which is better engine?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I personally like both the k20 and b18c. They're still good on gas when built... the h22, not so much. And since my car is a dd, thats something i take into consideration. Plus the h22 weighs more and is harder to fit (thats what I've heard, I don't know from experience).... and you can't go wrong with a 6-speed transmission :D

The downside about the k20 is that when you rebuild the entire engine, it ends up costing significantly more than a b engine. I don't know why its so expensive. I'm saving up for a new engine, but I still haven't decided. Fitting the k20 in an EK (which is what i have) is a b***h because there's a bunch of other s**t you need. a b-series is a more straight forward swap in that chassis which is why i'm leaning more that way. I'm not too familiar with the costs associated with building a h22, but I'd imagine its also more expensive than a b. The good thing about an h22, is that when you buy one, you're gonna pay much less than the going price of a k20.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
To whoever is hating on the K doesn't really know their honda motors. The K is the evolved H based on the roller F20c s2000 head so If you hate a K, then you hate the newer H b/c it is very similar, like you can put an H valve in a K head, just a small difference in length, and they flow similarly. The K weighs about 30 pounds less than a gsr swap which is super light compared to an H, I know, I have one.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
b16......zc is cheap to build up......but b16 will make more power, easier atleast

Breaking Point

5+ Year Member
Well, I personally like both the k20 and b18c. They're still good on gas when built... the h22, not so much. And since my car is a dd, thats something i take into consideration. Plus the h22 weighs more and is harder to fit (thats what I've heard, I don't know from experience).... and you can't go wrong with a 6-speed transmission :D

The downside about the k20 is that when you rebuild the entire engine, it ends up costing significantly more than a b engine. I don't know why its so expensive. I'm saving up for a new engine, but I still haven't decided. Fitting the k20 in an EK (which is what i have) is a b***h because there's a bunch of other s**t you need. a b-series is a more straight forward swap in that chassis which is why i'm leaning more that way. I'm not too familiar with the costs associated with building a h22, but I'd imagine its also more expensive than a b. The good thing about an h22, is that when you buy one, you're gonna pay much less than the going price of a k20.
the h22 may weigh more but is much more cocky haha. from thebuilds we have done the h22s are still ending up faster & cheaper to build, around the same price as a b series build & the initia motor is cheaper usually to get ahold of.we have put type r motors & h22s in 2000 civic hatchs coupes petty easy, the k series swap was a pain. to much crap we almost diddnt feel like dealing with.

To whoever is hating on the K doesn't really know their honda motors. The K is the evolved H based on the roller F20c s2000 head so If you hate a K, then you hate the newer H b/c it is very similar, like you can put an H valve in a K head, just a small difference in length, and they flow similarly. The K weighs about 30 pounds less than a gsr swap which is super light compared to an H, I know, I have one.
now now we dont need to go & accuse people of not knowing their stuff. everyone has their diff. opinions & outlooks based on experience knowlege & money issues. i your like me & my frends we've had some luckwith local shops wanting cars but mostly we buy build & sell these cars to make money for the nextbuild haha.i understand about the k head, but the k blck is crap. im not sure if anyone else saw it but on honda-tech i think it was they di the "ultimate" frankenstein, k20 head b16 tranny h22 block, they claimed they wanted to usse all of hondas best parts. with some minor work & building the h22 head can outflow & prefrm better then the head from what we have seen through our builds & trail and eror. i am nota hater of the k motors just an h series advocate, for the underdawg that actually packs a punch.also with the k motors, as i stated bfore not only do their inernals forever have problems from what we have seen, they dont have tat true honda last forever mark yet,because they just came out & we dont know if they stnd the test of time haha.but to each his own

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you wanna talk about power then ya it would be a B16, but then ur also gotta figure in the couple hundred for mounts, axels, and shiftlinkage... also the b16 swap cost quite a bit more than the zc also, so your over a grand more easily just in the cost of the swap.... Ive had my zc for quite some time and i wouldnt change that.... their cheap, got decent power for what they are and most are reliable..... I know this thread is over but i just hate seeing zc's get bashed lol
depends on what you want to do with your car. I've heard that If you want Torque, you'd go with the zc. If you want that HP, of course, B16 is the way to go. Just something I've been told over and over again whenever I ask other folks the difference.

petercross

4th Gen Civic Curator
5+ Year Member
turbo charged dohc zc. lol.. you would have less money in that.. with a diy turbo kit then you would swapping a b16 with 150 something crank hp. the dohc is a direct bolt in, add maybe 25 more lbs to the front and come with 130hp, and about the same amount of torque that a b16 has lol.. plus you have the dohc tuning possibility's. either way.. how deep your pockets are and if your a fan boy depicts what engine you choose.. i like my motors like i like my breasts, D are always better then B's lol.. nahh i just kidding.. either way.. what ever you choose.. your going to be dedicated lol. choose wisely..
Hi Panda!

Any websites that you could direct me to on the turbo for the zc?

What's the best suitable turbo kit that could fit a zc in a 91 hatch's bay?

Thanks!

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm lovin My h2b, when I get it in this weekend I'll bolt up my 1k header, and really outperform. I really love the H, I really don't like how damn heavy it is though.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock DOHC ZC rev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP6HT4NoWKw

revs pretty quick for stock, has some good tq also.

quick pull, before i changes gauge cluster and put a resonator in exhaust

i need to get a good pull vid of the zc.

all stock cept for HKS HG, header and exhaust (DIY icebox intake too)
stock ECU, stock SI tranny.

90dohcD

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
zc-turbo-cheap, B16-turbo-not as cheap but still cheap, k20 or k24-all motor-not cheap at all, H22-all motor-affordable any of these can be fast but horsepower per dollar id go H22 personally just cuz an H22 swapped ef hatch/crx is a low low 13 SECOND car just with the swap no mods so its how much u want to spend and ur preference also! Y does he keep making the same threads lol

Breaking Point

5+ Year Member
zc-turbo-cheap, B16-turbo-not as cheap but still cheap, k20 or k24-all motor-not cheap at all, H22-all motor-affordable any of these can be fast but horsepower per dollar id go H22 personally just cuz an H22 swapped ef hatch/crx is a low low 13 SECOND car just with the swap no mods so its how much u want to spend and ur preference also! Y does he keep making the same threads lol
i agree with him! h22 FTW. but b16 probably cheaper & will still scoot along nicely but not like the h22 the h22 gets up & dips