Where can you get really bright headlights??

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can also try cleaning your headlight housings. A lot of times, oxidation builds up and kills the clarity, giving you a very weak and yellow headlight beam. You can use meguiar's Plastx and see if it helps. If the oxidation is really bad, you can look into wet-sanding them.

As far as HID's go, make sure you get the proper high/low ones with the electromagnetic moving bulb. They have shields on them and reduce the amount of glare to oncoming drivers. I wouldn't go any higher than 6000k though, otherwise your light output will be just as bad as stock, if not worse.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blue tinted bulbs are for the loss.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So alot of this is going to be opinions from what I have read... Here is my 2 cents... blue bulbs look cool and all if they aren't too blue, but the light is not the best you can have, yes better than stock at times but not the best. If you want a set of bulbs that works the best, you can get them at most places including VatoZone, then get some Silvania Silverstars.... Here is the downside they are 39.99 in most cases. I have some in my Civic and they work great. However I have also worked with HID Kits and those are just HAWT.... You can get a good kit for around 100 bucks..... This guy is local to me here in CO however he ships, but I have referred several people to him and ALL have been very happy.... http://www.hidhub.com/ Price is good as well...

**EDIT** He also has a video on how to install them as well! GL

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
i dunno about what other people's experience is with bulbs from autozone but i personally dont like them. my last car was a dodge neon and i bought the xenon 50 dollar bulbs from advanced auto parts and there was not a large difference from stock. definetly NOT worth the fifty dollars. im going to order some hid's soon from the site below. its like 40-70 dollars and the site has good reviews. this is just my 2 cents but i think thats your best way to go. then again, just my opinion

http://www.vvme.com/hid-convertion-kit-c-44.html?zenid=1u51lct8endlpu6m7ljir035gdn517og

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would suggest ddmtuning.com. Lkifetime warranty and the basic HID kits start at $29.95.

lucas, i was checking out the site you have linked above^, it's pretty funny how they sell HID kits, some other cars parts, and tattoo equipment. (The last one seems kinda random for a site like that =))

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
haha omg i didnt even notice that til u said something about it lol. that is random.

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
ya it seems like a very good website with great products. i know several people that got a set from there. imma probably be getting the 55w 8000k set

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why waste money on useless bulbs. Who gives a f**k if you blind people. But if you are really concerned I got a set of 6000k bi-xenon hid's with glare shields and lifetime warranty for $175 on ebay. I have had them 3 years and they have replaced 2 ballasts for free. Or you can rice out a civic with gay projector retrofit.
you are retarded. what exactly makes a retrofit rice? conisdering it doesnt look anything like the "projector" headlights you see all the time on ebay.

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
Get new head lights and get some H.I.D.'s... I got my kit from VVME.com... I got the 8000K high and low beam kit ..I like them alot, and I haven't had any problems and I have had them installed, for almost 2 years now...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey i wanted to know where can you get the headlights/light bulbs thats are extremely bright, they have a lil bit of a bluish tint to them?? I have stock headlights and i can barely see at night. Please let me know thanks.
i have a 2000 civic ex. Thanks!
just fyi, blue lighiting is worse for your night time vision than white lighting. the higher up you go on the color spectrum the more strain your eyes must endure to see the light. yellow to white is easier on the eyes, scatters less on wet roads, and cuts through fog/rain better

as i said earlier
IPF bulbs. brighter than HIDs. nuff said
IPF X4 in 3200K = 150/195W

IPF X3 "fat boy" = 150/190W

http://intakeone.com/Lighting/headlight_index.html

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get DDM Tuning HID's they offer quality at an affordable price. I just installed mine and they looke great. I got the 35w 5000k Apexcones:

mpaired_7126

5+ Year Member
hid kits mang. 6000k
comes with life time warrenty.
last longer than halogens and conserves energy.
just got mines last night and that s**t are like concert lights lol

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get DDM Tuning HID's they offer quality at an affordable price. I just installed mine and they looke great. I got the 35w 5000k Apexcones:

That light is EVREYWHERE, every driver for a mile will be blinded.