CRX HF was like 1850lbs or something

Correct the 88-89 crx hf is the lightest.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the lightest civic in the 92-95 years (this section) would be the CX. but the VX is the best one to get for modding. only a few pounds heavier, and it comes with a tach, clock, and a few things that u would end up adding to a CX if u got one anyway, im sure. plus it comes with those sleeper wheels. if your into that kinda stuff.

EDIT: correction, the VX does not come with dash clock. See post #11.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
These ones are all below 2000 lbs.

'85-'87 CRX HF (MT) - 1713 lbs
'85-'86 CRX DX (MT) - 1819 lbs
'88 CRX HF (MT) - 1819 lbs
'89 CRX HF (MT) - 1834 lbs
'87 CRX DX (MT) - 1865 lbs
'85 CRX Si (MT) - 1883 lbs
'88 CRX DX (MT) - 1922 lbs
'88 Civic STD hatch (MT) - 1933 lbs
'86 CRX Si (MT) - 1953 lbs
'90-'91 CRX HF (MT) - 1967 lbs
'87 CRX Si (MT) - 1978 lbs
'88 Civic DX hatch (MT) - 1993 lbs

As for '93 Civic hatches:
'93 Civic VX hatch (MT) - 2094 lbs
'93 Civic DX hatch (MT) - 2178 lbs
'93 Civic DX hatch (AT) - 2275 lbs
'93 Civic Si hatch (MT) - 2326 lbs

** Please keep in mind these are dry weights. Your car will weight more unless it's toally stock and totally dry.

ryanM

NOFX said:

wowza, 1st gen rex was a freakin tin can, wonder if metal was an option, or if they were just made of balsa wood :lol:

xzodiackillerx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
wowza, 1st gen rex was a freakin tin can, wonder if metal was an option, or if they were just made of balsa wood :lol:
fiberglass fenders . factory

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
the lightest civic in the 92-95 years (this section) would be the CX. but the VX is the best one to get for modding. only a few pounds heavier, and it comes with a tach, clock, and a few things that u would end up adding to a CX if u got one anyway, im sure. plus it comes with those sleeper wheels. if your into that kinda stuff.

Just for the record the vx has no dash clock. I think the differenct beteen a vx and cx is the no tach and a 70 hp motor. Someone correct me if im wrong.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
95civicvx said:
Just for the record the vx has no dash clock. I think the differenct beteen a vx and cx is the no tach and a 70 hp motor. Someone correct me if im wrong.
It doesnt come with a clock, I was just thinkin that because it does come with the tach. The Si and EX models come with the Tach, Clock, bigger gas tank, etc...
NOFX said:

Keep in mind these cars were weighed in stock trim. This means no air conditioning or radio because it was not a standard option in any vehicle. The VX and Si were the only hatchbacks to come with 2 mirrors and a tachometer as standard equipment. For wheels, the VX came with 9lb thirteen-inch alloy wheels while the CX and DX had thirteen inch steel wheels.

So with this in mind, which hatchback is the best for a motor swap? Well, its widely accepted that the VX makes the best vehicle for a swap because its lightweight, has a passenger side mirror, has a tachometer, and is always pre-wired for VTEC. However, it really depends on what type of car you want to start with. For the best handling car in stock trim, the Si hatchback will be the best. Front/Rear sway bars along with rear disc brakes make for a nice package, despite its heaviness. In the end it’s a compromise, make your decision accordingly.

delano777

5+ Year Member
So with this in mind, which hatchback is the best for a motor swap? Well, its widely accepted that the VX makes the best vehicle for a swap because its lightweight, has a passenger side mirror, has a tachometer, and is always pre-wired for VTEC. However, it really depends on what type of car you want to start with. For the best handling car in stock trim, the Si hatchback will be the best. Front/Rear sway bars along with rear disc brakes make for a nice package, despite its heaviness. In the end it’s a compromise, make your decision accordingly.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what i was thinking about.
THank you

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
Keep in mind these cars were weighed in stock trim. This means no air conditioning or radio because it was not a standard option in any vehicle. The VX and Si were the only hatchbacks to come with 2 mirrors and a tachometer as standard equipment. For wheels, the VX came with 9lb thirteen-inch alloy wheels while the CX and DX had thirteen inch steel wheels.
Um.... a lot of those came with a radio and a/c. Stock. Some might have not had all those options, but um.. yeah, some did.

Just to clear up any confusion befre anyone starts counting their stock radio as costing them like a pound and a half or something over stock weight.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it wasnt standard equipment in the cx, or the vx, i dont think. im telling you, those weights are not accurate for what u will actually get. those weights that people list will NOT be what you will get. i've weighed every car that i've owned just about, and i've always compared them to the "specs". my 93 rs integra was off by over 100 lbs. my 90 hatch was off by about 150. my coupe is off by about 150, and my del Sol was off by about 150 lbs. these are real life things that actually happened. not, umm...yea, umm google'd, umm specs.

...umm yea.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dude.... they're dry weights. My '97 EX coupe was off by about 200 lbs. Gee, I wonder why?

Cazzo

5+ Year Member
Good that this thread was started cause I was just gonna ask the same question. I have a 94 si coupe (ex for u americans) but I want a hatch. The vx isnt an option cause I havn't even seen any here but I want to know once and for all the main differences between the cx, dx, and si. I guess the si is the total package but I was planning a swap so which is the best? I just don't understand how the si is so much heavier than the others if all it has is better suspension, little bigger engine and a sunroof? Just take a look at the 5th gen info page. A dx coupe compared to an ex coupe, Gross Vehicle Weight Rating
Coupe
DX M/T: 3,245 lbs (curb: 2231 lbs)
EX M/T: 3,490 lbs (curb: 2443 lbs)
And the hatchbacks, Hatchback
CX: 3,055 lbs (curb: 2108lbs)
VX: 3,055 lbs (curb: 2094lbs)
DX: 3,090 lbs (curb: 2180lbs)
Si: 3,270 lbs (curb: 2390lbs)
So where is this 200 lbs coming from on the top models?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't even pay attention to the weights listed in the info pages on CC. Much of the information is wrong.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can tell you whos not the lightest clubcivic member....................................me
sorry all, im bored.......

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Dude.... they're dry weights. My '97 EX coupe was off by about 200 lbs. Gee, I wonder why?
so whats the purpose of posting them?

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
of all the hatchback in 92-95 the vx is the lightest