Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other, Please Specify

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been thinking about a new truck for a long time, so I've sort of been shopping for one that i can get in a couple years. There are really only 3 trucks I'm considering which are: Dodge Cummins, Ford Powerstroke and the Chevy Duramax. I'm leaning towards the Cummins the most because i've heard the least bad things about it and i really like the styling of it (03' 2500 quad cab 4x4 :drool:).

Since my selection is very limited to diesels, I've put an other option in so you can chime in on other trucks that i didn't list in my huge list of 3 trucks (sarcasm). My criteria for buying a truck is that it must be a 4x4, have a quad cab and be a diesel. I'm not close-minded to just diesels, its just my preference so throw in some gas powered trucks that you feel compete with diesel trucks. Oh and nothing to new, seeing as how I don't make much money and I'll be paying this bastard off for awhile I'd like to see it in the 20,000$-25,000$ range.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New Dodge Hemi FTW. The cummins is a decent truck tho I guess outta those 3 thats what id pick.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New Dodge Hemi FTW. The cummins is a decent truck tho I guess outta those 3 thats what id pick.
The Hemi was also a good possibility for me, the only thing that drew me towards diesels was the ease to get power out of them (power programers; edge, bullydog etc).

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why do u need a truck? gas is insane

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think it is pointless. I am watching forecast earth on the weather chanel now. we are f**ked lol

ryanM

my buddy's dad has an F350 powerstroke, it is the sweetest truck ever. its so comfortable. we drove 24+ hours round trip to kentucky with a trailor on the way down and a car on the trailor on the way back. we got 20mpg there and 15 coming back. but it was a really comfortable ride. i would suggest one. :thumbs up

ive also heard that cummins are pretty sweet too

3rdCoast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what do u need it for? Anything in particular? Or u just want something big, loud and shits black clouds on the way to the office?

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i myself would get a ford powerstroke because they can outdo a dodge, im a little biased though because i worked at a ford dealership. but i can defend myself by saying that i drove multiple dodge 2500 cummins trucks and multiple 250's,350's, and even 450's. i myself would go with the ford powerstroke because you could feel the power difference between the dodge and ford. also, ford was comfortable as could be. dodge wasnt bad either. now the harley davidson edtion.... wow, that overtakes the cake for me haha. anyway, your the one buying and not us. i say ford.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was going to say Toyota...but nevermind.
Same here.
Toyota's make great trucks, i was thinking of a tacoma but got drawn towards diesels for no reason other than power, but if i were to get a gas truck it would most likely be a tacoma.

what do u need it for? Anything in particular? Or u just want something big, loud and shits black clouds on the way to the office?
i would use it for playing out in the desert with my friends quad and just moving stuff because im always helping somebody move for some reason.

i myself would get a ford powerstroke because they can outdo a dodge, im a little biased though because i worked at a ford dealership. but i can defend myself by saying that i drove multiple dodge 2500 cummins trucks and multiple 250's,350's, and even 450's. i myself would go with the ford powerstroke because you could feel the power difference between the dodge and ford. also, ford was comfortable as could be. dodge wasnt bad either. now the harley davidson edtion.... wow, that overtakes the cake for me haha. anyway, your the one buying and not us. i say ford.
I've heard the same thing (power wise), but my dads work has a big problem with the 03 and 04 powerstrokes, starting out with the coupler to the turbo blowing off then injectors going bad then not even knowing whats wrong with it.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2500HD Duramax FTMFW!

And you would be crazy to buy a truck that is not a diesel.....I have a chevy 350 and would get raid of it in a heart beat for a diesel...Considering i get 12mpg and my friends chevy diesel can easly get 20....:(

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard the same thing (power wise), but my dads work has a big problem with the 03 and 04 powerstrokes, starting out with the coupler to the turbo blowing off then injectors going bad then not even knowing whats wrong with it.
I remember hearing about this as well, but I havent heard anything bad about the newer powerstrokes. I say stick with the ford powerstroke. Plenty of power, comfort and they're nice (accept that gay fender vent).

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm a Ford guy, I like their cars, and especially their trucks=)

But the cummins is indeed pretty damn nice man.

wiggi

sold his civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cummins, easy choice

then you must put stacks on it