when to shift

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by ~vx~
alright.... newayz..... i wanna know something about starting a race...... u know right before u drop the clutch and engage 1st gear.... what RPM should it b at?....
Try to launch it around 3000 - 3500 rpms (that is with my car). I have found if you are lower than 3000 and drop the clutch it tends to bog down and you lose all launching. Anything above 3500 you get unnecessary wheel spin and you're launch goes to crap.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well it all depends on your car, your wheels, track temp, all that, generally 4000 is a good launch rpm, and theres other stuff that affect it, your clutch, your motors power(what bolt ons).....you just have to go out and luanch at different rpms, until you get the least amout of wheel slip, and dont bog the motor

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
well it all depends on your car, your wheels, track temp, all that, generally 4000 is a good launch rpm, and theres other stuff that affect it, your clutch, your motors power(what bolt ons).....you just have to go out and luanch at different rpms, until you get the least amout of wheel slip, and dont bog the motor
Good answer I didnt want to go into depth like that haha I am lazy.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like launching at 4.5k rpms =) minimal wheel spin too!

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol how do you pull that off John?

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that was the first thing i saw and i didnt feel like typing out seanjohn etc. I am a lazy f**k haha.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just get street slicks :what: