What's The Lightest Civic Of All!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
so whats the purpose of posting them?
Nevermind... it's apparently beyond you.

Hint: Thread title is "What's The Lightest Civic Of All!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then the OP elaborates: "Between 88-00."

They are true weights of these Civics, just they are dry weights. Just like if you go to buy a motorcycle and you look up the weight is will likely be a dry weight, i.e., a weight of the vehicle without fluids.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you wanna figure out how much your car wieghs total with all people and gas....remember Gas wieghs 11 pounds a gallon

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Nevermind... it's apparently beyond you.

Hint: Thread title is "What's The Lightest Civic Of All!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then the OP elaborates: "Between 88-00."

They are true weights of these Civics, just they are dry weights. Just like if you go to buy a motorcycle and you look up the weight is will likely be a dry weight, i.e., a weight of the vehicle without fluids.
it doesnt matter what they weigh dry. this guy wanted to know what his car would weigh when he brings it home and starts modding it. it is so stupid to post what a car weighs at the factory before they are even done being produced. its pointless.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The CRX hf should be the lightest...

but by the time you add 4 wheel discs, sway bars, engine swap, new front hubs and axles to accomodate the swap...etc.... the difference won't be that much less than if you had started with a CRX Si.

delano777

5+ Year Member
thanks for the info. one reason i asked is because the late model civics 96-00 look a lot bigger and apearantly dont' weigh to much more. the second reason i asked is because i wanted to know which is widely considered to best for a motor swap. third, i am starting to really like the look of a fully modded 92-95 hatchback. like really powerfull go-carts. ;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
it doesnt matter what they weigh dry. this guy wanted to know what his car would weigh when he brings it home and starts modding it. it is so stupid to post what a car weighs at the factory before they are even done being produced. its pointless.
Didn't we alreaqdy figure out that the dry weights were off by about 100-200 lbs from a car that has fluids?

No, it is not pointless. This list shows you the weights in comparision with the other models.

Oh, and it seems some places, like edmunds.com lists these are curb weights, but I think it's safe to say that's probably not true since we keep finding the cars weigh a little bit more.
Snake_Shit said:
if you wanna figure out how much your car wieghs total with all people and gas....remember Gas wieghs 11 pounds a gallon
Actually, gasoline weighs about 6 pounds a gallon. And water weighs about 8.4 pounds a gallon.
delano777 said:
thanks for the info. one reason i asked is because the late model civics 96-00 look a lot bigger and apearantly dont' weigh to much more. the second reason i asked is because i wanted to know which is widely considered to best for a motor swap. third, i am starting to really like the look of a fully modded 92-95 hatchback. like really powerfull go-carts. ;)
You have to look at more than just the weight of a car to see which car is the best for an engine swap.

My92Civic

I really have a 93...doh!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
the lightest civic in the 92-95 years (this section) would be the CX. but the VX is the best one to get for modding. only a few pounds heavier, and it comes with a tach, clock, and a few things that u would end up adding to a CX if u got one anyway, im sure. plus it comes with those sleeper wheels. if your into that kinda stuff.

EDIT: correction, the VX does not come with dash clock. See post #11.
Another good thing the VX has (i dont know if people mentioned already...) is the rear underbody diffuser. Improves aero.